Californication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterious_jen

Blue Crack Addict
OMG This show had its premier in australia last night !

:lmao: bloody fantastic and duchovny is just gold ... and so many bare boobs in half an hour !
and its being followed by the office yay so my monday nights are sweet. :dance:

come on i cant be the only one :bow: worshipping this show...

Three episodes deep, I'm pretty much head over heels. I was considering making a thread, so I'm glad someone else did.

im tempted to download it as it comes out from the states and with no adverts would be brilliant ... :drool:

then again im also wondering how long untill all the prudes complain and it gets taken off tv here, it is being shown at a later time slot (9.30) but there are bound to be whingers.

glad someone started a thread.

Forgot there was a new episode Monday night. I just searched the TiVo to record the next airing. I still don't understand the 16 year old who gave Duchovney the black eye :shifty: :scratch:

Last edited:
she was hillarious ! he picked her up in the books store, slept with her, she punched him i don't know why ( fetish i guess) , and then she turns out to be the daughter or his ex's new partner, it was a fantastic twist !

Just finished watching it (recorded it last night).
Nice and short (time wise) with some great funny twists.
I think this is going to be a great show.
Reminds me a bit of “Weeds”, pushing the envelope TV wise.

mysterious_jen said:
she was hillarious ! he picked her up in the books store, slept with her, she punched him i don't know why ( fetish i guess) , and then she turns out to be the daughter or his ex's new partner, it was a fantastic twist !

I had a feeling she did it because she knew who he was and wanted to set a "trap" for him. How could she not? Her father is living with the ex-wife and daughter.

I have this on The Movie Network OnDemand, will definitely be checking it out soon. :up:

I checked out the pilot ep through Netflix. It wasn't bad, but I didn't love it. I do :heart: me some Duchovny, though.

I'll probably check it out once it's on DVD. It's not torrent-worthy for me. :wink:

Twin Peaks ... :drool:

Too bad the second season went so far off the rails. :(

But man, that final episode scared the bejeezus out of me.

To tell the truth, I'm scared of a lot of David Lynch-related stuff. This seems like the tamest of his work.

i'm a fan so far. Duchovny does a really good job making what could be such an unbearbly cliched character -- the self-pitying, self-medicating writer who feels so damaged by success ... ugh, we've seen it a million times from Hemingway to Nicholas Cage in "Leaving Las Vegas" -- into a fairly well-rounded human being who is able to come up with some fairly fresh one-liners.

and, omg, i'm completely in love with the wife's fiance's house. :drool:

I rewatched last night's episode tonight and I'm already pumped for next Monday. This show is fantastic regardless of what anyone says. Duchovny really does an awesome job, and I think it's a very well written show. It also doesn't hurt that Natascha McElhone is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I'm glad to finally see her in something other than Ronin.

Lila64 said:
I still don't understand the 16 year old who gave Duchovney the black eye :shifty: :scratch:

I culda sworn she said "are you going to come?" and she punched him to make him. well that was my interpreation anyway.

Otherwise, firggin awesome show. Monday nights kick ass now. City Homicide, Californication, The Office and Footy Classified. Love it. :drool:

I was considering starting this one as well. Nice to know that we are getting it as soon as the US is. Normally it's about six months later.

However I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many people I have read going "how horrible devalue family values church blah blah blah" Not everything has to be beaten to death.

It reminded me of Weeds as well. I wish that'd come back on. Imagine Weeds/Californication :drool:

It's a weird running time though.

Back
Top Bottom