Brothers & Sisters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen this show, but I love, love, love Rachel Griffiths!

I don't know if she'll ever do television work that will come close to her "Six Feet Under" Brenda Chenowith character (which was some of the most stellar acting I've ever seen!) but I can't stand Rob Lowe or Calista Flockhart, so that keeps me away from this Brothers & Sisters show.

Oh you should still give it a chance, I am no huge fan of Calista and I basically like Rob for his looks :wink: but the characters and the relationships hold my interest.

FitzChivalry said:
I've never seen this show, but I love, love, love Rachel Griffiths!

I don't know if she'll ever do television work that will come close to her "Six Feet Under" Brenda Chenowith character (which was some of the most stellar acting I've ever seen!) but I can't stand Rob Lowe or Calista Flockhart, so that keeps me away from this Brothers & Sisters show.

Fitz, there's a lot more characters in the show than Calista and Rob Lowe's so keep watching and give the show a chance. You will be glad you did. It's going to be an interesting season. :up:

Anybody still watching?

How about Joe blindsiding Sarah with his bid to gain primary custody of the children(Paige and Cooper)?

How Justin abusing his painkillers just like he thought he would?

How about Julia just up and leaving with the baby and blaming Tommy for William(the other baby)'s death?

How about Tommy, in reaction, carrying on what looks to be the beginning of an affair with his young office manager?

How about Saul's implied gay past?

How about Justin and Rebecca appearing to be new best friends? My dad thinks incest will be dealt with down the line.

How about Kittie being pregnant with Robert's baby?

How about Kevin waiting for Robert's minister brother?

How about Nora being unable to keep her nose out of any of it?

All good questions! Yes, I'm still watching. I was surprised at the blindsided custody of Joe/Sarah's kids.

Justin - can't believe he's abusing the pain meds.

Julia - maybe they're writing her out and the office manager in? She was already making out with Tommy in the car!

Saul :hmm: Can't come out? Or is he bi?

Rebecca appeared to be jealous of Justin in the previews. Incest? :der:

How badly will Kitty's pregnancy, out of wedlock, hurt the presidential candidate?

Will Kevin wait :hmm:

Nora is in everybody's business!

I missed it because of the WS. It does seem like they are starting something between Rebecca and Justin :slant: They are supposedly dating in real life so maybe some of that chemistry just carries over. They have the same father and different mothers (right? :wink: ) but yeah, that's still creepy.

Kitty's pregnant? :shocked:

I can't decide if Saul is gay or not

Well I've missed the past couple shows but caught it last night. Wow. Here's my take......

How about Joe blindsiding Sarah with his bid to gain primary custody of the children(Paige and Cooper)? Divorce is U-G-L-Y especially where custody is involved and when shark-type lawyers stick their noses. I have a feeling it will end up on a good note. I am proud of Sarah for being as classy as possible in her position. Not easy, I've been there. We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out, just hope it doesn't affect the kids.

How Justin abusing his painkillers just like he thought he would? Not surprising. I missed what happened bringing him back onto the show though. Last I saw he'd gone off to Iraq. He's on crutches, obviously he was hurt and is trying to recover. Is he home for good?

How about Julia just up and leaving with the baby and blaming Tommy for William(the other baby)'s death? Also missed this but Julia's character just got all weird once she was pregnant, and when the birth happened and William died she really got weird. I hope they work it out and Julia comes to her senses.

How about Tommy, in reaction, carrying on what looks to be the beginning of an affair with his young office manager? Tommy is sad and looking for comfort. Not surprising. Like I said, I'd like to see him and Julia work things out. First Patricia Wettig's character has to get all suspicious and involved though.

How about Saul's implied gay past? Again not surprising but he hid it well from his family. He may well come out announcing his bi-sexuality. There's already homosexuality on the show, time for a new twist and that's with someone Bi-sexual.

How about Justin and Rebecca appearing to be new best friends? I noted this and thought it a bit incestuous and odd. From next week's previews obviously Rebecca gets jealous. We could just be lead to believe something that won't happen......

How about Kittie being pregnant with Robert's baby? A great twist and I'm glad for the timing....it was getting a bit gross watching those two fight then make up, talk about a wedding, get engaged then break up. Get married already and have the baby, get elected to office and live happily ever after!!

How about Kevin waiting for Robert's minister brother? Not surprising. Kevin's really in love.

How about Nora being unable to keep her nose out of any of it? Nora is so likeable. She should just stay in the pantry and keep the flow of secrets and family gossip flowing. It was kind of funny last night!

I do like this show :up:

:scream: The final of this season was on TV here on Monday night BUT.....I FELL ASLEEP HALFWAY THROUGH!! :scream:

Can ANYONE remember or fill me in with what happened? The last thing I remember is Kitty asking Rebecca to be a bridesmaid, and Julia returning to Tommy.....I can't believe I missed it :tsk:

Could be. We're going from our 'summer' programming to our 'winter' programming so that might be it too - our TVNZ might have decided that they'd stop it there and continue next summer... We had a 3 or so week hiatus from it and other programmes because of the strike....weird....

Is anyone still watching this? I am. They used Running To Stand Still at the end of last night's episode, it was odd :slant: I don't think the music person knows what it's about.

Balthazar Getty is definitely off the show, this whole Tommy trying to get rid of Holly thing will lead to his departure-according to TV Guide. Matthew Rhys (Kevin) used to date Sienna Miller-so that caused some issues along with some cast members being friends with Getty's wife.

I still watch faithfully. I noted RTSS played on last night's episode which I agree I thought was an odd choice, obviously whoever chose it doesn't know the meaning of the song. Oh well.....I am glad to heat Getty would be off the show simply due to his bad press cheating on his wife so publicly nd the displays he and Sienna Miller have not worried about displaying for the world to see. The sotry line seems it would backfire on anyone what Tommy's character is trying to do anyway.

I was especially happy to see Ken Olin make an appearance last night in front of the camera. I have loved him since Thirtysomething, so it's always a pleasure to see any project he has been involved in, and even more fun is that his projects are usually a family affair with his daughter now an actress and wife Patty Wettig usually not far from his projects.

Too bad that steamy affair didn't work out for Sally Field's character as she seemed truly happy and deservedly so. Why did they have to make the guy married??!!!!!!!

I do love this show tho :up::up::up::heart:

Just watched it. At the end there, I was hearing music & thinking... am I hearing RTSS? And of course I was. :shrug:

Anyone watch the two hour "movie" last night? Rob Lowe still wants to look hot even in the midst of what happened to him-or maybe he just can't help himself. His character is so relentlessly ambitious that it's becoming very annoying, Kitty needs to dump his... :wink:

Yeah, the ambition part is driving me crazy! Is he leaving the show? Just wondering if this is a storyline to get him off the show, or just a storyline. I like him on the show, but I guess we'll see what happens...

Why did they have to make such a big deal out of a special 2 hour presentation of the show? All that anticipation and nobody died...in fact some of the things that happened annoyed me. :doh:

:bump:

Just catching up on Sunday's episode. Anyone else watching? See the "Magnificent" part? :ohmy: Must be a U2 fan on staff in the music dept. there, LOL!

I saw it, that was weird too. Just randomly there with no related context-again.

Looks like Kitty is going to sleep with the park guy :ohmy: Unless it's just a fantasy she's having.

I perked up at the Magnificent part! There's GOT to be a U2 fan on set or in production crew. Kudos!! I think Kitty's park guy is a sweetheart but I wish she'd have a backbone and stick with Robert. UNLESS...this is a storyline in the making for Rob Lowe's exit from the show which I thought was happening with his heart attack. :hmm: I was sorry to see Tommy's departure from the show. I do think the latest "Walker" is really going to get in there and stir things up though and Holly is going to use this to her benefit in her evilness!

Is Rob Lowe leaving the show? And yeah, when he asked her if she was in love with the park guy, and she couldn't answer. WTF? Now she's in love with the guy? :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom