British comedy..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Every time I hear the word "peep" now it reminds me of Russell Brand and Noel Fielding's antics and long-winded explanation of their (wrong) answer "peep scarf" onThe big Fat Quiz Show!

Oh, you're awesome. :up: Ever listened to On The Hour?

Hell yes I have! My uncle (a diehard fan) had all the cassettes... Don't have them anymore, would kill to hear them. I think most of that stuff got used on the day today anyway. I distinctly remember 'Peter O'hanrahanrahan' originating there!

I'm wondering if an Aussie/Kiwi thread is in order... it won't be of as high a quality as this one or the American one, but there's still stuff that's worth 'preciating.

First disc of Spaced came in the mail today. Can't wait to watch this series, then dive right into Lost.

Oi YLB, did you ever get round to this? Thoughts? I think season 2 is an improvement but 1 is still great.

I just found out the Boosh will be making an appearance Fri 24 july at 3.30 at San Diego's Comic Con 2009. If anyone here reads this and is attending, I'd love to hear directly from you...photos, anything!! I'll be in Dublin otherwise I'd find my way to ComicCon. I'd love to get my Book of Boosh autographed!! http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2009/06/bbc-america-brings-david-tennant.html

Oi YLB, did you ever get round to this? Thoughts? I think season 2 is an improvement but 1 is still great.

I did and enjoyed it a bit. I liked it, but it's definitely a series that'll be more rewarding a second time around.

Season 2 was definitely an improvement, mainly because of more Nick Frost.

My main point of contention was with the pop-culture references. Hell, I probably use them too much in my own vernacular and have had to try to trim them down in my own writing. They're put to clever use on this, but nothing more than that, you know?

I was able to love Shaun and Hot Fuzz right away regardless, I think because the characters were more well-defined there than on the series, even if they did the same genre-inversion and referential comedy of this series.

To sum up, I liked it, but didn't love it like I was expecting.

Shaun of the Dead :lol:

Never did get round to seeing Hot Fuzz, was let down by How To Influence though..

Check out Hot Fuzz as soon as possible. Hell, even without Edgar Wright, Paul (written by Pegg & Frost) looks hilarious.

Crazy idea, what if Pegg was in the next Ghostbusters movie?

Anyone see Thin Blue Line? Pretty funny stuff.

And Mrs Slcombe always talking about pussies..

Smut and toilet humour is our national past time :lol:

Black Books - Bill Bailey AND Dermot Moran are a brilliant combination :cute:

Black Adder

Red Dwarf

Father Ted - I love my Brick, feck off cup :lol:

The Young Ones

Not going out - Lee Mack & Tim Vine

Gimme Gimme Gimme

Dad's Army - Don't tell him Pike

Spike Milligan

Catherine Tate's Nan, we all have one of them in our family

I don't understand WHY anyone likes Gervais? He is an up himself ass :doh: