British comedy..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to stick my head on the line a bit. Peep Show is the best British comedy series of all time.

not mentioned yet, the British (ie, the original) version of 'Men Behaving Badly' was very funny.

Fry and Laurie and Men Behaving Badly = nice. Surprised they hadn't been mentioned.

Ricky Gervais is an ass. That dance of his is so overrated now.

:down:

:love:

He's the most overrated British comedian in years/ever/I don't know but I do not value his contribution to the arts. Shame that it's him getting all the laudes from the States rather than someone actually deserving.

First disc of Spaced came in the mail today. Can't wait to watch this series, then dive right into Lost.

He's the most overrated British comedian in years/ever/I don't know but I do not value his contribution to the arts. Shame that it's him getting all the laudes from the States rather than someone actually deserving.

Really? David Brent is just amazing in The Office. Is it too subtle for you perhaps? I don't know a better character on television, British, American or otherwise.

young ones /bottom (anything wioth Rik mayall /Alexi sayle )
the goodies
monty pythons flying circus or any of the movies
faulty towers
black books
black adder
hale and pace
father ted
one foot in the grave
big train
little britain

the office is my fave show ever but i only have love for the US series.

Does anyone else have this book? I can't wait for the Boosh to make it big in the US.

9781847673220.jpg

And Mrs Slcombe always talking about pussies..
:lol:
so true. I always bust out laughing at that show.

some of my favorites:
Absolutely Fabulous
Faulty Towers
Are You Being Served
Keeping Up Appearances
The Office
Coupling
Thin Blue Line
French and Saunders

I know I've forgotten some. Oh my, how I love British comedy :love:

Little Britain is absolutely horrific.

However, I am very partial to -
The Day Today & Brass Eye (the pinacle of British comedy, both perhaps a bit dated now, but nothing can beat it for political satire.)
The Mighty Boosh
Nighty Night (if you don't get dark stuff, don't even bother trying. You'd be deeply offended)
Absolutely Fabulous (absolutely of course)
French & Saunders (earlier stuff, particularly the Titanic sketch)
A Bit of Fry & Laurie (m'colleague. Need I say more?)
Black Books

Hmm, have probably forgotten quite a few but those are the best off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom