Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am really happy my point of reference is not a crappy Star Wars movie

I was thinking of Walt with the bike lock (a restraint) to choke out Krazy 8

1x03_-_Walt_kills_Krazy_8.jpg

they could have had a pole in that club house

Matt Seitz' reading of Walt as this guilt-bound ghost trying to make amends, admitting guilt stood out during the episode. The last two eps as a soul-crushing denouement following the hyper-climax of "Ozymandias" jives well with me right now. Remains to be seen how it'll feel when the show is watched again in its entirety.

Fuck it, I dunno.

Let's talk about Todd's new Lydia ringtone.

Matt Seitz' reading of Walt as this guilt-bound ghost trying to make amends, admitting guilt stood out during the episode. The last two eps as a soul-crushing denouement following the hyper-climax of "Ozymandias" jives well with me right now. Remains to be seen how it'll feel when the show is watched again in its entirety.

Fuck it, I dunno.

That was great. The fact that they can put humor (that actually works, and makes us laugh) in a dark scene like that has always been one of the fun things about Breaking Bad.

a lot of over thinking with this series, (as with Mad Men) and I am not meaning only you, the web reaks of it

how many coffin shots with Jesse?

generally, if a shot is there, it's meant to be there. lots of smart people spend a lot of time composing shots that are intended to work on many different levels.

for example, the dead Walter White came back to haunt ABQ, and he was very intentionally shot like a ghost/apparition -- note the slow zoom in once Skylar hands up the phone and we reveal Walt already standing in the kitchen, as if he's just materialized.

all that is intentional.

Probably unintentional but hey who knows. Breaking Bad has 62 episodes, element 62 is Samarium of which various isotopes of it are used in cancer treatments including lung cancer...

I can't imagine things were planned out that well especially since the first season was effected by the writer's strike, it is a nice coincidence all the same and surely fits the mythos that will be built up around Breaking Bad in the years to come.

Uncle Jack made me laugh a few times because I have a dark sense of humor, but the Marx Brothers reference took the day. Definitely tops She Blinded Me With Science from earlier in the season.

Take a bow, Mrs Garrison, you were one person off, but got all the mechanics right. Skyler instead of Jesse.

Well thank you, it was all sweaty balls and stomach cramps for me, better to spend half of your life dreaming about the other half than to watch it slowly fade away from the epicenter.

No crystal ball here, just rationalizing what seemed the natural course of things, in my twisted mind. I did get a bit closer with the tunes as I posted here the other day in a different thread :sexywink:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/2013-69th-annual-interference-retractable-roof-memorial-nfl-pickem-215968-8.html#post7707784

To me I thought the episode was perfect. I don't know what people would complain about, though notably one of the people objecting the loudest has been here complaining after every single episode. Why even bother watching then....i don't get it?

Anyway - this show will go on and live well beyond its creators. Easily the best, most addictive show ive ever watched.

Easily the best, most addictive show ive ever watched.

When I first started raving about this show, I would always feel compelled to qualify statements I would make such as yours, with the caveat "..outside of The Wire".

I'm not so sure I feel the same any more, and a large part of that is because of how good each show's final seasons were. Now I would simply put them on par. They both had me thoroughly hooked and riveted from start to finish. I had to literally force myself not to watch the marathon this past week, because I knew it would end up the same way I watched The Wire the second time through: non-stop, with very little sleep, food, or contact with the outside world :lol:

I hope Jesse just keeps driving that car really fast and laughing uncontrollably...forever. An everlasting joy ride.

And the final sequence has stuck with me all day, with Baby Blue kicking in and Walt dying in the lab. A beautiful ending.

The point is that he HAD NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE.

Yes he had. He was there just a couple of episodes ago, when he had the meeting with Uncle Jack to put the hit on Jesse. Said something about "make it quick and painless" and shook hands with Jack. I think it was even in the same room.

Anyone care to take a crack at their Breaking Bad Rushmore? It's fucking tough, I shortlisted about 20 episodes, but I'm rolling with One Minute, Salud, Bag's in the River (that scene between Walt and Krazy-8 before Walt murders him has stuck with me) and Granite Slate.

Major apologies to the Pilot, Crazy Handful of Nothin, Grilled, Half/Full Measures, Box Cutter, Crawl Space, End Times, Face Off, Gliding Over All, Ozymandias, Felina, shit, the list is endless.

I was very happy with the last episode, but surely in a week or so everyone will collectively look back at this and wonder how the hell the most critically acclaimed show of the last five years ended with the main character killing Nazis with a robot machine gun. I'll watch the whole series again in a few months.

Interesting that a neo-Nazi would use something sung by a Jew.

Interesting that a neo-Nazi would use something sung by a Jew.

Further proof of how fucking STUPID neo-Nazis are!!

Yes he had. He was there just a couple of episodes ago, when he had the meeting with Uncle Jack to put the hit on Jesse. Said something about "make it quick and painless" and shook hands with Jack. I think it was even in the same room.

Bam!

(Wish I had remembered that..coulda saved myself a few hundred words banged out on an iPhone lol!)

Was it also the same place where Walt first met uncle jack and the gang to talk about the prison hit?

Was it also the same place where Walt first met uncle jack and the gang to talk about the prison hit?

That was a hotel, Walt made a profound comment about the artwork on the walls.

Does Laz feel better about the ending following GAF's reminder? I need to know.

When I first started raving about this show, I would always feel compelled to qualify statements I would make such as yours, with the caveat "..outside of The Wire".

I'm not so sure I feel the same any more, and a large part of that is because of how good each show's final seasons were. Now I would simply put them on par. They both had me thoroughly hooked and riveted from start to finish. I had to literally force myself not to watch the marathon this past week, because I knew it would end up the same way I watched The Wire the second time through: non-stop, with very little sleep, food, or contact with the outside world :lol:

I have seasons 1-4 on DVD and still found myself watching bits and pieces of the marathon. When the dust settles I will get season 5, and then perhaps in a few months I will start watching it all over again from scratch after ive killed a few brain cells and the desire comes creeping back.

The cold open to "Madrigal" should be enough for Michelle MacLaren to make whatever the fuck she wants forever.

Three reasons why season 5 is a legitimately strong season:

1. Lydia
2. Uncle Jack
3. Todd

and 4. Madrigal

the link for todd is actually another picture of lydia. thank you

a few members of the cast were doing radio interviews this week and i heard lydia's real accent. oh my :heart:

Back
Top Bottom