Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, now we know who the ricin is for.

627.jpg

If Shouter wrote for the show, you'd be right on the money.

Oh, it's not that I didn't like it, I didn't even GET THE JOKE according to our Shouty Pop.

When Skylar went into the bedroom and the masked neo nazis were in there, I actually gasped.

That was excruciating.

How they brought it all back to season 1 and as everyone said, the theme song ... just brilliant.

Some moments tonight stretched some credulity, but that's fine.

Silly thing to get so amped over, probably, but I loved the theme coming in at the end of the episode.

I thought that was great, too.

Nice job at the end, bringing in the whole Grey Matter thing in AND the whole "hey, blue meth is still around," so Walt's hubris overrules his better judgement yet again.

or something. I've watched waaaaaay too much TV today, and it has killed many of my brain cells.

thankfully I won't need them to watch the series finale of Dexter. :yawn:

That ending was just perfect! Walt's bitterness about the whole Greymatter stuff is the root of his insecurity. This is where Heisenberg stems from. I'd been thinking about this over the past few weeks, and it was brilliant to see the writers bring the character full circle like that.

Let the longest week of my life commence...

I thought that was great, too.

Nice job at the end, bringing in the whole Grey Matter thing in AND the whole "hey, blue meth is still around," so Walt's hubris overrules his better judgement yet again.

or something. I've watched waaaaaay too much TV today, and it has killed many of my brain cells.

thankfully I won't need them to watch the series finale of Dexter. :yawn:

Dexter's series finale has to be one of the biggest let downs ever.

BOB FUCKING FORSTER!!!

Holy shit that extended sequence with Walt out in the wilderness was brilliant.

And, yes, another huge fan payoff when they decided to ride out with the show's theme playing over the climactic moments. God damn, if you're a fan of this show and that didn't get your blood flowing...fuck you.

Bring on the Felina.

sorry gaf. i know how much she meant to you

Who? Andrea? When have I ever expressed any love for Andrea other than mentioning offhand that she looked hot a couple of weeks ago?

Her death was a very heavy and a very sad moment, but she was probably like 12th on my list of "currently living characters on Breaking Bad that I care about".

Walt's out for Nazi and Grey Matter blood (though the latter is probably a red herring). He's gonna have to kill dozens of people in a little under an hour. I hope they don't spend too much time covering material we already saw in the cold open.

When he saw the interview, he realized that Walter White is already dead. But there is still Heisenberg, and Heisenberg still has work to do, and a legacy to leave behind.

Walt got screwed over with Grey Matters, others took credit for his work and became fantastically rich. He probably doesn't want to be screwed over a second time over his blue meth. The Nazis, Jesse, and maybe Lydia as well are in for a very bad coupla days. Didn't Lydia take something with her tea? It wouldn't be too hard to slip in the contents of a certain cigarette in there :hmm:

Yeah, I rather like the Stevia/ricin idea.

I got no idea how everything's going to tie together in the next episode (and I can't help but admit that I'm a little afraid that it won't), but for some reason I'm expecting Jesse and Brock to live, and I dunno, they'll go off to live in a castle in New Zealand all safe and sadhappy and everything will be okay. Like the end of Rome, sorta.

Didn't Lydia take something with her tea? It wouldn't be too hard to slip in the contents of a certain cigarette in there :hmm:

Good catch. She said "I'll need more Stevia."

Yeah, I rather like the Stevia/ricin idea.

How does this help Walter? He's not going to know how Lydia takes her tea. And the guy with the information, Todd, has no interest in killing her.

Also, a missed opportunity here as I was expecting to see Walt learn of Andrea's death through the stack of Albuquerque papers. I then thought the guilt over being indirectly responsible would lead to his return, instead of some crazed revenge spree.

Unfortunate.

while the odds of him being in a bar and seeing Gretchen and Eliot on the TV are rather improbable, as a motivation for the return to ABQ, i found it rich and brilliant and tied us back to season 1 and when he went to the birthday party and gave Eliot the super lame gift and refused their offer to pay for his treatment.

I don't think the ricin is for himself - isn't that a slow way to die? If he wanted a slow death, he'd just wait for the cancer to get him.

So I guess that was Saul's sendoff? It was effective as an inversion of Walt's glowering "We're not done" from the front half of the season.

Robert Forster was pretty awesome casting.

I didn't expect any tie in to Andrea's death nor would I expect him to care enough for it to cause him to feel enough guilt to do anything really, especially after spitefully telling Jesse that he watched Jane die. I definitely wouldn't buy that any notion of regret over her would lead him to want to return, if we had been presented with that I'd consider that a flaw in the writing, frankly.

He's far more concerned with his own ego and the satisfaction of his twisted notion of self-vindication, and so while it's a bit of a stretch that that interview just happened to be showing on the TV (well, not so much of a stretch, given that he's the subject of a nationwide manhunt and therefore his former connections would in fact likely be sought after by the media), it's certainly not a stretch that being reminded of it yet again would be the spark that gets him on his path to revenge. Certainly well in line with what we know of him, imo.

So I guess that was Saul's sendoff? It was effective as an inversion of Walt's glowering "We're not done" from the front half of the season. Robert Forster was pretty awesome casting.

I'd pay $10,000 to hang out with him for an hour, too.

Todd was fucking terrifying this week. Having a Heisenberg disciple more or less be the one who replaces him speaks toward the same cyclical kingpin lifestyle that Walt envisioned when he had Gus killed. Not a new theory, but one that came into focus a bit after last night.

That scene with Skylar was chilling.

Agreed with those comments. Todd is the absolute anti-Jesse: Jesse is the fuck-up, loser kid with a good heart and a conscious that can't live with the horrible things he's done. Todd is the clean-cut, polite kid, with no heart, totally devoid of emotions and conscious.

Agreed with those comments. Todd is the absolute anti-Jesse: Jesse is the fuck-up, loser kid with a good heart and a conscious that can't live with the horrible things he's done. Todd is the clean-cut, polite kid, with no heart, totally devoid of emotions and conscious.

Todd is exactly who Walter thought he wanted Jesse to be -- cold, ruthless, no mistakes.

And yes, I think all hell will break loose in the finale. I think it will be sad. I think it will be, in some way, poetic. Because 97 percent of the time Breaking Bad is poetic. But I can’t quite let go of “Granite State” just yet. Part of me thinks that the finale, as Walt’s Last Stand, will be in some ways catering to the fans of the show and giving them some kind of epic blowout ending.

What I loved most about “Granite State,” in contrast, is that it was not epic. It was not a finale we’ll talk about forever. It was a penultimate episode that spoke volumes about bad decisions and failed dreams and having everything you ever tried to do turn to shit. Good people making bad decisions ultimately ends with bad people making bad decisions because that’s all they can do. Those are the only options they have left.

'Breaking Bad' Deconstruction, Ep. 15: 'Granite State'

fuck yes. :up:

I know they said the Saul spinoff will be a prequel, but obviously they had to say that whether it is or isn't so not to spoil the remaining Breaking Bad episodes. But I was thinking it would be pretty funny if his new show opens with him managing a Cinnabon. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom