Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then maybe you can answer these questions for me...

1) What was the deal that entitled the goon patrol to Walt's money?
2) And specifically, what did Walt get out of the deal?
3) Why is Todd continuing to cook at all?
4) Specifically what gives you the impression that Todd and the Nazi crew are now independent of each other?

It's hard to know if I'm not explaining myself clearly without knowing what you're not understanding.

Only my thought on #3 here but we know Todd has a Lydia obsession, he wants to please her, badly. We were shown that. Who knows, maybe he's even doing it behind the backs of the rest of them, but he probably saw Jesse as his chance to provide her with the best batch of the blue stuff he can possibly give her.

Only my thought on #3 here but we know Todd has a Lydia obsession, he wants to please her, badly. We were shown that. Who knows, maybe he's even doing it behind the backs of the rest of them, but he probably saw Jesse as his chance to provide her with the best batch of the blue stuff he can possibly give her.

Yes, I agree with this. It's his Lydia obsession. Nazi Jack may have no idea Jesse is like a Dickensian child laborer.

It's interesting you guys see it that way.
I might be completely off my fucking rocker but I saw it the way I saw it.

Not sure I agree with all of what you wrote that led to this, but I see where you are coming from and your questions I have wondered about myself..

Here's my question, and it's not a critique of the show I think I may have simply missed something:

Up until they arrived in the desert, their task was kill Jesse rescue Walt to cook..so here's the thing: even tho they found out about the money, why did they think that the smart thing to do was stealing (dealing) Walts money and letting him go without doing the cook, having Jesse cook what might turn out to be another inferior batch and thus risk Lydia's wrath again..they were even going to kill Jesse still until Todd interevened therefore no cook for Lydia...I mean, do they plan to give some/all of the money to her? I think what she really needs is product, not just one shot of money, right? And now Walt is a loose cannon out there with money to burn..

I mean, the answer could simply be because they're fucking dumb as brick low life Nazis...but have I missed something that has clicked for them ie they plan to cut from Lydia completely? As DMfan says, Todd sure doesn't look like he's cutting from Lydia,.

Maybe I've missed something..

Then maybe you can answer these questions for me...

1) What was the deal that entitled the goon patrol to Walt's money?
2) And specifically, what did Walt get out of the deal?
3) Why is Todd continuing to cook at all?
4) Specifically what gives you the impression that Todd and the Nazi crew are now independent of each other?

It's hard to know if I'm not explaining myself clearly without knowing what you're not understanding.

The deal? Five machine guns against one Walt was the deal. He shook Walt's hand and left him a barrel to make sure everything was cool since all he knows of Walt are the prison murders and Todd's whitewashed adventure stories.

Walt got his life and eleven million.

I have a feeling Todd is cooking because he aspires to be the next Heisenberg, though he could also be doing it for Lydia.

I think if the Nazis intended to keep cooking they would have not let Walt go. Sure Jesse is good but Walt is Walt and they literally had him in cuffs. Their letting him go (and their every intention to kill Jesse until Todd objected) makes it clear to me Todd is doing this on his own, separate from his uncle's crew.

I mean, the answer could simply be because they're fucking dumb as brick low life Nazis

Yeah, Nazis are dumb!

They're stupid!

You tell 'em!

I think if the Nazis intended to keep cooking they would have not let Walt go. Sure Jesse is good but Walt is Walt and they literally had him in cuffs. Their letting him go (and their every intention to kill Jesse until Todd objected) makes it clear to me Todd is doing this on his own, separate from his uncle's crew.

With 70 million dollars, it's hard to believe they'd want to stay in any kind of business.

Not sure I agree with all of what you wrote that led to this, but I see where you are coming from and your questions I have wondered about myself..

Here's my question, and it's not a critique of the show I think I may have simply missed something:

Up until they arrived in the desert, their task was kill Jesse rescue Walt to cook..so here's the thing: even tho they found out about the money, why did they think that the smart thing to do was stealing (dealing) Walts money and letting him go without doing the cook, having Jesse cook what might turn out to be another inferior batch and thus risk Lydia's wrath again..they were even going to kill Jesse still until Todd interevened therefore no cook for Lydia...I mean, do they plan to give some/all of the money to her? I think what she really needs is product, not just one shot of money, right? And now Walt is a loose cannon out there with money to burn..

I mean, the answer could simply be because they're fucking dumb as brick low life Nazis...but have I missed something that has clicked for them ie they plan to cut from Lydia completely? As DMfan says, Todd sure doesn't look like he's cutting from Lydia,.

Maybe I've missed something..

I don't think they give one crap about Lydia's wrath. At least he didn't in the scene where she was freaking out over it. He even seemed to think it was funny. He was totally fine with the quality they did have. Todd on the other hand does care and I can believe that he really wants to make it better for her. Jesse was his free ticket to pleasing her. And uncle Jack seems to like little nephew Todd enough to let him have things he wants (especially since Todd only said he was going to get info and didn't mention cooking, which is why I still think Todd is doing that on the side.) Taking the money and running (leaving Walt with no cooking) would not have been the smartest decision if things had gone according to plan, but after unexpectedly killing 2 DEA agents out there it became what they must have thought was the next best option.

I wonder if Hank and Gomie's unmarked grave will ever be found, or if Marie can't even lay her husband to rest on top if everything else. There's the lottery ticket but only Walt knows that.

I'd also expect the Nazis to be skipping town and living the sweet life on that $70 mil. Jack must know they'll never make a bigger score than that, especially as they've just murdered two DEA agents.

Planning on watching the finale with some friends while I'm back in town too, will be a first! Am expecting some group therapy will be in order.

I'm curious to see how much time elapses in the next episode. Weeks, months, even a year? Jesse is able to cook the famous Heisenberg blue, and if Walt notices that his product is on the market again, it'll probably alert him to the fact that Todd lied to him about killing Jesse. Ergo, Todd's fucked. Never lie to Walt. Never.

0SpkLlG.gif

Is there like, some forward time shifting thingy that we can hop on and view the next episode NOW? Like, are they sitting down with popcorn right now in Kathmandu? Watching the credits and sneaks for next week in Seoul?

Tonight can't come soon enough.. :crack:

They would probably need to open a car wash at least.

:lmao:

Is there like, some forward time shifting thingy that we can hop on and view the next episode NOW? Like, are they sitting down with popcorn right now in Kathmandu? Watching the credits and sneaks for next week in Seoul?

Tonight can't come soon enough.. :crack:

No. You are going to have to suffer through the next 9 hours along with the rest of us.

Silly thing to get so amped over, probably, but I loved the theme coming in at the end of the episode.

A.O. Scott's analysis, quoted earlier on in the thread by Irvine, on how Walt found his inner sociopath, really rang in my head in that final scene while Walt watches the interview.

This show takes us for such a ride. You start to feel like you have to fight the empathy for Walt almost, but then scenes like the one of Jesse having to witness what he did, or of Jr on the phone with Walt, jar you back to the brutal reality of just who you almost started rooting for.

What an epic masterpiece of television.

Not like any of us were watching, but I just checked and Gunn won an Emmy tonight.

Back
Top Bottom