Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just meant it as a game, not as a wish for how the series ends.

Ah gotcha. I've seen so much prosthelytizing about how evil people who want Walt to come out ahead (#TeamWalt) are lately, so it's kinda on my brain.

No one has mentioned Holly, presumably because no one thinks Gilligan would have the balls to kill a baby.

But I'd laugh my ass off if he proved everyone wrong.

No one has mentioned Holly, presumably because no one thinks Gilligan would have the balls to kill a baby.

But I'd laugh my ass off if he proved everyone wrong.

It is one of my predictions

Jesse sneaks into where ever Walt's family is staying, see's Holly choking on her own baby spit up, he lets her choke out and then texts the pic to Walt

If the Nazis were still in the meth game, why would they let Walt walk?

This is the way I've interpreted it...

I would say the 'payment' (stealing) of the money took the place of Walt having to cook one last time for them, as far as Uncle Himmler was concerned. And even that concession, along with the one token barrel of money, was something that Walt was simply supposed to swallow in this deal. Walt, at this point, is of no value to them and I'm sure he knew it.

Otherwise, what did Walt get out of the deal? Hank was killed. Jesse is still alive. His money was taken from him regardless. Walt almost had none of his money at all if not for Todd. And for what in return?

They were already coming to his rescue before they knew about all those millions buried in the dirt. So it's not like saving his ass was part of the deal. Although maybe that's one more concession for stealing his money. "We're just gonna take this money and call it even, huh pal?", and at that point I think Walt was smart enough not to try to argue or fight back. And these goons have now got Jesse as their new cook.

Uncle Jack and his crew have never been stupid, Lydia has never been stupid, the main person that has been stupid is Jesse.

Lydia is probably the most cold-blooded character on the show. I don't think she has ever acted out of anything other than pure self-interest. Walt, Gus and even Jack have demonstrated allusions of "nobility". If it had been Lydia's crew digging up Walt's money, she woulda left Walt in a shallow grave with a bullet in his head.

I'll be honest I don't see them giving Lydia much more screen time. She's annoying as hell and I'm not really all that turned on by her (sorry GAFer). I will probably end up being wrong but to me there are far more compelling stories to be told to close this out. She's part of the overall thing, yeah, but not in any way nearly as much as Gus was, imo.

This is the way I've interpreted it...

I would say the 'payment' (stealing) of the money took the place of Walt having to cook one last time for them, as far as Uncle Himmler was concerned. And even that concession, along with the one token barrel of money, was something that Walt was simply supposed to swallow in this deal. Walt, at this point, is of no value to them and I'm sure he knew it.

Otherwise, what did Walt get out of the deal? Hank was killed. Jesse is still alive. His money was taken from him regardless. Walt almost had none of his money at all if not for Todd. And for what in return?

They were already coming to his rescue before they knew about all those millions buried in the dirt. So it's not like saving his ass was part of the deal. Although maybe that's one more concession for stealing his money. "We're just gonna take this money and call it even, huh pal?", and at that point I think Walt was smart enough not to try to argue or fight back. And these goons have now got Jesse as their new cook.

You've lost me here.

Um, personally executing 2 federal agents isn't stupid?

It's the height of stupidity, stereotypically the sortof thing a dumbass inbred white supremacist hick who tattoos swastikas on his neck, would do.

It's so incredibly stupid, it's laughable.

Are you suggesting they should have let Hank go? That would have been pretty stupid.

Are you suggesting they should have let Hank go? That would have been pretty stupid.

It would have been stupid, yes. And it wouldn't have really satisfied the 'needs', if you will, of plot/story continuity and all that jazz..

But it would be the lesser of two stupids, in terms of choices a moronic criminal can make.

Whereas he may have gotten "off" with a prison term, he is now surely going to die.

That's pretty much the way it works, on screen and in real life.

Getting Dean Norris to read it while on your toilet should be an option.

Speaking of leaps, Bill Simmons pointed this out: what guest uses a master bathroom? Not cool, Hank. Suspension of disbelief destroyed.

Tough call: if you have a rough #2 to unload, best to do it far away from the action so the next guest doesn't "inherit the wind", so to speak.

Tough call: if you have a rough #2 to unload, best to do it far away from the action so the next guest doesn't "inherit the wind", so to speak.

agreed. i think it's a 2 bath house with one in the master, and the other adjacent to the kitchen. best to keep it in the back, especially while people are eating.

You've lost me here.

Then maybe you can answer these questions for me...

1) What was the deal that entitled the goon patrol to Walt's money?
2) And specifically, what did Walt get out of the deal?
3) Why is Todd continuing to cook at all?
4) Specifically what gives you the impression that Todd and the Nazi crew are now independent of each other?

It's hard to know if I'm not explaining myself clearly without knowing what you're not understanding.

Back
Top Bottom