Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, anyone else disappointed that this season contained no Gus flashbacks? There's still 150 minutes to go, but I can't see how it would fit. Gus was such a good character and Giancarlo Esposito himself said that he expected to play a role in some flashbacks, I'm pretty sure. It's not really relevant to the plot anymore but I thought it would have been cool to see.

There will be 25 minutes of Bogdan flashbacks as bonus material on the complete series blu set.

Dead: all of them, except Saul.

In fact...wait for it...

THEY'VE BEEN DEAD ALL ALONG, GUYS!!11!1!

tumblr_inline_mo94a32ccO1qz4rgp.gif

:mac:

yeah, i'm going with apocalyptic.

i think the Nazis kill the White family. Walter kills the Nazis. Jesse kills Todd. Walter ricins Lydia. Walter kills Jesse. Cancer kills Walt.

i really hope this doesn't happen though.

what i want is redemption for Walt where he kills the Nazis and rescues Jesse and then he can die of cancer with dignity.

but he's beyond dignity at this point.

yeah, i'm going with apocalyptic.

i think the Nazis kill the White family. Walter kills the Nazis. Jesse kills Todd. Walter ricins Lydia. Walter kills Jesse. Cancer kills Walt.

i really hope this doesn't happen though.

what i want is redemption for Walt where he kills the Nazis and rescues Jesse and then he can die of cancer with dignity.

but he's beyond dignity at this point.

I agree with all of this, something terrible has to happen for Walt to return with a trunk full of machine gun and to get the ricin. I can't see him rescuing Jesse at this point, especially after the Jane admission so it has to be for revenge and I don't think Hank's death warrants this so I'm going with a White family masacre.

What motivation do the Nazis have for killing Walter's family? Uncle Jack made a deal.

that they know about Hank and Gomie?

i felt like i saw something in next week's preview where Saul was warning Walter about them coming for the family and Skylar was smoking a cigarette on the couch and looking out the window. which means she's nervous.

i hope i'm wrong.

The Nazis are out of the game. They let Walt go. They have their money and didn't take a meth cook. Only Todd kept Jesse.

That said, they know about the confession tape of Jesse's sitting in the Schrader house.

Walt promised to give the money to them if Uncle spared Hank.
Walt, supposedly Mr. Greedy and Vengeful.

Then Uncle goes ahead and kills Hank, takes the money and is only talked into 'making it square' (oh, how nice of him) because Todd respects Walt. Walt, the big kingpin Heisenberg is being handed his hat by this thug that just killed Hank. Hank, who apparently Walt cared so much about as he sat there and sobbed like a baby. So not only is he likely pissed about his money being stolen from him, he's also pissed that these guys killed Hank.

To me it's clear Walt is going after the rest of his money. It makes total dramatic sense. Because that is what will lead him into the Jessie ordeal.

We know that he'll likely be after Jessie once he finds out that Jessie is alive and working for those guys. Jessie is now extremely important to those Nazi fucks. And who is going to stand in Walt's way? Those Nazi fucks. You can say that Todd kept Jessie, but what difference does that make? As if his uncle and crew aren't going to be protecting that 'Jessie investment'?

That's how the Nazis are not out of the game and can be (if they are) sucked into going after Walt's family. Very easily.

From a phone booth in Vegas, Jesse calls at 5 A.M.
To tell me how he's tired of all of them
He says, "Mr. White I've been thinking about a trailer by the sea
We could go to Mexico, you, Skylar, and me
We'll drink Tequila and look for sea shells,
Now doesn't that sound sweet?"
Ah Jesse you always do this every time I get back on my feet

Jesse paint your pictures about how it's gonna be
By now I should know better, your dreams are never free
But tell me all about our little trailer by the sea
Jesse you can always sell any dream to me
Oh Jesse, you can always sell any dream to me

Walt promised to give the money to them if Uncle spared Hank.
Walt, supposedly Mr. Greedy and Vengeful.

Then Uncle goes ahead and kills Hank, takes the money and is only talked into 'making it square' (oh, how nice of him) because Todd respects Walt. Walt, the big kingpin Heisenberg is being handed his hat by this thug that just killed Hank. Hank, who apparently Walt cared so much about as he sat there and sobbed like a baby. So not only is he likely pissed about his money being stolen from him, he's also pissed that these guys killed Hank.

To me it's clear Walt is going after the rest of his money. It makes total dramatic sense. Because that is what will lead him into the Jessie ordeal.

We know that he'll likely be after Jessie once he finds out that Jessie is alive and working for those guys. Jessie is now extremely important to those Nazi fucks. And who is going to stand in Walt's way? Those Nazi fucks. You can say that Todd kept Jessie, but what difference does that make? As if his uncle and crew aren't going to be protecting that 'Jessie investment'?

That's how the Nazis are not out of the game and can be (if they are) sucked into going after Walt's family. Very easily.
If the Nazis were still in the meth game, why would they let Walt walk?

But lately something's changed
it aint hard to define
Jesse's not a fucking girl
and Todd's gonna make him die

From a phone booth in Vegas, Jesse calls at 5 A.M.
To tell me how he's tired of all of them
He says, "Mr. White I've been thinking about a trailer by the sea
We could go to Mexico, you, Skylar, and me
We'll drink Tequila and look for sea shells,
Now doesn't that sound sweet?"
Ah Jesse you always do this every time I get back on my feet

Jesse paint your pictures about how it's gonna be
By now I should know better, your dreams are never free
But tell me all about our little trailer by the sea
Jesse you can always sell any dream to me
Oh Jesse, you can always sell any dream to me

Glorious.

How many are Team Jesse and how many are Team Walt?

As in, if it came down to a death match, who do you want to win?

There may have been a Team Walt and a Team Hank

Walt had a plan, and Jesse was a (small) part of it.

Jesse is and has always been pretty worthless, all he does is get people killed.

He has no plan, he never had a plan.

The best thing he could do would be to take that cable Todd put on him and hank himself in Todd's meth lab. Maybe cut his finger and write 'you lose'.

How many are Team Jesse and how many are Team Walt?

As in, if it came down to a death match, who do you want to win?

Jesse. He's become the moral compass of the show. Both he and Walt have done bad things. Jesse feels near-paralyzing guilt about those things, to the point where he can barely function. Walt refuses to feel guilt about most of it and instead endlessly rationalizes, both to himself and anyone else who will listen, everything he's done.

I find myself not giving a shit who "wins." It's fiction. I just want a good story.

I find myself not giving a shit who "wins." It's fiction. I just want a good story.

I just meant it as a game, not as a wish for how the series ends.

I've found in my discussions with people IRL that Jesse is polarizing. So I was curious.

Back
Top Bottom