Originally Posted by deep View Post
Jesse is worse than cancer.
Quote:
Quote:
We just found the all-time greatest quote to sum up reading deep's posts. Shut it down, everyone.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #767
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:02 AM
They're doing this marathon on AMC, and we're on the second half of Season 2. I am still so fond of this stretch of episodes. It's when I really fell hard for the show.

Jesse/Jane, the pink teddy bear teasers, the introduction of Gus, 4 Days Out, DLZ, etc.

Love it.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #768
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I had a friend who was really into drugs back in the day, pot, coke, & then meth. He tried to hide it from us because he was really embarrassed and he knew we wouldn't approve. When he found out that I was a psychotic hitman he no longer felt ashamed of his addiction.

More than once, id accompany him to a late night afterparty on the wrong side of town. He knew some of the people there, nobody knew me. When a guy would ask him "yo, who's this", he'd always tell them im cool. They'd ask me my name, id say, "im special agent Garrison with the DEA".

Talk about watching people shit their pants. Good thing im a quick draw....
Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #769
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
deep, I'm starting to get the impression that you're not very fond of Jesse.
I like Aaron Paul the actor a lot, but the Jesse Pinkman character was a throw away character. They introduced him as a worthless piece of shit in season one and he has remained true to that, the writers have been consistent. One of his first on screen scenes is as a 19 year old meth addict in a run down motel bangin' a crack whore. He never amounted to anything any better than that.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #770
Blue Crack Supplier

You know who else are worthless pieces of shit?

Nazis!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #771
Refugee

Local Time: 01:02 PM
The one thing that has bothered me in an otherwise stellar second half of the last season has been Flynn's reaction to finding out his dad's a meth kingpin. I get that he'd be angry/hurt/confused, but slamming the proverbial door completely shut in the face of the man he's worshipped his entire life, the ideal he's always looked upto, the father who's literally dying of cancer....?

In the words of Gob Bluth, come on!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #772
Blue Crack Addict

He found out in the same conversation that his Uncle Hank was murdered in relationship to it or by Walt.

I'm watching Phoenix, the episode where Jane dies. How anyone can lay that off on Walt is just ridiculous. It is all on Jesse.
This episode is one of the best. The scene with Walt and Jane's father in the bar, Charlie Daniels on the jukebox. pure gold.

ok, edit to add, having just watched the last scene Walt inadvertently contributed to Jane's death. If he never went to Jesse's that night to try and help Jesse, Jane might have lived through the night. They were both laying on their sides, Walt shook Jesse to wake him, and that made Jane roll over on her back.
Still, when Jesse told her everything about Walt, where he worked, had a brother-in-law that is DEA and she blackmailed Walt there was no reason save her.

And yes, season 5 pales in relationship to earlier seasons.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #773
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarenotimmune View Post
The one thing that has bothered me in an otherwise stellar second half of the last season has been Flynn's reaction to finding out his dad's a meth kingpin. I get that he'd be angry/hurt/confused, but slamming the proverbial door completely shut in the face of the man he's worshipped his entire life, the ideal he's always looked upto, the father who's literally dying of cancer....?

In the words of Gob Bluth, come on!
Hank was also a man that Walter Jr. idolized and looked up to. And Walter Jr. blames his dad for Hank's death. I would say that's one of the many reasons why he acted the way he did on the phone last episode.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #774
Refugee

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

Hank was also a man that Walter Jr. idolized and looked up to. And Walter Jr. blames his dad for Hank's death. I would say that's one of the many reasons why he acted the way he did on the phone last episode.
Yea Hank's death does give some credence to Flynn's behavior towards Walt. But the fact still remains that he knows Walt's dying. That just makes me question the believability of how he wants nothing to do with his father anymore.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #775
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
He found out in the same conversation that his Uncle Hank was murdered in relationship to it or by Walt. I'm watching Phoenix, the episode where Jane dies. How anyone can lay that off on Walt is just ridiculous. It is all on Jesse. This episode is one of the best. The scene with Walt and Jane's father in the bar, Charlie Daniels on the jukebox. pure gold. ok, edit to add, having just watched the last scene Walt inadvertently contributed to Jane's death. If he never went to Jesse's that night to try and help Jesse, Jane might have lived through the night. They were both laying on their sides, Walt shook Jesse to wake him, and that made Jane roll over on her back. Still, when Jesse told her everything about Walt, where he worked, had a brother-in-law that is DEA and she blackmailed Walt there was no reason save her. And yes, season 5 pales in relationship to earlier seasons.

I agree that it's a superb, devastating episode. Especially when paralleled with the birth of Holly and the placement of the towel in the baby's crib. Gut wrenching fathers and daughters stuff.

But I think S5, especially the 2nd half, is as good as it's ever been, especially given the enormous expectations placed on the show at this point in its run.

My favorites are still the final 4 episodes of S4.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #776
45:33

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youarenotimmune View Post

Yea Hank's death does give some credence to Flynn's behavior towards Walt. But the fact still remains that he knows Walt's dying. That just makes me question the believability of how he wants nothing to do with his father anymore.
Really?

His dad is a meth kingpin, indirectly and directly responsible for the deaths of probably a few hundred people.

Pretty sure if that was my dad I'd react the same way.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #777
Blue Crack Addict

Still checking in on the marathon. Holy hell, the Season 3 Skyler/Ted story arc was a HUGE drag.

The show is still phenomenal here, of course, but I think if I had to name one I would say that this is my least favorite season.

I did get to revisit the episode where Jesse keeps dialing Jane's phone over and over just to hear her voice mail message. That always stuck with me. So simple, and so powerful. At least to me.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #778
The Male

Season 3 is one of the weaker seasons, a lot of bland stuff resides in the middle, but THOSE LAST TWO EPISODES. Both would be in my top 5.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #779
45:33

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Season 3 is one of the weaker seasons, a lot of bland stuff resides in the middle, but THOSE LAST TWO EPISODES. Both would be in my top 5.
Sunset and One Minute are pretty much the two middle episodes of that season...
Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #780
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Sunset and One Minute are pretty much the two middle episodes of that season...
Late-middle, like episodes 8-10 (Fly is a great idea but I find the execution a bit grating). There were great moments that season but also some patches that I didn't really care for. Like GAF said, Skyler's shit was an unnecessary distraction, and depressed Jesse was kind of a drag after a while.

In contrast, season 4 is a undeterred one-way trip to Crazytown and I love it. We have the fairly traumatizing season 3 finale to thank for that.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote