http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #617
Refugee

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Finally watched the latest ep (but Venice was lovely). I felt physically ill for a short while afterwards, it was such a visceral watch. The only things I can add from the past 7 pages of discussion are:

* From Hank's death onward, I admired how most of the events in the episode felt like they were inevitable. There was no way Hank and Gomey were getting out if there alive, Hank acknowledged as much before his end. Doesn't make it any less painful to watch though, same as when Walt is confronted with the reality of what he's done and caused.

* Ironic that the final straw for Skyler was something that Walt didn't actually do and she believed him to be lying when he wasn't. Sure, Walt's actions led to Hank's death, but this is something he actively tried to prevent at the time. Unlike Jane.

* Todd is scary, smart and fucked up Jesse real good. At least Uncle Jack will just end you quick.

* Two episodes to go and I'm wondering when we're going to skip forward to Mr Lambert buying a machine gun. Could well be a montage, but as for what that and the ricin are for I'm happy just to sit back and watch.

* My main complaint this half season has been the use of fake cliffhangers. We knew Jesse wouldn't burn down the house and the result of the shoot out was a foregone conclusion. Surely the writers must have faith that we're all going to tune in next week regardless of how each episode ends?

* But I'm so satisfied with this show. I'm not at all worried that it won't end perfectly and it's a pleasure to just watch it come to a close. Of course, there's still time for it to fail at the very end and leave me with egg on my face, but I have 100% faith in the team.

* Anyone looking for a new show after this should watch The Shield. Probably the best companion show in terms of tone and tension and it ends perfectly. I watched the final season in February and it still haunts me.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #618
The Fly

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #619
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
Finally watched the latest ep (but Venice was lovely). I felt physically ill for a short while afterwards, it was such a visceral watch. The only things I can add from the past 7 pages of discussion are:

* From Hank's death onward, I admired how most of the events in the episode felt like they were inevitable. There was no way Hank and Gomey were getting out if there alive, Hank acknowledged as much before his end. Doesn't make it any less painful to watch though, same as when Walt is confronted with the reality of what he's done and caused.

* Ironic that the final straw for Skyler was something that Walt didn't actually do and she believed him to be lying when he wasn't. Sure, Walt's actions led to Hank's death, but this is something he actively tried to prevent at the time. Unlike Jane.

* Todd is scary, smart and fucked up Jesse real good. At least Uncle Jack will just end you quick.

* Two episodes to go and I'm wondering when we're going to skip forward to Mr Lambert buying a machine gun. Could well be a montage, but as for what that and the ricin are for I'm happy just to sit back and watch.

* My main complaint this half season has been the use of fake cliffhangers. We knew Jesse wouldn't burn down the house and the result of the shoot out was a foregone conclusion. Surely the writers must have faith that we're all going to tune in next week regardless of how each episode ends?

* But I'm so satisfied with this show. I'm not at all worried that it won't end perfectly and it's a pleasure to just watch it come to a close. Of course, there's still time for it to fail at the very end and leave me with egg on my face, but I have 100% faith in the team.

* Anyone looking for a new show after this should watch The Shield. Probably the best companion show in terms of tone and tension and it ends perfectly. I watched the final season in February and it still haunts me.
well said.

I have a few coworkers who recently admitted they have just started watching Breaking Bad, another coworker and myself are pleading with them to stop watching the current episodes and wait till its all over and then watch it from the very beginning. Imagine if you had never seen the show before and just started watching this summer, it would be ruined for you!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #620
Refugee

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post

well said.

I have a few coworkers who recently admitted they have just started watching Breaking Bad, another coworker and myself are pleading with them to stop watching the current episodes and wait till its all over and then watch it from the very beginning. Imagine if you had never seen the show before and just started watching this summer, it would be ruined for you!
The best thing about long form serialised TV like this is the character development history they can build up. I can't imagine watching these last few episodes, exciting as they may be with shoot outs and people getting mad, without an emotional connection to each characters outcome.

There's more important things in life than a TV show, but why ruin one this good? This isn't CSI.

One of the best scenes this year was Jesse figuring out the ricin / Brock ruse. Incredible acting without saying a word, but totally lost on a newcomer. Glad I rewatched the series beforehand though, it was still fresh in my mind or else I might have beenost too until he assaulted Saul. (S'all good, man. Not anymore!)

Also, props to who singled out Anna Gunn for this season. Wow.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:15 PM
I guess I'm watching The Shield next then.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #622
I hate this place

Local Time: 10:15 AM
freaking LOVED the shield. enjoy!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Last two eps are apparently 75mins (including commercials)
Old 09-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #624
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Speaking of unresolved plot threads, whatever happened to Hank's mineral collection?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #625
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Or his homebrewing operation?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #626
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

It was a simpler time.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #627
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:15 PM
Jesse burning down the house would have wrapped up the rot storyline nicely.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #628
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Should we do a some predictions for fun? List the characters who you think are going to live*, and then list the characters who die along with who kills them?

You'd get one point for each correct guess.

*Walt having terminal cancer at the end of the finale would still count as him being alive.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #629
Blue Crack Addict

Dead: Walt, Lydia, Uncle Jack, Todd

Alive: Jesse, Skyler, Saul, Walter Jr., Marie

Walt kills Lydia and Nazis.

Jesse kills Walt.

It's funny...not much more than a year ago, who the fuck would have thought that Nazis would play such a huge part in the ending of this show? Fucking weird, man.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #630
45:33

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Dead - Nazis, Todd

Alive - Walt, Jesse, Skylar, Flynn, Marie, Saul, Lydia

Walt leaves a grieving family behind, kills the Nazis, saving Jesse in the progress. Jesse kills Todd. Mr Lambert ekes out a miserable existence, just another sad old man, all alone and dying of cancer.

Sincerely doubt it'll go down that way, though.