Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt. - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #466
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
The way to end the episode, IMO, was to kill Hank. If you're going to do it, you do it right there where all the emotion resonates and punctuates. You don't cock-tease killing a main character like that. And then what happens in the first few scenes of the next episode? Hank is killed and they spend the rest of the episode deflating the momentum of that action? Nah.
I've seen some suggestions online that they might not go back to the gunfight right away at the start of the next episode. It'd be interesting to see how they'd resolve it later on if that were indeed the case.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
They killed Gus and Mike and Gale and...probably anyone else (major characters) in the final frames of the episode. Hank lives.
Gus was killed in the middle third of the season four finale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
I was wondering if Hank had managed to get a wiretap and record Walt's confessions to Jesse on his drive over. Probably not by the look of it, seems moot at this point.
He had to have, otherwise he has no basis for arresting him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
For what? to O D the next day or get Jesse killed?

Jesse took her off the straight and narrow, sober life she was on and they were out of control.
The way they were going they would have got everybody put in jail or killed. That is where Jesse did end up taking this whole thing. Most of the deaths lead back to Jesse's selfish, reckless behavior. And Walt's poor choice of protecting him.
HEY GUYS DEEP REALLY WANTS YOU TO KNOW HE HATES JESSE

Old 09-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Stunning ending. I do hope that Hank makes it out of this showdown, but that seems a bit unlikely at this point. Nazis. I hate these guys.

The shot of Jesse cracking the car door open seems to point to him making an escape from the firefight. I personally would love to see Walt and Jesse forced to join up out on the run together, somehow. But that's just my sentimental side. One final Walt + Jesse as a team episode would do me so good.

Walt Jr. starstruck meeting Saul was perfect.

"Don't drink and drive. But if you do, call me."
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #469
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I've given up predicting what'll happen to any character on this show. Watch a bullet in the desert ricochet and nail Walter Jr. in the head. Who knows what'll happen at this point?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:51 PM
The last 10 minutes of this week's episode were the most tense of any show/film/whatever that's been produced in years. All other genre filmmaking kneels before B.B. Complaints of transparent plotiness BE DAMNED.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #471
Blue Crack Supplier

I think this episode joins "one minute" "half measures" "crawl space" and "face/off" as Top Tier BB episodes.

Rian Johnson directs next week!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #472
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I think this episode joins "one minute" "half measures" "crawl space" and "face/off" as Top Tier BB episodes.

Rian Johnson directs next week!
Fifty-One's another all-timer for me. Johnson's a crafty filmmaker, but I chalk that episode down as his best work.

Also:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...me-on-the-show
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #473
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:51 AM
A shame everyone is so amped up by cliche Hollywood action that they overlook supposed genius Walter White falling hook, line, and sinker for a plan hatched by the usual two-steps-behind Hank.

Whatever. I'll be watching the last three episodes robotically, because it's hard for me to give a shit about these cartoon puppets anymore.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #474
Blue Crack Supplier

Thanks, Anu.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #475
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
A shame everyone is so amped up by cliche Hollywood action that they overlook supposed genius Walter White falling hook, line, and sinker for a plan hatched by the usual two-steps-behind Hank.

Whatever. I'll be watching the last three episodes robotically, because it's hard for me to give a shit about these cartoon puppets anymore.
Or maybe Walt's hubris is coming out more frequently since he's abandoned his Heisenberg personality? It was Jesse's plan to shake out Walt with the barrel trick. Hank's a blustery tool, but a ruthless detective.

Matt Seitz' reading of the series operating within a comic book realism, rooted in pulp/noir/outlaw archetypes, to me speaks toward the show's daring foundation.

I may be harping on this point, but the compression of time, coupled with Walt's personal disintegration, points toward a highly emotional and complex core that emerges from its narrative effiency.

Also, Marie's gone from a harpy, klepto sister whose best moment was Skyler telling her to shit up psychopathically to borderline stoic, morally upright voice of reason. And it makes dramatic sense.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #476
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
One of the crucial aspects of the show is how very intelligent people act unreasonably, hatefully and stupidly (Gus in season 4 finale also comes to mind) despite their common senses. A genius can make horrid mistakes in moments of panic and stress, especially if one thinks he has the high ground over his foes, as Gus did in season 4 and as Walt has now. It is very naive to consider the main character to be a constant source of flawless genius who will be two steps in front of the less intelligent adversary.

We can talk about convenient plotting - I have chosen to ignore that certain aspect, but if there is something these writers do well, it is to make brilliant men flawed and prone to mistakes that are very believable in the context of the situation. What happened in this episode was no exception.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #477
The Male

Walt is a greedy son of a bitch and Hank hit him where it hurts. Walt lost his head and the rest is history.

If Hank had pretended to kidnap Saul and Walt had gone ballistic like that, it wouldn't have been in character. But this season has shown us what Walt truly loves and cares about.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #478
Blue Crack Supplier

Falling for the setup is one thing. Blathering on and on and listing all his worst crimes over the phone in blunt, clear language with names ("...when I killed Gus...", "when I poisoned Brock...", "when I ran over those gangbangers") is beyond believability for me. It rang totally false.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #479
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:51 PM
What he says in the context of the plot is irrelevant. They wouldn't be able to use any of it, plus there's a very slim chance Hank will even have the Hello Kitty phone in the next episode. It's all about the character and his sudden explosion of anger, fear and his superiority complex symptoms (he calls Jesse stupid again, which is very ironic this time around) coming to the surface, all in an act of desperation since they have managed to find his ultimate Achilles heel - greed. And pride.

Basically, once you dig the asshole out, there is no end to him digging himself an even bigger hole afterwards.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Dear Lord.