Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt. - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #451
Refugee

Local Time: 01:55 PM
Unbelievably, Walt is actually starting to earn my sympathy again. When he called off the neo-Nazi goons after seeing Hank, then allowed himself to be cuffed like a man utterly defeated...well, I felt sorry for the asshole. I think we'll see two ruptured relationships reforge (Marie and Skylar trying to figure out what happened to their husbands, and Jesse and Walt trying to escape Todd's wacko clan).

Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:25 AM
That was the cruelest fucking ending. Christ. THIS FUCKING SHOW.

God, I always end up rewatching the new episode at some point, but this is the first time I've wanted to start it again straight away. Wish I didn't have to sleep. I'll be surprised if Hank and Gomie aren't buried on the rez.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #453
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
I really wonder now if Hank is indeed doomed. For the last 5 minutes, and especially during that phone call, I was literally saying to myself "Oh shit, Hank is gone". But to finish the episode at that point, in the middle of a stand-off - I will find it interesting if they do decide to do a send-off of such a huge character at the opening of the episode and not in the end. Vince Gilligan always keeps me guessing.

I went to bed miserable and woke up irritated because it seems that Hank and Gomie are, indeed, goners. But you're right, not seeing their death was curious, especially since we were being primed for it in a big way, especially with Hank's phone call to Marie, which felt very un-BB ... I kept thinking "bullet to the chest! Bullet to the chest!" when he was talking, yet it never came. So, maybe something happens? Like, BB loves to subvert our expectations so ... Maybe?

Probably not.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #454
I hate this place

Local Time: 11:55 AM
I thought hank was going to get shot while he was on the phone with Marie and they were going to fade out with Marie screaming and hearing the gunshots over the phone

So next week, do we actually see the end of this stand off, it is just assumed they are dead and we pick up with Walt cooking for the neo nazis?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Andrea looked better than ever.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

My assumption is that Hank and Gomie are dead. I think they ended it that way to raise the question in the viewer's minds about Jessie's survival.

I can't think of any reasonable way for the Hank and Gomez to survive that doesn't depart significantly from BB's standards of writing excellence.

3 to go people. 3 to go.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I can't imagine the gunfight resolving itself plausibly/satisfyingly in any manner that wouldn't have been better contained in that episode.

Outside of that, it was another great episode.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I can't think of any reasonable way for the Hank and Gomez to survive that doesn't depart significantly from BB's standards of writing excellence.
JMO.

I think the only reason they left it as a cliffhanger was for the dramatic effect of just that. Leading the viewers to think they are toast. Sure, Gomie is likely done, but I doubt Hank is killed. Just like we were supposed to believe Jessie was toast after pouring that gas in Walt's house (because we knew - from the flashforward - that he didn't succeed).

In other words, I would bet Hank survives.

The way to end the episode, IMO, was to kill Hank. If you're going to do it, you do it right there where all the emotion resonates and punctuates. You don't cock-tease killing a main character like that. And then what happens in the first few scenes of the next episode? Hank is killed and they spend the rest of the episode deflating the momentum of that action? Nah.

They killed Gus and Mike and Gale and...probably anyone else (major characters) in the final frames of the episode. Hank lives.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #459
Refugee

Local Time: 06:55 PM
I was wondering if Hank had managed to get a wiretap and record Walt's confessions to Jesse on his drive over. Probably not by the look of it, seems moot at this point.

Count me in for Hank surviving this situation though. Surely they'll give him a better send off than that.

I'm going to be in Venice from Thursday to Tuesday, meaning I'll have to wait an extra TWO DAYS to see how this resolves. Argh, 1st world problems.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #460
Blue Crack Supplier

i keep going back and forth on Hank.

the phone call and it's too-muchness indicates to me that another card will be played, and he'll survive.

Marie looking in the trash and seeing brains seems like a visual indication that Hank is about to get one in the head Tony Soprano-style. (yes, that is what happened, Members Only guy went to the bathroom and got a gun).

speaking of The Sopranos, my hope for the final 3 episodes is that it doesn't get miserable. i felt like the end of The Sopranos, particularly after the death of Adriana, was too dark, too miserable, too much about suffering. it was unpleasant. i don't need to be told how awful life can be or to meditate on the darkness in men's souls. what i do need is an immensely entertaining resolution to this crackerjack story. i'm fine with punishments meted out, with just deserts, with karmic justice, and with fire and destruction as we move towards the apocalypse. just make it thrilling, and keep it contained to these characters. no ponderousness, no pretentiousness. keep it scalpel sharp.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #461
ONE
love, blood, life

That was perhaps that most insane ending to an episode of television I've ever seen. When it went to black, I was like, 'oh come ON!'.

I can't see them offing Hank just yet.

Also, when Walt was driving out to the money site? I've seen car chases in tv shows and movies before, but I'm not sure I've ever FELT a car going so fast in a tv show or movie before. That was amazing.

P.S. Nothing to do with this episode, but I'm starting to get worried that Jessie is never going to find out the truth about Jane. And I really, really want him to, so bad.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:55 AM
The truth about Jane??

Jesse is responsible for her death, and as a result of that her father's death, and the mid-air collision with all those deaths.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #463
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
The truth about Jane??

Jesse is the most responsible for her death, and as a result of that her father's death, and the mid-air collision with all those deaths.
None of which changes the fact that Walt could have saved her life but chose not to.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

For what? to O D the next day or get Jesse killed?

Jesse took her off the straight and narrow, sober life she was on and they were out of control.
The way they were going they would have got everybody put in jail or killed. That is where Jesse did end up taking this whole thing. Most of the deaths lead back to Jesse's selfish, reckless behavior. And Walt's poor choice of protecting him.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
None of which changes the fact that Walt could have saved her life but chose not to.
Seriously, play this one out in your mind. He helps her and in their drug-addled states of mind they would both believe he was trying to suffocate her and kill her. What other reason would he be there for?