Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, so my daughter and I decided to rewatch the pilot from season 1 tonight just for the fun of it. There were so many call backs in tonight's episode from earlier episodes we thought it would be a fun watch. We decided to just use Netflix instead of getting out the DVDs but a few minutes in we realized there were HUGE chunks of the episode missing. :huh: Not only did they cut little bits and dialogue from every scene, but entire scenes. Important scenes! They even changed the first scene after the opening credits, changing the "Three weeks earlier" scene to the outside of the house in daylight instead of the house in the dark, so they could cut the whole early wake up scene. Anyway, we counted at least 10 things cut, large and small within the first 10 minutes or so. Wow terrible! WTF. I never use Netflix, is this normal? :huh:

Call me crazy, but this was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

The montage with all those matched visual transitions was brilliant.

tumblr_m9ra5uZ2uW1rrbogso3_500.gif

FUCK. ME. How the hell are we going to wait A YEAR for the remaining eight episodes. I'm ready to stay up until 4am watching them all right now.

That episode was maybe the best of the mini-season. I had no idea what was going to happen. And I saw bonocomet's post today about not being able to breathe when I was using the iPhone app, so the entire episode I was on edge. But that last 15 minutes, from when he went to Jesse's house, man...

Was fucking pumped to see Hank connect the dots. I think that's the cruellest thing about the long wait - I want to see Hank win now!

I KNOW! I kept thinking Hank was going to get capped on the toilet or something, totally forgetting that no, we still need him around. :lol:

Ohh me too. I was saying to myself "DON'T FLUSH DON'T FLUSH DON'T FLUSH DON'T FLUSH"

Not fair. I can't wait another 10 or so months I just can't. I suppose Dexter will hold me over for twelve weeks soon. But even that show has lost its shine, whereas this still going strong.

I was in such suspense in that final 15 minutes. So many thoughts rushing through my head. Is Skyler gonna die now that Walt has no use for her? Is the cancer back? Is Hank going to fall ass over next season when he runs out of the bathroom?

My guess is the cancer is back, Skyler has "won" so Walt is out of the game. Seemed a little too simple for him to just get out and to go from "being in the empire business" to "I'm out". Obviously Lydia, Todd and Jessie will all have rolls to play.

Looking back on my original thoughts after the firs episode I totally thought skyler would be taken out by now. Obviously the Ricin is meant for Lydia. What role has Jessie got now? The cold open, could be the beginning of the last episode..wow just wow.

My head is racing. I can't sleep.

Great episode. I was surprised how relatively low-key it was for a "mini-season" finale or whatever it is. Full of that Vince Gilligan unbearable tension though, especially the final pool scene as many of you have noted already. I love that Hank found it out while taking a shit, which is the best place to have an epiphany. We all had one of those.

I do believe the cancer is back, since Walter seems to throw away his Heisenberg persona and get all nostalgic after the bathroom scene. It seemed to me he started to get aware again of his own mortality. Plus the clock ticking again while Skyler was washing dishes.

And this: http://i.imgur.com/Pko1b.jpg

I still can't stop laughing at "You know, I love Los Pollos Hermanos, but I prefer Tuco Bell."

It looked like he beat the crap out of the paper towel dispenser. I'm gonna say he got bad news too.

That storage unit with the big pile money was so beautiful.

It looked like he beat the crap out of the paper towel dispenser. I'm gonna say he got bad news too.

That was a callback to 4 Days Out in season 2, when he got the news that his cancer is in remission. The hospital just didn't bother to repair it.

The episode was full of nostalgic moments and intentional callbacks to previous episodes:

BrBa: Episode 5 x 08, "Gliding Over All" - Imgur

Yeah. I read that half an hour after I posted it. Guess they don't fix stuff around there.

I don't see how Walt could have just up and gotten "out" like that. He had a lot of people depending on his product. I doubt they'd just let that pipeline dry up.

At any rate it looks like any plans of quitting are moot now that Hank is on to Walt.

I can't believe I have to wait until my second child, who isn't even born yet, is like 8 months old before I get to find out what happens next.

All he had to to is pass along the formula. Another cook might not be able to make it quite as good, but the purity level would be higher than what anyone else is selling.

Did they get the lawyer during the 'Godfatheresque-settling-debts' sequence/montage?
I don't remember seeing them kill the lawyer but I only watched it once.

I still don't believe the machine gun from the cold opening of the season premiere is for Hank or the Feds. I think it's someone else.

Did they get the lawyer during the 'Godfatheresque-settling-debts' sequence/montage?
I don't remember seeing them kill the lawyer but I only watched it once.

I still don't believe the machine gun from the cold opening of the season premiere is for Hank or the Feds. I think it's someone else.

I only watched it once as well, but I thought he (the lawyer) was the first to go wasn't he? (If anyone else remembers?)

bonocomet said:
I only watched it once as well, but I thought he (the lawyer) was the first to go wasn't he? (If anyone else remembers?)

This is what I thought too. I did not wanna see so many pokes on him though.

And damn for the one guy that was doused and flambéed instead of stabbed.

I was convinced Walt was going to blow sklyer's head off. Then thought Jesse was gonna kill himself. Then thought Hollys sunblock was poisoned. Then thought Hank was going to die on the toilet. I hate the writers for puppeteering me. By hate I mean love

I forgot it was the last episode this season. It was only when Hank found out and it ended the way it did. I felt very angry because of how the wait will be. :angry:

This is what I thought too. I did not wanna see so many pokes on him though.

And damn for the one guy that was doused and flambéed instead of stabbed.

I was convinced Walt was going to blow sklyer's head off. Then thought Jesse was gonna kill himself. Then thought Hollys sunblock was poisoned. Then thought Hank was going to die on the toilet. I hate the writers for puppeteering me. By hate I mean love

I have not re-watched yet.

but of course the lawyer is dead. Lydia, the best thing in this season, said she had 10 names for him. My guess is that the attorney got the flames, or maybe he was on the phone. I thought of the sun block for a moment, but why poison it, unless Walt was going after Skyler.

The Hank realization was a bit silly, hard to believe that he could not add up 2 and 2 before. The book dedication would have been better if it was the same exact phasing as was in Gale's notebook. As if he practiced before he wrote it.

If Hank knows, he knows Skyler is involved somewhat, that is why she wanted the kids out of the house. Walt is smart, there is no physical evidence to tie him to any of this. Hank will grab up Skyler, then get Jesse. Jesse will be the only way they can convict Walt. The machine gun is for Jesse and where he is being held/hid in protective custody.

jesse would never turn on walt to hank. they'd beat the crap out of each other, but they have a bond. i fully expected them to make out last night.

i think the machine gun is gonna end up being for todd, his uncle and others from that meeting. walt could want to do one last good thing in the short time he has remaining and that's making sure the blue is never made again.

i could see the last scene being hank out of the DEA and tagging trees.

Hmm... I never had any fears for any of Walt's family, including Hank, in this episode. Do you mean you guys thought Walt was going to do something to them, or someone else? I'm not really clear on all those thoughts. It never seemed likely any of them were in danger yet does it? To me the big suspense was what the trigger was going to be for Hank to catch on finally, would it be a trip up from something Walt said maybe, or something like that, and would it happen in everyone's presence or not? That was tense!

Also I knew Jesse was scared for his life when he left the camera's sight for a moment before answering the door, we knew he went to get a weapon. But I didn't think Walt would hurt Jesse. I just don't see that coming yet.

Can't wait to see how Hank goes about this now! :hyper:

I'm hoping Hank ships off Skylar and the kids to protective custody (witness protection program) from under Walt's nose before he has a clue. It's possible Hank will "get" that Skylar didn't have much choice and may give her the immunity for spilling all her beans on Walt. THAT would make the cold open of Walt spending his birthday with the birthday bacon alone, all the sweeter.

Back
Top Bottom