Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt. - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:31 AM
What I took from the 'cliffhanger' was that I'm supposed to believe that Walt kills Jessie.

Because we know he doesn't succeed in burning that house down.
#downsideofflashforwards

Which means, obviously, he doesn't. At least not any time soon. Also, as I said last week, I don't think it serves the story. Yet. So I am going with Jessie living to the series finale, if not beyond. I guess we'll see.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 AM
That was a great read.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #393
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
What I took from the 'cliffhanger' was that I'm supposed to believe that Walt kills Jessie.

Because we know he doesn't succeed in burning that house down.
#downsideofflashforwards

Which means, obviously, he doesn't. At least not any time soon. Also, as I said last week, I don't think it serves the story. Yet. So I am going with Jessie living to the series finale, if not beyond. I guess we'll see.

Supposedly, they recorded a reading of AP and BC reading through the final episode together fpr the first time and it will be released with the bluRay.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
I agree. That's what I mean with my suspension of disbelief with this show. It's written and carried out so well I don't think about any of that stuff while I'm watching. Sure the next day someone on the internet can go oh please no one can walk around with half their face missing, and then I might go, oh, ok I guess... but was I thinking that at the the time? No, I was going OH MY GOD! I don't see the logical faults that someone might point out later while I'm watching at all.

And as for things conveniently falling into place to make the story more incredible and exciting? Yeah, that's what makes some of the best fictional stories so great! That's what makes you not want to put the book down because you can't wait to see what might happen next.
And also, it's not like Gus was exactly walking around with half his head blown off. Taking a few muscle-memory staggers and keeling over might be a more accurate description. So you know, they stretch it, but it's not Die Hard or anything.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #395
Blue Crack Supplier

Some interesting thoughts on the evolution if Skylar:

Quote:
There's no doubt she was freaked out by her conversation with Hank at the diner -- it was yet another masterful confrontation in a show chock-full of them -- but she also kept her cool to a remarkable degree. Her "Am I under arrest?" was not only a genuinely desperate question -- that was also an effective bit of theater that got Hank to back off his self-serving White Knight routine. Skyler is working on a lot of levels here, and we'll know what she's planned for these controlling men when she's good and ready for us to know.

The proof really is in the pudding here: Ultimately Skyler's arc is an overt and concrete rejection of "the antihero's wife as victim" trope. "Breaking Bad" may have unconsciously fed into that trend when it started out, but it's energetically spent the last season and a half making Skyler every bit as formidable as Walt, Hank or Gus.

Skyler may not have many options left, but she's certainly not a passive player in all this; she's not waiting for Walt make his final moves or for Hank to rescue her. She's not a football to be thrown between two men who are equally obsessed with each other. The Skyler of Season 1 is long gone: In Season 5, she is is a formidable woman, and her quest to hang onto her independence and save her kids will probably determine how the dominoes fall.

So really, the worst thing Hank could have said to her is, "Here's what we're going to do." The look on her face said, "There's no 'we' here. Now get out of my way."

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/37777...f=maureen-ryan

What struck me rewarching the first season was how prissy she was when confronting Jessie about the (lie about) marijuana. I generally agree that the show really is about masculinity and resentment, and in the beginning she was a part of the suburban world that Walt was in some way subverting. But from "I fucked Ted" on, she's as complex as anyone who isn't Walt or Jessie.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #396
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
And also, it's not like Gus was exactly walking around with half his head blown off. Taking a few muscle-memory staggers and keeling over might be a more accurate description. So you know, they stretch it, but it's not Die Hard or anything.
He was walking around. In fact, he was fixing his tie. Hardly what I would call a muscle-memory stagger. Nothing that over-the-top was in Die Hard.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
He was walking around. In fact, he was fixing his tie. Hardly what I would call a muscle-memory stagger. Nothing that over-the-top was in Die Hard.
Die Hard was actually full of over the top moments.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #398
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Fire hoses do withstand rooftop explosions.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #399
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
They wanted to make it a little 'WTF' moment, based on the kind of character Gus had been. But he was basically fucked.

See if it had been Die Hard, the guy would somehow have survived. That's all I mean.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Some interesting thoughts on the evolution if Skylar:

What struck me rewarching the first season was how prissy she was when confronting Jessie about the (lie about) marijuana. I generally agree that the show really is about masculinity and resentment, and in the beginning she was a part of the suburban world that Walt was in some way subverting. But from "I fucked Ted" on, she's as complex as anyone who isn't Walt or Jessie.
I distinctly recall almost all of my issues with Skyler's character coming from the first season and a half or so.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #401
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I distinctly recall almost all of my issues with Skyler's character coming from the first season and a half or so.

Her super prissy reaction to Walt's "Jessie sells me marijuana" story now seems like a big misstep on the writer's part.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #402
Blue Crack Addict

breaking bad
Old 08-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:31 AM
She wasn't my favorite character at first, but I don't think I ever disagreed with her decisions in the beginning. I felt her reactions toward Walt and his crap were valid. But people change over time, and I don't mind her so much anymore. Her decisions are starting to freak me out a little though. But then, she's in such an impossible spot, I guess she's doing what she feels she has to, thanks to Walt screwing up their lives.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

FTR, Irvine, I didn't read that spoiler tag. I don't want any spoilers for this show.

But given the context of the reply, it makes me think certain things...
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #405
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
FTR, Irvine, I didn't read that spoiler tag. I don't want any spoilers for this show.

But given the context of the reply, it makes me think certain things...

I was erring on the side of extreme caution.

As spoilers go, it's pretty mild, and I read it in a very mainstream publication.