Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know they said the Saul spinoff will be a prequel, but obviously they had to say that whether it is or isn't so not to spoil the remaining Breaking Bad episodes. But I was thinking it would be pretty funny if his new show opens with him managing a Cinnabon. :giggle:

not managing, just a line worker because he can't land a job as a lawyer after passing the bar exam.

A lot of people have been throwing Lydia's name around in the discussion of who the ricin/assault rifle is for. Am I missing something? Based on what we've seen so far, what reason would Walt have to go back for her?

Silly thing to get so amped over, probably, but I loved the theme coming in at the end of the episode.

This. Honestly that final scene, silly as this will sound, completely wiped any thoughts of anger I had at Walt, and had me as excited as I was when DLZ played during "stay out of my territory". He calls into the DEA, giving himself up, and then to have Grey Matter make him re-think it all, the clenching of the fists, just brilliant. Cannot wait for next week.

A terrific ending to absolutely fascinating episode. I don't know this Robert Forster man myself, but he was great.

When he started unwinding (? unraveling? straightening?) the paper clip, I thought he was going to try and cut his wrists with it.

That was my first thought too, though I thought he might go for his neck.

If he would have done it Brock would still have a mother.

Better yet, if he would have just taken that vacuum cleaner repair express a few episodes back, how many more people would be alive?

That last scene was so good, with the theme music and all, I would have been happy if that were the series end. Aside from other stuff needing wrapping up like Jesse's story, but as far as Walt goes it could almost work as a finale. :hmm: (An evil one for the viewers, yes, but still pretty good. :wink:)

Does anyone think there is a chance of just a glimmer of light in the next 75 minutes? I can't even see that for Jesse now that Andrea's dead, unless he somehow looks after Brock.

They're doing this marathon on AMC, and we're on the second half of Season 2. I am still so fond of this stretch of episodes. It's when I really fell hard for the show.

Jesse/Jane, the pink teddy bear teasers, the introduction of Gus, 4 Days Out, DLZ, etc.

Love it.

I had a friend who was really into drugs back in the day, pot, coke, & then meth. He tried to hide it from us because he was really embarrassed and he knew we wouldn't approve. When he found out that I was a psychotic hitman he no longer felt ashamed of his addiction.

More than once, id accompany him to a late night afterparty on the wrong side of town. He knew some of the people there, nobody knew me. When a guy would ask him "yo, who's this", he'd always tell them im cool. They'd ask me my name, id say, "im special agent Garrison with the DEA".

Talk about watching people shit their pants. Good thing im a quick draw....

deep, I'm starting to get the impression that you're not very fond of Jesse.

I like Aaron Paul the actor a lot, but the Jesse Pinkman character was a throw away character. They introduced him as a worthless piece of shit in season one and he has remained true to that, the writers have been consistent. One of his first on screen scenes is as a 19 year old meth addict in a run down motel bangin' a crack whore. He never amounted to anything any better than that.

The one thing that has bothered me in an otherwise stellar second half of the last season has been Flynn's reaction to finding out his dad's a meth kingpin. I get that he'd be angry/hurt/confused, but slamming the proverbial door completely shut in the face of the man he's worshipped his entire life, the ideal he's always looked upto, the father who's literally dying of cancer....?

In the words of Gob Bluth, come on!

He found out in the same conversation that his Uncle Hank was murdered in relationship to it or by Walt.

I'm watching Phoenix, the episode where Jane dies. How anyone can lay that off on Walt is just ridiculous. It is all on Jesse.
This episode is one of the best. The scene with Walt and Jane's father in the bar, Charlie Daniels on the jukebox. pure gold.

ok, edit to add, having just watched the last scene Walt inadvertently contributed to Jane's death. If he never went to Jesse's that night to try and help Jesse, Jane might have lived through the night. They were both laying on their sides, Walt shook Jesse to wake him, and that made Jane roll over on her back.
Still, when Jesse told her everything about Walt, where he worked, had a brother-in-law that is DEA and she blackmailed Walt there was no reason save her.

And yes, season 5 pales in relationship to earlier seasons.

The one thing that has bothered me in an otherwise stellar second half of the last season has been Flynn's reaction to finding out his dad's a meth kingpin. I get that he'd be angry/hurt/confused, but slamming the proverbial door completely shut in the face of the man he's worshipped his entire life, the ideal he's always looked upto, the father who's literally dying of cancer....?

In the words of Gob Bluth, come on!

Hank was also a man that Walter Jr. idolized and looked up to. And Walter Jr. blames his dad for Hank's death. I would say that's one of the many reasons why he acted the way he did on the phone last episode.

Hank was also a man that Walter Jr. idolized and looked up to. And Walter Jr. blames his dad for Hank's death. I would say that's one of the many reasons why he acted the way he did on the phone last episode.

Yea Hank's death does give some credence to Flynn's behavior towards Walt. But the fact still remains that he knows Walt's dying. That just makes me question the believability of how he wants nothing to do with his father anymore.

He found out in the same conversation that his Uncle Hank was murdered in relationship to it or by Walt. I'm watching Phoenix, the episode where Jane dies. How anyone can lay that off on Walt is just ridiculous. It is all on Jesse. This episode is one of the best. The scene with Walt and Jane's father in the bar, Charlie Daniels on the jukebox. pure gold. ok, edit to add, having just watched the last scene Walt inadvertently contributed to Jane's death. If he never went to Jesse's that night to try and help Jesse, Jane might have lived through the night. They were both laying on their sides, Walt shook Jesse to wake him, and that made Jane roll over on her back. Still, when Jesse told her everything about Walt, where he worked, had a brother-in-law that is DEA and she blackmailed Walt there was no reason save her. And yes, season 5 pales in relationship to earlier seasons.

I agree that it's a superb, devastating episode. Especially when paralleled with the birth of Holly and the placement of the towel in the baby's crib. Gut wrenching fathers and daughters stuff.

But I think S5, especially the 2nd half, is as good as it's ever been, especially given the enormous expectations placed on the show at this point in its run.

My favorites are still the final 4 episodes of S4.

Yea Hank's death does give some credence to Flynn's behavior towards Walt. But the fact still remains that he knows Walt's dying. That just makes me question the believability of how he wants nothing to do with his father anymore.

Really?

His dad is a meth kingpin, indirectly and directly responsible for the deaths of probably a few hundred people.

Pretty sure if that was my dad I'd react the same way.

Still checking in on the marathon. Holy hell, the Season 3 Skyler/Ted story arc was a HUGE drag.

The show is still phenomenal here, of course, but I think if I had to name one I would say that this is my least favorite season.

I did get to revisit the episode where Jesse keeps dialing Jane's phone over and over just to hear her voice mail message. That always stuck with me. So simple, and so powerful. At least to me.

Season 3 is one of the weaker seasons, a lot of bland stuff resides in the middle, but THOSE LAST TWO EPISODES. Both would be in my top 5.

Sunset and One Minute are pretty much the two middle episodes of that season...

Late-middle, like episodes 8-10 (Fly is a great idea but I find the execution a bit grating). There were great moments that season but also some patches that I didn't really care for. Like GAF said, Skyler's shit was an unnecessary distraction, and depressed Jesse was kind of a drag after a while.

In contrast, season 4 is a undeterred one-way trip to Crazytown and I love it. We have the fairly traumatizing season 3 finale to thank for that.

Back
Top Bottom