Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Season 4 is finally up on Netflix, so I'll go back to only being one season behind. Except I should probably go back to season three since I can't remember what the hell was going on when that ended now.

Count me in for the ending where Walt is the last man standing, but it is subtly hinted that the cancer is back.

I'd like Walt to die in episode 6 of the 5b season.

Then the last two episodes could be about if Jesse gets out of this whole mess, since is the only one we care about. Perhaps Hank perusing the elusive Heisenberg with him having to decide to let Jesse live or die, then he finally figures out, it was Walt all along.

This episode was bookended tremendously well. I thought that the cold open, with the whole "say my name...Heisenberg...you're god damn right!" exchange, was another great fan-friendly moment in the show's run. Couldn't help but smile when that line was delivered. And the sequence on the water at the end was beautiful.

It helped me fully realize something, too. Something that I'd felt in the back of my mind for a while, but didn't entirely come to grips with until the end of Sunday's ep:

I'm still rooting for Walt.

Even though we all knew there was literally no possible way Walt could die at the end of this episode (because we see him a year from now at Denny's sporting the most righteous facial hair), I still felt nervous for him as he was wading through the tall grass looking for Mike. I feared that Mike would pop up and blast him away. As much as I like Mike, I choose Walt. I don't want Walt to die.

I think it's just some sort of personal TV watching instinct. I've spent so much time with this guy, and backed him for so long and been fascinated by him for so long. He's made me laugh and cheer and cry. I just can't completely turn on the character.

In terms of rooting for Walt, at this point, the only situation that could cause any kind of uncertainty for me would be if it was Walt vs. Jesse. Which makes me think that that situation is inevitable and might happen sooner rather than later.

And I will curl up and dissolve into a puddle of anxiety and emotional damage and I will have no more fingernails.

It's funny how sometimes I'll watch an NFL game where I truly have no rooting interest, and at some point in the first quarter my brain will let me know who I'm rooting for. I've been rooting for Walt from the jump of course, but, when Mike chained him to the radiator, I found myself rooting for Walt to be unable to escape. This didn't shock me or anything, but it was the very first moment I rooted against Walt.

I was not actively rooting against Walt until he shot Mike. Not only was it an ill-advised move, it was completely unnecessary, as he said. Just murder for the sake of murder. I can't even consider him a mad genius; the waterworks shit he's pulling with Hank is frustratingly transparent and will come back to bite him in an episode or two.

I hope Jesse and Todd shoot it out at some point. That could be cathartic.

lazarus said:
So no one wants the Godfather Part II ending with Walt killing everyone and having to live with his own sins, huh?

My feeling is this ^ even though I want Jesse to win

One thing I do expect and hope, is for this series not to be predictable.

Often times they have given us head fakes, and gone off on a completely different prediction. I would be fine if we never saw or heard of the ricin again.

I remember sitting in the theater watch Pulp Fiction the first time. About half way through Travolta gets blasted away on the shitter:huh: I thought, WTH, the movie is over, can't go on without him. That is why I want to see Walt die, big time or small time, and then let it be Jesse's story.

I don't think that analogy between Travolta in Pulp Fiction and Walter makes any sense. Pulp Fiction is a very ensemble-oriented film, with three different protagonists over three different sections and about a dozen supporting characters important to the plot. Besides, it heavily employs flashbacks and flashforwards, which is why Travolta does come back after he gets shot, but never again in such capacity as he was in the first half of the movie, since the third act is basically property of Samuel L.Jackson. Although one could argue Jesse is the 2nd protagonist in the show, this is first and foremost Walter White's story. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to disappear for the freakin' finale of the show. Who would you want Jesse to confront in the end? Hank? Now that would be repetitive and predictable, since we've seen that in season 3. Marie? Holly?

I'm still rooting for Walt to kill Jesse. It would be the ultimate unforgivable sin for the fans, and Cranston and Paul would act the shit out of that. Hell, if Walt kills Skyler, people will celebrate him more than ever. ;)

I'm sure Vince Gilligan has stated its not a matter of if Walt dies, but when.

Looked like the cancer had come back in the cold open flash forward.

I'm holding out for a Godfather 3 ending. Junior takes a bullet meant for Walt and then Walt eventually succumbs to cancer whilst eating an orange.

vito was eating an orange in the first movie
michael wasn't eating at the end of III

PDVD_224.BMP

Jeese v Skyler for the spoils

Walt jr kills Skyler after watching her kill walt

The lab explodes and walt dies

Summer 2013 is so far ...:(

djerdap said:
I'm still rooting for Walt to kill Jesse. It would be the ultimate unforgivable sin for the fans, and Cranston and Paul would act the shit out of that. Hell, if Walt kills Skyler, people will celebrate him more than ever. ;)

I'm on team Walt killing Jesse too. But I'd put a buck down on Landry killing Jesse at 100-1.

And if Walt killed Skyler I'd cheer louder than when Dexter found Rita dead in the tub.

cougar town ^

she is so depressed, anything could happen, I can't believe she is living apart from her new baby
and Hank and her sister are so blase' about it.

Last edited:
DRay9911 said:
vito was eating an orange in the first movie
michael wasn't eating at the end of III

When Michael dies, his hand drops and an orange rolls out from it. Right there in that shot you posted.

Does anyone else see her cheating on Walt with Jesse?

I sensed a hint of that too.
Would practically be the ultimate F-You to Walt.

But then again, I also thought Walt was gonna bang Marie a few eps back when he told her about Skylar's affair with whats-his-face.

Marie needs a good hair-pulling 'seeing to' from Heisenberg.

that's why i never leave reading material in the restroom

I swear that entire scene at the patio table I could NOT BREATHE. :lol: The cliffhanger was imminent, it was all just a matter of how will he make the connection.

I KNOW! I kept thinking Hank was going to get capped on the toilet or something, totally forgetting that no, we still need him around. :lol:

But yeah, I had butterflies in my stomach the whole final scene.

can't believe it took 5 and a half seasons to fit 'crystal blue persuasion' into the show.

nice timing though.

and i think i really like lydia

Back
Top Bottom