Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
proxy.jpg

I thought Anna Gunn, whom I have never been a fan of, was excellent in those two particular scenes. I don't usually have emotional reactions to this show because while it's a great story (clearly) the characters are mostly unlikeable. But I felt nervous as shit for her in that diner scene. And then later, that was a great scene with her sister. Good stuff.

I thought Anna Gunn, whom I have never been a fan of, was excellent in those two particular scenes. I don't usually have emotional reactions to this show because while it's a great story (clearly) the characters are mostly unlikeable. But I felt nervous as shit for her in that diner scene. And then later, that was a great scene with her sister. Good stuff.

That's interesting, since I feel that probably the biggest accomplishment of the show is that it made characters who should have been very unlikeable quite... likeable. Huge credit goes to the actors for this.

But I agree with you about Anna Gunn. Some of the choices both she and the writers had made did turn her into an unlikeable character, but I never unreasonably hated her like many fans seem to do, and most of the choices she makes in this episode add fascinating layers to her character. The scene with Dean Norris was the episode's highlight IMO. Plenty of great moments (Betsy Brandt finally has something dramatic to do), the pacing of the final 8 episodes seems to be perfectly executed, and although I had small problems with the structure of the episode (it seemed that the Lydia part of the story came too late in the ep, giving it an anti-climactic feel), it really feels that Gilligan knows what he's doing in concluding this in the specific time frame he has gotten. Next episode is called Confessions, and I have very, very high hopes for it, especially after seeing the preview. Shit is seriously about to go down.

HUELL! & Bill Burr are instant delights.

Much, much better comic relief than Badger and Skinny Pete.

I haven't been that tense throughout an entire episode in a while. Excellent work all around. I miss Jesse though; him being a shell of his former self is a detriment to the show, no matter what storyline it serves.

I haven't been that tense throughout an entire episode in a while. Excellent work all around. I miss Jesse though; him being a shell of his former self is a detriment to the show, no matter what storyline it serves.

I'm pretty sure he has a huge role in the next episode.

am I under arrest?!?

It's messed up, but part of me is still rooting for Walt.

Lydia is so hot.

Agreed on both accounts. And both are kinda messed up. I suspect the ricin and all of those weapons Walt buys are going to be used against Lydia, Todd & his gang. Or is there someone we haven't even been introduced too....yet?

Plenty of great moments (Betsy Brandt finally has something dramatic to do), the pacing of the final 8 episodes seems to be perfectly executed, and although I had small problems with the structure of the episode (it seemed that the Lydia part of the story came too late in the ep, giving it an anti-climactic feel), it really feels that Gilligan knows what he's doing in concluding this in the specific time frame he has gotten.
I really liked the choice to not even show what has been the biggest action of the (half) season thus far, an extremely bloody and intense (albeit brief) shootout. I agree that coming late in the episode it didn't get much setup, though I think that made the violence all the more jarring. This show white knuckles it like nobody's business; my usual reaction at the end of an episode is exhaling in relief.

Much, much better comic relief than Badger and Skinny Pete.
I felt the opposite, seemed more forced this week than last. Then again, I'm a sucker for Badger and Skinny Pete (Note to AMC: Spinoff!)

I'm still bitter about Skinny Pete banging Olga Kurylenko in that Malick dud earlier this year.

I agreed with you guys about feeling a bit of sympathy toward Walt again. That's what is so fantastic about this show, it proves that nothing is black and white, there are always changing emotions in life. When Walt knew he had cancer in the beginning, he was desperate to do something, (willing to do anything), for his family. We were pulling for him. When that time limit was pulled from him, he really lost that moral pull, and became a sort of out of control monster that was easy to hate. But suddenly with the cancer back and his end looming again, (at least as far as he knows) he's in some way trying to do right for his family again, and we can see that Skylar might be, like us, a little sympathetic again. And it made me upset that I felt that tiniest bit sorry for him. Damn this show. :applaud:

I mourn the loss of Jesse though. :( By that I mean Walt killed the sweet kid he was. :sad: I don't think Jesse's conscious can ever recover from some of the horrible things he did in the name of Heisenberg.

This has always been Walter White's story and I hope it goes out that way, too.

Skyler has been a very good wife to Walt. Of course because we have all the information about Walt, some of us want to hate on Skyler. Can no one see this from her point of view? She is married to a high school teacher dying of cancer, she has been in the the dark and lied to by Walt, all this considered Walt is lucky to have her. She has helped him a lot at great risk to herself.

From the open of the first part of season 5 it is ovbious that Walt called the Vavuum Service and disappeared off the map. Now he is back and with that heavy machine gun he is going to take out who ever Hank got to flip.

Hank has nothing without a cooperatig witness. Is it Jesse? or Todd?

It should be that weak, whining beeeatch Jesse, I hope Walt sends his straight to where he will be happy.

Im not buying the idea that Walt is going send Jesse on a trip to Belize. Todd and his gang, family, that's highly possible though, along with Lydia.

I can see Jesse spilling his guts to Hank, cutting a deal, and disappearing.

Yes I do see us all somehow rooting for Walt, again, right up until the bitter end. That's just how this damn show rolls.

Fucking amazing.

Great episode. If it continues at this rate, this will be one of the greatest finishes to a TV series ever.

Hank pushed too hard with Skyler. He really needed to finesse her and he failed to do it.

It's interesting how no one's motives are pure here, not even Hank's. There's an element of self-preservation going on even with the "innocents".

I about cried when they were fighting over the baby. Maybe it's just cause I have one of my own. :shrug:

I about cried when they were fighting over the baby. Maybe it's just cause I have one of my own. :shrug:

It was just an incredible scene.

I mean, a lot of what the show goes for is the LOST-style breakneck twists and WTF moments but that right there - the human drama - was money in the bank.

Well, my theory since that first episode was that it's for Jesse and the DEA agents that are protecting him. It's probably going to turn out to be something completely different, but I'm sticking to it.

Interesting that a few here are back rooting for Walt somewhat. I've always been a suck when it comes to TV shows, so I am the one who wants Hank to win (and Jessie too, whatever a "win" for him would be).

An absolutely excellent episode though. I was so annoyed when the episode ended the moment Hank entered the investigation room.

By the way - go us. Breaking Bad illegal downloads topped by Aussies

HUELL! & Bill Burr are instant delights.

Truth. Bill was so great as the truck driver in the Great Train Robbery as well.

Lydia is so hot.

I wouldn't have agreed with you in the first half of this season, because she was a nervous wreck and that annoyed me greatly. Now she's full of swagger and I hope she gets more airtime.

Great episode. If it continues at this rate, this will be one of the greatest finishes to a TV series ever.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom