Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which makes all of Gus' frustration at Walt trying to equate himself to him all the more ironic; he actually has become Gus, in that respect.

Jesse'll either end up dead, get caught by Hank/The DEA (not as likely), or use that identity-wiping rip-cord that Saul offered Walt in the midst of the Gus drama in "Crawl Space." I can see that happening given Jesse's devil-may-care attitude he has toward any material possessions or money nowadays, but I doubt his rampant guilt will allow him to do that at this point in time.

Damn, I have no idea what'll happen but I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse pulls a Hamlet and offs Walt/his Claudius.

Mike was right though, when he told Walt “Just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James.” Walt may have become Gus, but Walt isn't Gus. Gus had this wonderful, elaborate operation that he spent perhaps years building up. Walt's arrogance and ego has essentially kept Hank on the trail of Heisenberg, and caused many more missteps along the way. I actually felt kind of sorry for Walt all the way up until "Face Off". Now im oddly looking forward to his demise....guess that's what makes this show so great!

Something has me thinking Jesse will end up dead, suicide, OD, or just killed in the crossfire somehow. Don't think he will take out Walt (though if he did that would be ironic) or vice versa, but I suppose it could happen. 7 more episodes and we will all know.

One question from last night, Walt said he was done cooking, but someone is still supplying Lydia with an inferior product, who's doing the cooking?

Probably Todd. Jesse Plemons is a regular cast member now, along with Laura Fraser.

I thought the episode was a little underwhelming on the whole, but the show is just so good that still makes it pretty goshdarn great. I didn't think we'd get to that final scene this soon either, but that's something this show has always done well, surprising us with the timing of major events. Very, very interested to see what happens in the coming seven episodes.

It was strongly hinted that it was back, when he goes for a routine check at the end of Gliding Over All (episode 5x08).

It was strongly hinted that it was back, when he goes for a routine check at the end of Gliding Over All (episode 5x08).

yes, and the shot of him going back on the CAT scan was very coffin-like, he looked dead. because he already is.

so reading around on the internets today, and people are pointing to the spilled groceries in the opening flashforward -- the neighbor lady drops oranges when she sees WW, which are famously the Godfather symbol of someone dying. she thought WW was dead, but he's not, hence the orange dropping surprise.

my completely unsubstantiated wild guess is that Walt has faked his own death and now WW is back and assuming this new identity to avenge something ... and, yes, it's a wig, fake beard, and glasses. and he's noticeably thinner. the cancer will get him, but he's got to get someone else first.

I loved everything in that episode aside from the Jesse storyline, which is way too on the nose with the whole JESSE FEELS GUILTY UNLIKE WALT thing.

It was also strongly hinted in the season cold opener last year when Walt was buying guns in the parking lot of Denny's, he had the cough back and was possibly taking pills (?) in the bathroom if I recall. Or maybe I dreamed that shit up, don't know. Yeah he's coming after someone....don't know who though. Im wondering if we the viewer will end up rooting for Walt or whomever he is after. Lydia, perhaps?

It was also strongly hinted in the season cold opener last year when Walt was buying guns in the parking lot of Denny's, he had the cough back and was possibly taking pills (?) in the bathroom if I recall. Or maybe I dreamed that shit up, don't know. Yeah he's coming after someone....don't know who though. Im wondering if we the viewer will end up rooting for Walt or whomever he is after. Lydia, perhaps?

He definitely had the cough and pills in the scene in question.

Walt shot him because he wasn't getting the names that he demanded. Mike responded "shut the fuck up and let me die in peace," and the camera panned away.

Walt shot him because he wasn't getting the names that he demanded. Mike responded "shut the fuck up and let me die in peace," and the camera panned away.

thanks....I always liked Mike.

after watching last night I wish I would have taken the time to watch the beginning of season 5 again. I feel like there's a few other details I don't remember.

We did see Mike fall over dead though in the long shot from farther away. Looks like he keeled over basically right after he said those words.

I think Jesse will end up killing Todd to assuage his own guilt, then Todd's neo-Nazi brethen will come after Jesse and Walt (possibly rekindling their alliance again). I hope this turns out to be the case, coz they make a heluva team when their backs are against the wall.

We did see Mike fall over dead though in the long shot from farther away. Looks like he keeled over basically right after he said those words.

Yeah then he and Todd took his body to melt into a barrel. If Breaking Bad has taught me anything it's that ricin and hydrochloric acid cure most, if not all, problems.

Peef, you mean the rot in Walt's house?

It's "attempts" at humor were, as is so often the case, successful. The Star Trek fan fic had me rolling, and Odenkirk wasn't without his typically strong one liners.

There are enough heavyweight dramas on tv. I like that Breaking Bad is still rather fleet of foot. To me, it really does have everything.

Badger and Skinny Pete were always more annoying than funny. The humor that comes from the main characters was consistently great.

So happy to have this back, it had been almost an entire year.

Loved how they've gone straight to Walt and Hank confronting each other. They could have dicked around for a couple more weeks before getting there, but this surely means a final season to rival The Shield's endgame.

And after wondering about how Hank would react to his revelation, it was both shocking and completely true to character. After everything he's been out through, of course he'd erupt in a completely black and white way. There is no excuse for what Walt has done. And it's great that the final scene wasn't a gut reaction, Hank had been stewing on that for a whole week.

I'm still not sure how much I like the flash forwards. On the one hand, they're cool as. On the other, I think I'd prefer to stay in the moment and not have any idea where this is going. Clearly there's going to be a change in the series structure by having eight months pass in just seven episodes (or longer in fewer?) so it's still going to be a surprising ride, but knowing one of the final destinations takes away some of the potential to shock.

Am totally hoping they outdo The Shield's final season though, and that was the best closing stretch I've ever watched.

Jesse start cooperating with the DEA in return for Heisenberg/Lydia/information?

I don't see Jesse ever co-operating with the DEA given his distaste for Hank.

I'm still not sure how much I like the flash forwards. On the one hand, they're cool as. On the other, I think I'd prefer to stay in the moment and not have any idea where this is going. Clearly there's going to be a change in the series structure by having eight months pass in just seven episodes (or longer in fewer?) so it's still going to be a surprising ride, but knowing one of the final destinations takes away some of the potential to shock.

Am totally hoping they outdo The Shield's final season though, and that was the best closing stretch I've ever watched.

The flash-forwards not only project a confidence in their endgame, but also shake up the closing stretch by adding another layer of tension - we know that Walt makes it past the Hank confrontation, but at what cost?

It reminds me a lot of the oblique pre-plane crash segments in Season 2 or the flashbacks that pepper Season 3.

Back
Top Bottom