Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*the reason she went to Agent Psycho, I meant to say. I'm not sure why Lucy wasn't in the episode, but I'm glad. I despise her character. She's back next week from the looks of the previews, though.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f57d80be970b-320wi

I really liked the first season of Boardwalk Empire. The final episode set up what seems to be an exciting 2nd season. I think Buscemi proved he can carry a show. :wink:

What show does? :huh:

a figure of speech, I guess changing my TV viewing habits and expectations better describes it.

where I am anxiously waiting for each new installment, and thinking about the show when I am not watching it.

in that category, I would put The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men.

These series changed television, to name a few.

Boardwalk Empire was probably the best new series we got in 2010.

But I do not consider it as groundbreaking as the afore mentioned.

a figure of speech, I guess changing my TV viewing habits and expectations better describes it.

where I am anxiously waiting for each new installment, and thinking about the show when I am not watching it.

in that category, I would put The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men.

These series changed television, to name a few.

Boardwalk Empire was probably the best new series we got in 2010.

But I do not consider it as groundbreaking as the afore mentioned.

Oh ok, I see where you're coming from. I liked BE, but I didn't like it more than True Blood. I think True Blood did actually change my life. I finally lived my dream of seeing Anna Paquin completely naked. Not once, but twice!

Anyway, hopefully, the next season of BE is even better than the first.

I hope they can take the potential on display in the first season and mold it into a consistently strong show, S1 was rather kitchen sink and didn't really know how to pace/ramp up tension.

I disagree, but to each their own.

Anywayz, I really enjoyed yesterday's episode.

aaaaand we're back.

I have been eagerly awaiting this, and was fairly satisfied with the S2 opener.

I'm not much into what one might refer to as "period pieces" (ie specific to a bygone era) but this series is riveting imo. Second best show on TV right now for me.

I am liking the series just fine.

Busemi is not the best lead, but I can't imagine the show without him now.

I've had mixed feelings about Buscemi (normally I love him in other stuff). But I've gotten used to him in this and agree that I can't imagine the show without him. Michael Pitt is killer, though.

I thought this past episode was a weaker one. The jail cell scenes with Chalky especially. We already understand his character fairly well imo and it just seemed gratuitous in both dialogue and the end result.

Back
Top Bottom