Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Violence

Nudity

Adult Content

Adult Language

It has 4 things going for it.

The opening theme is not quite 20s era, though.

Yeah, way more than I need. :lol: I have Comcast and with the package they gave me, I now have like 4 Starz channels and 4 HBO.

Here in the O C I can watch True Blood, or this, as early as 6 pm (now)

and then it is on 3 - 4 more times later tonight.

Have you tried In Treatment, also on HBO?

I ran across the east-coast HBO for True Blood last week, which was awesome. Slipped my mind this week!

I've been meaning to catch In Treatment - it's in my Netflix queue now.

I have it on my onDemand dvr, they have the first season up now. I don't know if Comcast offers onDemand with their dvrs.

I think it's available on mine as well, but I'm not up for starting it right now. I've got too much else I want to watch first. I need to parcel out all the TV shows I want to get through.

Holy smokes that was awesome, and more graphically violent than many of Marty's films.

I only found out this week that Michael Kenneth Williams (who only popped up for a split second in the premiere), Kelly MacDonald, Michael Shannon and Michael Stuhlbarg were going to be in this, :hyper:, I'd tried to avoid reading too much.

"You can't be half-a-gangster anymore Nuck"

:up:

"Giddy Up Cowboy"

haha, you beat me to it. I loved this show. I usually try to stay away from TV shows because I dont want to get sucked in, but this one is off to a good start, so I might have to make an exception

I had 3 episodes of Mad Men to catch up on, so I missed it last night. The previews have looked amazing, so I'm hoping to watch it tonight. There's not enough Buscemi around these days.

Really enjoyed that.

I can't help but think of Amsterdam from Gangs of New York when I see this Jimmy character. They're both young feisty kids trying to work their way up, through not the most honest means. They've both got the violent streak. Both good looking. And there's the Scorsese connection, of course.

This is good shit.

And, yeah, if Omar becomes a big character, this thing is only going to get better.

From the way Michael Pitt looked so uncomfortable at the beginning I assumed he was feeling guilty for what they were doing... turns out he was just jealous for not having more responsibility.

Really enjoyed that.

I can't help but think of Amsterdam from Gangs of New York when I see this Jimmy character. They're both young feisty kids trying to work their way up, through not the most honest means. They've both got the violent streak. Both good looking. And there's the Scorsese connection, of course.

This is good shit.

And, yeah, if Omar becomes a big character, this thing is only going to get better.

yep agree with you on the last part. I absolutely love this actor, he has got some serious acting chops.. Hope this brings even more good roles for him.

I don't see how this vehicle will permit as wide and rewarding a part for Omar as The Wire.

In a 1920's Atlantic City black Americans would have been marginalized.

But, who knows.

I need to go back and watch the last 15 minutes, since I flipped over to Mad Men at 10.

Oh, and the actress who played Jimmy's wife was gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom