Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the Van Alden and Eli adventure team. :D

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Ok so I know nothing about any future episodes but based on the two we've seen, I had this idea about where things could be heading. It's just an idea based on the flashbacks and the current things happening, but who knows... :hmm: Nothing spoilery in here, but in case anyone doesn't even want to see possible end game theories I'll put it here:

What if Jimmy really was Nucky's son. I know that's been dismissed before, but still what if. If Jillian plans to tell him this, that would be pretty much the best revenge anyone could get on him, for him to know he murdered his son. It's possible that because of the Commodore having a hold on the both of them when they were young, who knows, they may have even been in love. I know it's probably a longshot, but it's just based on 2 episodes in. :hmm::reject:

I really doubt Jimmy was Nucky's son, there's never been the slightest hint or foreshadowing of anything remotely like that. Nucky and Gillian as two victims (in different ways) of the Commodore, sure.

Also, spoiler alert: they end Prohibition.

I really doubt Jimmy was Nucky's son, there's never been the slightest hint or foreshadowing of anything remotely like that. Nucky and Gillian as two victims (in different ways) of the Commodore, sure.

Also, spoiler alert: they end Prohibition.

The victim part is what made me think of it. Two victims finding some escape from that with each other. And I remember early on questioning the possibility of it, but for some reason I thought they dismissed it, I just don't remember how or the details. Anyway, it was just one of those random thoughts that float by while you're watching the episode.

Any ideas about this episodes opener scene?

Oh ah, yes, it all comes back now, it opened on a gramophone speaker and Eli watching a booze bust down in the courtyard below. Poor, fucked Eli.

Now, third episode in and if this were any other show I suppose I'd be irritated, but I don't even mind if we just totter on like this to the finish line. It's such an interesting wormhole of a show.

The phrase 'character arc' ought to be banned from discussions about tv shows. It's a bit of wannabe-screenwriter jargon. Do you have a character arc, guys? Or are you just trying to survive.

He's shown little sign of much activity at all on that front, and of course this is seven years later now, so he might be getting a little worn down by life, and Joe Kennedy.

The way I read it is that he genuinely cares for her, and to just let her stay at his place would confirm to her that all he wanted to do is jump her bones. He did seem sincere when asking about the children.

This season has been really good, the back story about his childhood with The Cornelle and his own father has been handled well. I do see him dying in the last episode. The lady in the asylum has every reason to do it.

The way I read it is that he genuinely cares for her, and to just let her stay at his place would confirm to her that all he wanted to do is jump her bones. He did seem sincere when asking about the children.

This season has been really good, the back story about his childhood with The Cornelle and his own father has been handled well. I do see him dying in the last episode. The lady in the asylum has every reason to do it.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. It's amazing how much this show has fallen off the radar but it's no disgrace, never has been. In fact I'd go so far as to call it an embarrassment of riches.

I think the Nucky/Margaret thing is more of a sparring kinda-sorta-kinda friendship (kinda) at this point. Doubt there is any erotic feeling to speak of, and even if there was... too much history there.

I think the final episode is going to involve that oh-so-fine redhead confronting Nucky and we'll see the flashback to when she's raped by the Cornell Colonel Cornelle or whatever the fuck he's called. Nucky was obviously there at the time and I thought one episode even hinted that he might have had his way with her (I think some character insinuated that...)

I mean, all the other plotlines are leading to a head and intertwining with one another. I don't think they're just going to have Gillian break out or kill herself. She's going to end up back in a scene with Nucky in Atlantic City. No doubt. Nucky didn't stop her from getting raped (which will likely be the last flashblack) and later killed the son from the rape which made her go crazy and kill the lookalike...

He's called The Commodore (which may or may not be an honorific, I thought that was a military rank).

Something will definitely come to a head between Nucky and Gillian.

There's so much going on in this show, I don't get too anxious about this or that plot point, because it is the story of a world as much as anything.

Yeah, the quality of the overall package is what particularly matters. The way a good story is told rather than the minor explosions that occur. Nothing more annoying than half the audience for The Sopranos simply tuning in hoping to see some tits and a few mobsters get gunned down each week (hence why they couldn't accept that ending).

To judge by the AV Club, audiences have moved on some since then; the relatively rare moments of t & a (and bloody bodies) have to be apologised for, even when they are perfectly pertinent and in-history.

I've enjoyed this season more than last season, but I've always enjoyed BE. Every plotline has been compelling. The Nucky flashbacks have been great.

And how about young-adult Nucky? They really pay attention to detail with the casting choices (though it would have been hilarious if the brief appearance by somewhat-younger Leandar had just been Uncle Junior with boot polish on his muttonchops).

:doh: Those teeth. I can barely take his scenes seriously because it's so distracting. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea. The actor does a fantastic job on his own. :up: (He totally looks like he's wearing a set of those fake vampire teeth.) (Now if I find out those are his real teeth I'm going to feel really bad. :reject: )

Anyway, :wink: one of my other theories... the new kid is really Tommy. :hmm:

:D

(Based on them making a big deal of his introduction a few weeks ago, and also in the episode before last the way they had Nucky keep staring at him like he was trying to figure something out.)

The (fake) teeth are a real distraction for me too, a bit much. Only two episodes left, this series has been consistently good.

Really, you guys are complaining about Nucky's teeth? :lol::lol: Too fuckin' funny!

Last night's show was one of the best of the season. I was actually sad to see Van Alden and Chalky get killed. Especially Chalky. 2 episodes left. Will Nucky be the last man standing? I hope so.

It's just a weird decision they made to stick huge fake teeth in an actor who already not only looks like the original, but does a fine job of acting him too. He seems really hindered by them, like he can barely close his mouth or even speak well. :huh:

I don't agree with you at all, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. His teeth are fine. I wasn't one of those people who thought they were a "distraction" either :lol::lol: I'd have a more difficult time if they DIDN'T feature younger Nucky with his signature teeth.

Back
Top Bottom