Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree. I got up to do laundry during the Chalky jail scenes.

The Ken Burns documentary on Prohibition airing right now on PBS is a nice complement to Boardwalk.

ok, I give the writers room to do their job.
I think the purpose of the whole scene was to give us more background on Chalky, and the black community at that time.
So we learn that Chalky can not read, but wants others to believe he is educated. Dressing the part, acting the part.
He is the leader of the black community, they will step up for him.
And at the end, he lets down his guard, these few that put themselves on the line for him, now know that he can not read and was just putting on an act.

----

I liked part one, Drunkards
part two bored me a bit, But I now know why Prohibition was doomed. In most (many) places they never even considered enforcing it, from the Whitehouse down.

I really liked this episode and thought it was better than last week's. Loved how Margaret worked her way into Nucky's bathroom to get the money and the log. Plus, I was glad that Agent Van Alden wasn't featured on this week's show. I can't stand him, but obviously, that's the point. :wink:

I like Agent Van Alden and his creepy wife. Or rather, I like that storyline.

another solid episode

and it seems like there was a purpose to those scenes with Chalkie in jail
background to explain Chalkie White's behavior/ motivation.

Wow, it's been a while since anyone discussed BE. Last night's show was definitely interesting. Can't believe the season finale is already next Sunday. Maybe its just me, but they make Jimmy look like a complete dumbass.

Yeah, that was a wild episode.
It's almost like they are just erasing everything (everybody) so Nucky and Jimmy can be friends again.

With Jimmy murdering the Commodore, yeah, perhaps he might be friends with Nucky again. Hopefully not. Plus, I was kinda hoping they wouldn't go the "Jimmy fucked his mom" route, but they did. Gross. They better wrap this season up decently.

that relationship was always kind of hinky - (she comes on to just about every guy, makes me think if I was there I'd have half a shot)
so that is the device they used to explain why Jimmy quit college and went to war
I am sure Nucky thinks he blew a great opportunity for no good reason.

You dont think what the Commodore did to her didn't completely fuck her up in the first place? I was pretty sure something like this had happened or was going to happen, makes me understand Jimmy's perspective a lot more.

Also, Van Alden on the run is awesome.

Yes, the Commodore raping her when she was 13 was definitely worse than her fucking her son. Obviously, this kind of fucked her up in the head.

Van Alden deciding to run off was awesome too. Where the Hell could he possibly go? :huh:

You dont think what the Commodore did to her didn't completely fuck her up in the first place?

Oh, clearly! That's why I used the plural individuals. She still makes me sick though.

Yes, the Commodore raping her when she was 13 was definitely worse than her fucking her son.

What??? :huh:

Not that there's degrees of wrong in non-consensual sex (and truly, him being close to minor age or just out of it and shitfaced is hardly consensual, just as she couldn't have formed consent at 13), but this statement of yours is just flat out wrong. I'm hoping this is sarcasm. Are you serious??

Unless of course the Commodore is related to her, her fucking her own flesh and blood - her SON - is about as bad as it gets. She could only have topped it by fucking him at a younger age.

Not all rape victims go on to lust after their own fucking children. Jesus christ.

Simmer down, Gvox. It's a tv show. Not like it matters, but Jimmy should be at least 18 when he's in college. He wasn't raped by his mother. Yes she seduced him, but he sure went along for the ride. Obviously, they both felt badly after it happened. That's why she didn't stick around to make him breakfast in the morning. He beat the shit out of his professor, so more than likely, he was gonna get kicked out of school anyway. With no place to turn, the military was one of his few choices as what to do next.

And, yes for the record:

Rape is bad.
Incest is bad.

But an 18 year old willingly fucking his 31 year old mother is not rape.

That ending was something for sure. I agree with deep. Jimmy had to go. He was pretty much a dumbass who sided with the wrong people.

yes, for the writing to be legit, how could he ever trust him again,

as for Eli, at least he came to Nucky and begged, something to think about

and to be honest, I remember who was for Nucky being killed or not, I do believe Jimmy was all in, Eli, I don't recall.

yes, for the writing to be legit, how could he ever trust him again,

as for Eli, at least he came to Nucky and begged, something to think about

and to be honest, I remember who was for Nucky being killed or not, I do believe Jimmy was all in, Eli, I don't recall.

Well Eli suffers from a bad case of Fredo Syndrome, so Nucky probably won't ever fully trust him again.

I cannot remember either. It's been bugging me but I'm too busy to go back and find (and watch) that episode. But I think you're right.

I'm just sad because I loved Jimmy and his wife as characters and wasn't prepared for them to be gone. Michael Pitt was amazing this season.

Now I remember. Thanks.

I hope they have somebody as good as Pitt lined up for next season.

Back
Top Bottom