Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M.K. Williams is playing an up and coming criminal boss in the show that's as much as I know, I'm sure his being black and a rival to Nucky in the time period will be causes for obvious tension later on.

I don't see how this vehicle will permit as wide and rewarding a part for Omar as The Wire.

You are right. They're not going to top Omar. Or even come close, really. That's impossible.

But as long as he is a somewhat significant character and maybe, just maybe, gets to shoot people with guns, it's going to be awesome.

I need to go back and watch the last 15 minutes, since I flipped over to Mad Men at 10.

Oh, and the actress who played Jimmy's wife was gorgeous.

the last 15 minutes are kind of important.

didn't comcast give you a dvr or do they charge an arm and a leg for that feature?

I did DVR it as I watched because I knew I'd need to go back and watch the last 15 minutes. I wanted to watch Mad Men as it aired and not DVR that one.

gotcha

I stay up to 1 am, watching everything the same day.

(there are about 6 hours of T V I want to watch tonight)

Most of what I'm watching these days, I watch as it airs. I have the regulars pre-programmed on my DVR in case I have to miss it, or in case there's something else I just would rather do that night. (which is when I start questioning if I should keep watching the show!)

I much prefer to watch stuff as it actually airs. I don't know what it is, the feeling of watching it live and sharing it with the millions of other people watching? I just like the experience better. But it doesn't always work out that way. I don't even have HBO, so I'll never watch anything on that channel live.

I'm also afraid of technology. DVR and I are not best friends, just sort of acquaintances.

Yeah, dvrs can be finicky IMO. I usually add 5 min on both the front and the end of a program when I go into set up the series to record, just in case and for the reason I just stated..I have had it cut off the end of shows numerous times and realized if I add time I can eliminate this from happening.

I was going old school with a VCR up until about a year or so ago, when I finally upgraded to digital cable and a DVR.

I have no idea how I lived so long without it.

I don't see how this vehicle will permit as wide and rewarding a part for Omar as The Wire.

In a 1920's Atlantic City black Americans would have been marginalized.

But, who knows.

Did you watch the 'making of' that they showed right afterward? Looks like his character is going to have a lot of respect and hold his own with the white bosses.

This is HBO's new thing, ordering 2nd seasons of shows after only the pilot, they did that for Treme. I don't doubt BE will last, but it has to be highly expensive, seems kind of rash. However, the only thing they'll really get down to before seeing ratings for the whole season is writing, so not a complete risk I guess.

I love it! I was really surprised by the ending of this week's episode. I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I kind of like seeing Margaret's not so sweet and innocent side. The reason she went Agent Psycho wasn't because of the alcohol but because of Nucky's rejection initially.

Back
Top Bottom