Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe he (the 'young Nucky' actor) wouldn't look like the original without those prostheses.

Wow, the death toll is mounting. Basically every non-historical character is on borrowed time.

I thought for sure that kid under the boardwalk was going to be Mickey Doyle, but no.

Kind of a downer ending to the series, but I suppose Nucky getting killed was the way to go. After feeding Gillian to the Commodore in order to become Sheriff, he deserved his fate. Capone saying goodbye to his son was also a touching moment.

Capone was the best part of the finale. I didn't expect that. But I always liked his scenes with his son and this was no exception. :up:

I agree with critics that it was the weakest season, mostly because the flashback stuff added nothing while the present day events were all extremely rushed. The flashback stuff would have been great had they not already told us about a lot of things earlier in the series (the Darmody stuff, the fact that Nucky's dad would beat him, etc.)

Still, one of the best shows ever made on a technical level and one of the most underrated of this era. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Agreed. Enjoyed all of it. The final season was probably the weakest but still I'm not complaining. After watching the debacle that was Dexter's last season, I doubt any final season will ever seem that bad again.

The last three seasons of Dexter were the sort of mistake that puts any failings of Boardwalk Empire in the shade. It's like comparing a car crash with a stubbed toe.

Love it to bits.

Finally got caught up this weekend (watched the last 5 episodes of the season in one sitting). I'm sad to see the series end, but I sure did enjoy it from start to finish.

I enjoyed it for the most part, felt a little rushed but it kind of was given how short the season was.

I couldn't really see any way that Nucky was going to live so his death was not surprising, the fact that the kid was Tommy Darmody was kind of lazy but it did wrap that whole thing up I guess...

Boardwalk empire?

500px-And_its_gone_original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom