Boardwalk Empire....New HBO Series. - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Love the Van Alden and Eli adventure team.

Ok so I know nothing about any future episodes but based on the two we've seen, I had this idea about where things could be heading. It's just an idea based on the flashbacks and the current things happening, but who knows... Nothing spoilery in here, but in case anyone doesn't even want to see possible end game theories I'll put it here:

What if Jimmy really was Nucky's son. I know that's been dismissed before, but still what if. If Jillian plans to tell him this, that would be pretty much the best revenge anyone could get on him, for him to know he murdered his son. It's possible that because of the Commodore having a hold on the both of them when they were young, who knows, they may have even been in love. I know it's probably a longshot, but it's just based on 2 episodes in.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:01 AM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:16 PM
I really doubt Jimmy was Nucky's son, there's never been the slightest hint or foreshadowing of anything remotely like that. Nucky and Gillian as two victims (in different ways) of the Commodore, sure.

Also, spoiler alert: they end Prohibition.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #213
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
I really doubt Jimmy was Nucky's son, there's never been the slightest hint or foreshadowing of anything remotely like that. Nucky and Gillian as two victims (in different ways) of the Commodore, sure.

Also, spoiler alert: they end Prohibition.
The victim part is what made me think of it. Two victims finding some escape from that with each other. And I remember early on questioning the possibility of it, but for some reason I thought they dismissed it, I just don't remember how or the details. Anyway, it was just one of those random thoughts that float by while you're watching the episode.

Any ideas about this episodes opener scene?
Old 09-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I can't remember this episode's opening scene. I mean, I remember the episode and all, how does it start again?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Thumbs Up

Interesting third episode. Quite the scenario with Chalky. Love the Nucky flashback stuff.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #216
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I can't remember this episode's opening scene. I mean, I remember the episode and all, how does it start again?
Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. It was a weird swirly sequence with frying fish among other things, then the camera backed out from Eli's ear.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh ah, yes, it all comes back now, it opened on a gramophone speaker and Eli watching a booze bust down in the courtyard below. Poor, fucked Eli.

Now, third episode in and if this were any other show I suppose I'd be irritated, but I don't even mind if we just totter on like this to the finish line. It's such an interesting wormhole of a show.

The phrase 'character arc' ought to be banned from discussions about tv shows. It's a bit of wannabe-screenwriter jargon. Do you have a character arc, guys? Or are you just trying to survive.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That sucked about Sally. I guess this leaves Nucky more "available" for Margaret.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

They're basically divorced in all but name, so I'm not sure what 'available' would entail in this instance.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Though nipples might be involved.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
They're basically divorced in all but name, so I'm not sure what 'available' would entail in this instance.
Well, Nucky ain't gonna be fucking Sally anymore because she's living impaired. Now he's "available" to fuck Margaret, but we know Nucky isn't a one woman kind of guy.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

He's shown little sign of much activity at all on that front, and of course this is seven years later now, so he might be getting a little worn down by life, and Joe Kennedy.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

The way I read it is that he genuinely cares for her, and to just let her stay at his place would confirm to her that all he wanted to do is jump her bones. He did seem sincere when asking about the children.

This season has been really good, the back story about his childhood with The Cornelle and his own father has been handled well. I do see him dying in the last episode. The lady in the asylum has every reason to do it.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
The way I read it is that he genuinely cares for her, and to just let her stay at his place would confirm to her that all he wanted to do is jump her bones. He did seem sincere when asking about the children.

This season has been really good, the back story about his childhood with The Cornelle and his own father has been handled well. I do see him dying in the last episode. The lady in the asylum has every reason to do it.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. It's amazing how much this show has fallen off the radar but it's no disgrace, never has been. In fact I'd go so far as to call it an embarrassment of riches.

I think the Nucky/Margaret thing is more of a sparring kinda-sorta-kinda friendship (kinda) at this point. Doubt there is any erotic feeling to speak of, and even if there was... too much history there.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:00 AM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think the final episode is going to involve that oh-so-fine redhead confronting Nucky and we'll see the flashback to when she's raped by the Cornell Colonel Cornelle or whatever the fuck he's called. Nucky was obviously there at the time and I thought one episode even hinted that he might have had his way with her (I think some character insinuated that...)

I mean, all the other plotlines are leading to a head and intertwining with one another. I don't think they're just going to have Gillian break out or kill herself. She's going to end up back in a scene with Nucky in Atlantic City. No doubt. Nucky didn't stop her from getting raped (which will likely be the last flashblack) and later killed the son from the rape which made her go crazy and kill the lookalike...