Bill Maher appreciation....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone catch Friday's show with Harold Ford Jr., Sean Penn, and Garry Shandling as panelists? Transcripts aren't up yet on HBO's site. Great episode, and Sean Penn :up: (Re: stating that they should all go to fucking jail, and he named them too). :yes:

OMG, that whole bit was nuts. Bill looked really embarrassed-here he is trying to have a civil discussion with these guests and then these guys show up. While I'm no fan of that 9/11 conspiracy, either, it would be something interesting to discuss-but I was just happy to have those guys shut up after a while. There's a way to get one's point across without being obnoxious about it.

But it got dealt with, so yay. I liked the lady who was the guest-she had some great ideas regarding the troops and stuff, and that Russian man who was interviewed was pretty interesting, too. I always love it when he talks to people from other countries. It's nice to hear another perspective on how we're handling things.

Angela

That was Garry Kasparov (Russian guy) :up:
And as Chris Matthews pointed out, he spoke very smartly and even with an accent and the whole audience was attentive and following along intently. Now if only our elected officials could do the same, and not talk down to us, as he was saying they do. :huh:

And I didn't watch the whole clip since I saw the show on Friday night. There was more than one "heckler" there.

Lila64 said:
That was Garry Kasparov (Russian guy) :up:
And as Chris Matthews pointed out, he spoke very smartly and even with an accent and the whole audience was attentive and following along intently. Now if only our elected officials could do the same, and not talk down to us, as he was saying they do. :huh:

Thank you for the name-I couldn't quite remember how it was spelled :).

Chris Matthews is absolutely right. Kasparov was way more eloquent than our own president (that recent speech of Bush's where he was talking about World War 3 was just painful to listen to-he sounded like he didn't have the first clue as to what the hell he was saying). Kasparov had respect for his audience, which is way more than I can say for our administration.

Lila64 said:
And I didn't watch the whole clip since I saw the show on Friday night. There was more than one "heckler" there.

Yeah, they needed security a couple of times, from what I recall.

Angela

Real Time With Bill Maher returns live tonight. Check your local listings. :hyper:

It was pretty good. PJ O'Rourke and Matt Taibbi were hilarious, as was Maher's "Caucus Me" film.

Larry King Live at 9:00 p.m. ET
on Monday, February 4, 2008

CNN Tonight: Bill Maher!

Bill Maher is always outrageous and always outspoken!
He takes on the economy, politics and Super Tuesday.
Is there any topic he won’t tackle?
Bill Maher for the hour!
Plus, your calls and emails.

Tonight only on Larry King Live!

Visit http://www.cnn.com/larryking and e-mail us your
questions for tonight’s guest.

Crap, I forgot. But thanks for the reminder. I've set the DVR for the repeat.

He talked a lot about tomorrow, obviously. Thinks Obama will be the nominee. Spoke really nicely about John Edwards.

I'm watching this last week's Real Time with BM episode now and then watching Larry King next.

I'm on Bill Overload! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom