Big Brother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I thought we had a BB thread. Anyone watching?

I love that James is back. He's hilarious :lol:

The UK version when it was originally on Channel 4 was far and away the best Big Brother program ever made. Their casting was on point and rarely was it anything but massively entertaining.

This American season is basically ruined by the dozens of twists put in place to protect the returning players. If you take a moment to think about, it's pretty obvious. From the teams that are immune if someone wins HOH, siblings of past players put into the house, voted out players competing to get back in, Road Kill twist that means the opposing minority in the house needs to win both HOH and that challenge in order to make sure it's all veterans on the block, etc. In fact, it's so terrible that some of these HOH challenges have situations where the team decides who gets to be HOH which means it will never be anybody not in that returning player alliance because they have a majority on every team...

Literally, a screwed up season and I imagine Frank and Co. will just sit on their umpteen advantages and coast to the end. :doh:

True, there are way too many twists. I was happy when I found out there would only be 2 nominees, then they threw the road kill twist in there. I still love it though. James makes the show lol.

The twists wouldn't really be an issue for me if they just didn't have the returning players. An unbreakable foursome right out of the gate along with people inclined to join them (siblings and fans) makes it too easy for them to utilize the twists to effectively put a lock on the game. Had it been sixteen newbies, I would have appreciated all of this stuff a lot more.

Word is that rifts are starting to form among the returning players because they each want to target each other's side deals...with players like Tiffany becoming a target and Da'Vonne and Frank supposedly putting the cross hairs on each other. Frankly, it would be stupid for the returning players to throw away a good thing and not just coast to the end together. But I would certainly appreciate it if they did.

Big Brother 13 would have ended up just being a newbie slaughter-fest had Daniele Donato not decided to jump ship even though it wasn't in her best interest to do so. Unfortunately, modern players are just too game savvy and realize all the risks and little reward that would entail.

Future seasons should just have two returning players apiece. Put them in there as regular players. They're not an imposing number since there's only two of them. They also had the right idea this season with putting in four players that weren't considered greats at this game the first time around. So, stick to just a couple of people that were bad at the game the first time and the rest of the house won't be intimidated by their presence.

I liked Tiffany at first but man she is JUST like her sister :lol:
The crying, the paranoia... she better chill or she's gonna end up going tomorrow.

I like Natalie.

Pretty cool that Bridgette won HOH, too. One of the more unlikely HOH winners I can remember.

Yeahhhhhhh, Natalie is easily my favorite this year. She's not gonna win the whole thing but I hope she makes a long run.

I watch UK BB every summer (watch celeb BB too). Im not keen on all the shit stirring tasks they are been given.
I dont feel the housemates have been that great a mix, or particuarly memorable this year

Well, BB18 has definitely improved for the better. As I said before, it's not wise for the returning players to target each other, but I'm very pleased that they're doing so. :up:

Frank was atrocious his first time around and I laughed out loud at the start of this season when he said he would rely on his great social game. :lol: I've loved this week's bizarre plot-line where he's basically made Bridgette his Stockholm Syndrome captive, even nearly breaking her ankle for dramatic effect. :lol:

Natalie is probably the most attractive woman that's ever been on BB US. Like, everybody has their own preferences and such, but Natalie is the most across-the-board hot where there's no guy in this country that wouldn't be absolutely stoked to have a night with her. She's also sweet as hell and you've got to love her relationship with James (who I can begrudgingly admit is television gold, same for Da'Vonne and Nicole).

Also, why is there a clone of Nicole in the house in the first place? So pointless.

I watch UK BB every summer (watch celeb BB too). I'm not keen on all the shit stirring tasks they are been given.
I don't feel the housemates have been that great a mix, or particularly memorable this year

I don't know if you're into the American-style, but Nikki Grahame was a contestant on Big Brother Canada this season and left quite the impression (as usual).

Casting is how these shows live-or-die and BBUK basically let it all go downhill in their final year at Channel 4, only salvaging things with a solid All Star edition to cap it all off. If you cast boring people or people that the audience can tell aren't more than a five-minute gimmick, it catches up to you pretty quickly on a show where people basically sit around in a house for 80 days. I've heard the show has had some great installments over on Channel 5, but that it's far more miss than hit lately.

Last edited:
Well, that's a real HOH bind if there ever was one. He can't go after the dictator and his cabbage patch kid because they're on the same team, so... :hmm:

Wow. So that Glenn guy went out Day 2 and he'd be coming back in next Friday, Day 38. Thirty six days to wait around in some hotel or whatever just for a 1-in-5 shot to come back in...and it's a much worse than 1-in-5 shot given his age, the alpha-males he will have to compete quickly against, etc. Basically, it's near impossible for him to get through all four competitions and make it back into the game.

Then he would have to try and get far in a game where he has no social relationships or in-game knowledge (and production would have to ignore five weeks of the show in their Q&A competitions in order to be fair). And even if he were to spring from the remaining twelve and make it to the finals (a huge uphill climb), he's rightfully doomed to $50,000 since he already lost the game once.

I would just friggin' leave. We also don't even know if the competitions are just going to be single elimination or if they're going to be match-ups that are head-to-head based on the order you were evicted. If it's the latter, then he's royally screwed.

On Survivor, Redemption Island meant like two weeks in the dirt at most and greatly increasing your prize money every time you stayed in the game because you'd eventually be leaving at a much higher placement. So, you could go out first in the merge where the prize would be like $35,000 and battle back to fourth place in the game and go home with $75,000. That's a huge incentive to stick around. Whereas Big Brother is giving you another shot to basically go home with more stipend money (like $1,000 a week or whatever it happens to be).

Last edited:
Yeah the Battle Back is very flawed.

But last night was a particularly good episode of Big Brother. Very exciting flip of the vote from Tiff to Bronte...Tiff's speech was ridiculous... the way the whole house followed Frank into the bathroom after the live eviction. And Bronte handled her eviction as well as she possibly could have.

I'm just worried now that our girl Nat will be one of the targets this week.

It wouldn't really accomplish much at this point. I think a lot of players really need to worry about Corey & Nicole at this point although I doubt Paulie will do anything about it given his connection with Corey.

I'm really liking this season even if all the showmancing is real annoying. Corey and Nicole still need to get broken up and I can't stand her entitled attitude (literally in tears tonight when suggested she go up as a pawn).

In terrible news, Frankie Grande of BB16 is now playing Celebrity Big Brother over in the UK. :down:

Which absolutely blows because she was a terrible player that literally spent the first two months of the game just sitting in a bed with Corey giving him handjobs. Paul probably would have toasted her had he not been such of a dick to some of the women. But he was fucked over anyway with the jury votes since Paulie has two votes (Zakiyah is his lap dog) and is a real life friend with Nicole via his brother and Derrick.

Nicole is the worst winner ever, all things considered. Immense rigging at the start of the season to keep the returning players in the game, a built-in alliance with three other returning players along with sibling connections to two more, etc. Bleh.

i am. kinda skipped the last two seasons due to lack of cable television and lots of summer sports to watch but this year i've been streaming it. still pretty undecided how i feel about this season so far.

Kevin turned me off in the beginning for taking the very first temptation, but he's pretty legit and I love his accent.

I like Alex too.. and the silver fox :love: however he needs to get his own brain, like some of the other followers.

They're stupid if they let Paul run this show again.

Yeah. It's wild. Josh is kind of hilarious. I am dying for the house to turn on Paul and evict him soon but it's probably not gonna happen. It's too bad he got that very first America's vote pendant or else he would have been gone week one.

I also don't like Raven nearly as much as I did based on my superficial first impressions that I posted earlier in the thread. Still love Kevin, though.

yea i've completely changed my position on alex as well. she's absolutely awful. seemed like she'd be a smart player going in but she's playing like a sheep and acting like she's queen shit for it. ugh.

i still like christmas a lot but she probably shouldn't have been allowed to stay in. she's basically guaranteed to get dragged to the final 3 at this point because she's no threat at all in most competitions. it woulda been great to see her actually able to compete at full throttle because she would have been a comp beast. hopefully they bring her back next year when she's recovered and has a chance to actually play.

i've also come around to elena. didn't like her much at first but she's grown on me the last few weeks, she has a good social game and i like that she was aware enough to dump mark once she realized that the showmance was going to fuck up her game. the fact that she's not shy about going around topless in front of the cameras on the live feeds probably doesn't hurt, either.

at this point i think the only thing standing between paul and the $500k might be if kevin can organize something, he seems to be the only one who sees what's going on and not just blindly doing his bidding. i really like him and his game so far, hopefully the double eviction this week shakes things up and he gets a chance to make a move.

These people are so stupid. Someone needs to grow some balls and make a move against Paul.

Josh is annoying but kinda funny with the whole pots and pans thing. I love me some good drama.

Oh ya, who's the dude with the salt and pepper hair anyway? I think he's said 2 words this whole season :lol:

That double eviction really pissed me off. A double eviction is one of the best opportunities all summer for a true blindside to occur. For those lower on the totem pole to take out one of the players in control. And it didn't happen. Just status quo shit. Paul and his followers mop up and evict Elena. Soooooo lame.

We needed either Mark or Elena to win that HOH. I honestly think they would have put up Paul and Alex and then it would have been very possible that one of them got sent home. Oh well.

We need Mark to win this next HOH. Put up Paul and Alex. Win veto, keep the noms the same, and send Paul's ass packing.

I had also really grown to like Elena, and I felt bad for her because she got nervous and froze up and TOTALLY butchered her first speech. That was awful. Probably the most awkward speech stumble I've ever seen on this show.

yea they really fucking blew it. apparently they all decided that playing for 2nd place is fine. watching the HOH when nobody was picking paul so that he wouldn't be eliminated...they're handing this to him on a platter :angry:

best part of the episode for me was a tie between elena's horrible speech or cody's fast exit across the coffee table. if reddit is anything to go by cody probably has a shot at winning america's favorite player - i think currently it's a toss up between him and kevin.

the instant mark won the veto he and elena should have been hammering on the idea of backdooring paul. worst case scenario (nobody flips) elena leaves and mark either wins HOH or is the biggest target of the week anyways. i think it's definitely likely that kevin would have gone along with that move, and matt/raven/christmas potentially could have been flipped too with a promise to let them keep floating in safety for another week. that would have been the votes they needed right there and a solid alliance to take them to final four/five. but nope, paul just gets to be perma-HOH cause they're all spineless idiots.

really hoping mark wins HOH, or kevin. otherwise we're in for a dull week.

in case you guys weren't aware btw there is a special episode tonight for the HOH comp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom