Big Brother - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Big Brother

I thought we had a BB thread. Anyone watching?

I love that James is back. He's hilarious

Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'm actually watching the UK version too.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:45 AM
The UK version when it was originally on Channel 4 was far and away the best Big Brother program ever made. Their casting was on point and rarely was it anything but massively entertaining.

This American season is basically ruined by the dozens of twists put in place to protect the returning players. If you take a moment to think about, it's pretty obvious. From the teams that are immune if someone wins HOH, siblings of past players put into the house, voted out players competing to get back in, Road Kill twist that means the opposing minority in the house needs to win both HOH and that challenge in order to make sure it's all veterans on the block, etc. In fact, it's so terrible that some of these HOH challenges have situations where the team decides who gets to be HOH which means it will never be anybody not in that returning player alliance because they have a majority on every team...

Literally, a screwed up season and I imagine Frank and Co. will just sit on their umpteen advantages and coast to the end.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

True, there are way too many twists. I was happy when I found out there would only be 2 nominees, then they threw the road kill twist in there. I still love it though. James makes the show lol.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The twists wouldn't really be an issue for me if they just didn't have the returning players. An unbreakable foursome right out of the gate along with people inclined to join them (siblings and fans) makes it too easy for them to utilize the twists to effectively put a lock on the game. Had it been sixteen newbies, I would have appreciated all of this stuff a lot more.

Word is that rifts are starting to form among the returning players because they each want to target each other's side deals...with players like Tiffany becoming a target and Da'Vonne and Frank supposedly putting the cross hairs on each other. Frankly, it would be stupid for the returning players to throw away a good thing and not just coast to the end together. But I would certainly appreciate it if they did.

Big Brother 13 would have ended up just being a newbie slaughter-fest had Daniele Donato not decided to jump ship even though it wasn't in her best interest to do so. Unfortunately, modern players are just too game savvy and realize all the risks and little reward that would entail.

Future seasons should just have two returning players apiece. Put them in there as regular players. They're not an imposing number since there's only two of them. They also had the right idea this season with putting in four players that weren't considered greats at this game the first time around. So, stick to just a couple of people that were bad at the game the first time and the rest of the house won't be intimidated by their presence.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I'm watching!

I'll try to come back at some point soon and post some thoughts.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I liked Tiffany at first but man she is JUST like her sister
The crying, the paranoia... she better chill or she's gonna end up going tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:22 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I like Natalie.

Pretty cool that Bridgette won HOH, too. One of the more unlikely HOH winners I can remember.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:11 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Yeahhhhhhh, Natalie is easily my favorite this year. She's not gonna win the whole thing but I hope she makes a long run.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:45 AM
I watch UK BB every summer (watch celeb BB too). Im not keen on all the shit stirring tasks they are been given.
I dont feel the housemates have been that great a mix, or particuarly memorable this year
Old 07-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, BB18 has definitely improved for the better. As I said before, it's not wise for the returning players to target each other, but I'm very pleased that they're doing so.

Frank was atrocious his first time around and I laughed out loud at the start of this season when he said he would rely on his great social game. I've loved this week's bizarre plot-line where he's basically made Bridgette his Stockholm Syndrome captive, even nearly breaking her ankle for dramatic effect.

Natalie is probably the most attractive woman that's ever been on BB US. Like, everybody has their own preferences and such, but Natalie is the most across-the-board hot where there's no guy in this country that wouldn't be absolutely stoked to have a night with her. She's also sweet as hell and you've got to love her relationship with James (who I can begrudgingly admit is television gold, same for Da'Vonne and Nicole).

Also, why is there a clone of Nicole in the house in the first place? So pointless.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
I watch UK BB every summer (watch celeb BB too). I'm not keen on all the shit stirring tasks they are been given.
I don't feel the housemates have been that great a mix, or particularly memorable this year
I don't know if you're into the American-style, but Nikki Grahame was a contestant on Big Brother Canada this season and left quite the impression (as usual).

Casting is how these shows live-or-die and BBUK basically let it all go downhill in their final year at Channel 4, only salvaging things with a solid All Star edition to cap it all off. If you cast boring people or people that the audience can tell aren't more than a five-minute gimmick, it catches up to you pretty quickly on a show where people basically sit around in a house for 80 days. I've heard the show has had some great installments over on Channel 5, but that it's far more miss than hit lately.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:40 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, that's a real HOH bind if there ever was one. He can't go after the dictator and his cabbage patch kid because they're on the same team, so...
Old 07-15-2016, 12:01 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Wow. So that Glenn guy went out Day 2 and he'd be coming back in next Friday, Day 38. Thirty six days to wait around in some hotel or whatever just for a 1-in-5 shot to come back in...and it's a much worse than 1-in-5 shot given his age, the alpha-males he will have to compete quickly against, etc. Basically, it's near impossible for him to get through all four competitions and make it back into the game.

Then he would have to try and get far in a game where he has no social relationships or in-game knowledge (and production would have to ignore five weeks of the show in their Q&A competitions in order to be fair). And even if he were to spring from the remaining twelve and make it to the finals (a huge uphill climb), he's rightfully doomed to $50,000 since he already lost the game once.

I would just friggin' leave. We also don't even know if the competitions are just going to be single elimination or if they're going to be match-ups that are head-to-head based on the order you were evicted. If it's the latter, then he's royally screwed.

On Survivor, Redemption Island meant like two weeks in the dirt at most and greatly increasing your prize money every time you stayed in the game because you'd eventually be leaving at a much higher placement. So, you could go out first in the merge where the prize would be like $35,000 and battle back to fourth place in the game and go home with $75,000. That's a huge incentive to stick around. Whereas Big Brother is giving you another shot to basically go home with more stipend money (like $1,000 a week or whatever it happens to be).
Old 07-15-2016, 04:00 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah the Battle Back is very flawed.

But last night was a particularly good episode of Big Brother. Very exciting flip of the vote from Tiff to Bronte...Tiff's speech was ridiculous... the way the whole house followed Frank into the bathroom after the live eviction. And Bronte handled her eviction as well as she possibly could have.

I'm just worried now that our girl Nat will be one of the targets this week.