Big Brother 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
This show is always one of my summer addictions. I never miss an episode.

I actually kinda like this new batch of houseguests, although I've only seen the first 8 as I am working until 10 tonight and won't catch the second episode until I get home a bit later.

Except Paola, she's insufferable, the rest of them seem ok though. I really like Donny and I think he's probably going to fly under the radar, if living in the house doesn't crack him up then I think the others will underestimate his intelligence as he seems like he might have a brain for this. I also like Nicole, she's a weirdo but in a very cute way that reminds me a lot of my wife. Plus she looks great with those glasses on, and I give a hearty thumbs up to chicks who rock glasses with confidence.

The women's alliance is going to go down the exact same road as all the other womens' alliances in the past (aka they'll completely hate each other by week 2), as will this stupid "Crazy Eights" dealio. It barely worked for a few weeks on Big Brother Canada as the First Five and even then only because two of the members were immediately targeted and the alliance had to work together. It also had five people in it which probably helped avoid members straying off to other side alliances, at least until the horrendous "Canada chooses the nominees" twist that took out the only truly interesting players in the game and left us with a bunch of boring air heads.

Paola isn't likable, but she's great for television and that's all that really matters. My only hope for shows like this are that the entertaining people stay on longer so I'm amused, so I hope she sticks around. Her lack of a filter is great.

It's interesting that you mention the First Five alliance from BB Canada and I was getting the same vibes from this First Eight...it'll be a shame if the season really devolves into a two team battle right away (or is controlled by an alliance that walked in before everyone else) and I think it was outright stupid of CBS to let half the cast bond with each other and form alliances before the others - potentially huge advantage.

The Battle of the Block twist is kind of great because it forces each of the HOHs to put up the weakest players in the house, hoping that the two they put up will lose that competition and remain the nominees. This show has always suffered in the past from people throwing challenges and trying to appear useless (or just actually being useless), so now most of those awful players will have to sweat it out rather than inherit the endgame like they did last season.

Yes I like the twist also. You're right in that it offers a chance for stronger players to save themselves rather than having a situation where the entire house gangs up to prevent one person from winning the POV and having a boring week where the eviction is a done deal the minute nominations are made.

One thing I like about the US version that BB Canada doesn't do is to generally get rid if the twists that completely alter how the game is played after a few weeks, and just let's them play under normal rules after the twist has had its effect. They did that with the MVP twist, and the coaches as well.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm watching, I watch these most of the time. I skipped last season. I have never seen Canada's, only US. I know these are popular in other countries too.

This new season seems to off to a decent start with a good cast. My TWC has midnight to 2 am after dark on a TVGN channel I never heard of before. I will DVR it and check Jokers to see if there is some big drama before I delete or record over it.

ETA

this seems kind of funny, weird. But HOH Caleb seems to imagining a Showmance with the hot girl Amber.

from Jokers Updates

Caleb says Amber uses the house as an excuse to not hang out with him but even if they were in a showmance, they still have the numbers, and it wouldn't change anything because the house already accuses them of being in a showmance. Frankie says Amber will figure it out.

Sat 5:20 AM BBT Caleb says everyone already knows how Amber feels about him, so why doesn't she just go for it. NT -

Frankie is worried about Amber rebuffing Caleb (he says theres 95% chance) and he thinks Caleb may go crazy.

It's official, I'm in love with Nicole. She is far too cute, and seems like she actually has a brain. I am firmly in favour of the Christine/Nicole alliance :cute:

And Devin is an absolute idiot, and not long for the game. Same with Caleb, he obviously hasn't watched the show much if at all because if he knew anything about Big Brother he would know not to make himself such an obvious and huge threat, and be cocky about it this early in the game. Good riddance.

I don't think Caleb is necessarily screwed for being strong...the other players in his alliance wanted to align with strong people in order to get themselves further. If I were playing BB, I'd make a run with the biggest threats once the jury stage began. You could easily trample the people that are awful at competitions and then let everyone go after the obvious targets once you have to turn on each other. A lot of players have stupidly taken out the big threats week-after-week only to watch themselves become the number one target...that's what happened last year when Amanda/Helen gutted members of their own alliance instead of targeting the duds that eventually took over the house.

Devin's an absolutely horrid player, but it's fun to watch him do outright random things like adding two women to the alliance in the middle of the night without asking anybody. :lol:

Paola is awful, so annoying. I like Frankie. Wondering how nobody knows who he is. And the rock guy is going to be going soon. He's too all over the place and paranoid.

I don't think Caleb is necessarily screwed for being strong...the other players in his alliance wanted to align with strong people in order to get themselves further.

He's screwed because he's showing off about it and doesn't care to back off and not be the center of attention. All it will take for him to go now is for one of an alliance of two or three decently-connected people to become HoH and nominate him alongside a pawn. The vote would be unanimous, because I don't think the Bomb Squad (ugh) has any loyalty to each other now that the whole thing has been blown up be Devin.

If I were playing BB, I'd make a run with the biggest threats once the jury stage began. You could easily trample the people that are awful at competitions and then let everyone go after the obvious targets once you have to turn on each other. A lot of players have stupidly taken out the big threats week-after-week only to watch themselves become the number one target...that's what happened last year when Amanda/Helen gutted members of their own alliance instead of targeting the duds that eventually took over the house.

The opposite happened to Britney in season 12, she aligned with the Brigade (Lane specifically but she did it fully knowing that he was with the others), and they dominated the last eight weeks or so, and as soon as she had to compete for herself she was a goner because she was up against a majority bloc.

If I were ever to play Big Brother my number one rule would be: When you have a chance to take out a power player who is not in your primary alliance, you take it even if they are in your secondary alliance (unless it's in the first 4 weeks).

Devin's an absolutely horrid player, but it's fun to watch him do outright random things like adding two women to the alliance in the middle of the night without asking anybody. :lol:

Every now and then they cast someone who knows nothing about the show and ends up succeeding, like Jon did on BB Canada this year. On the flip side, there is Devin. :doh: If I were in the Bomb Squad he would instantly be my number one target, because he either can't be trusted if he's so forthright with information (he's shown to the viewers that he's completely disloyal to anyone), or he's so dumb that he's bound to do something to destroy MY game sooner or later.

Paola is awful, so annoying. I like Frankie. Wondering how nobody knows who he is. And the rock guy is going to be going soon. He's too all over the place and paranoid.

I would never connect Frankie and his sister in a million years with only his last name and the fact that he has a sister to go on. It's easy and obvious for us viewers but with no outside frame of reference for me it would be impossible to figure out (nor would I even be wondering it in the first place).

About 70% of the time Paola's insufferable, and then 30% of the time she tones it down and is actually pretty normal. If she drops the "I'm from NYC" tough-kid act and relaxes then I won't mind her sticking around. Now, that being said...(don't click the spoiler button if you don't want to know what's going to happen tonight)

she's staying for sure. Donny won POV and took himself off the block, Joey went up in his place and is going home for sure. She completely went off the deep end this week and is just as bad at BB as Devin. So much for the "Team America" thing :shrug: It'll be interesting to see if the new HOH takes the easy route and nominates Paola or is this the week Devin gets nominated and all that andro he took when he was playing ball (obv) comes out in a highly-entertaining rage.

Devin might be my least favorite player in BB history. God damn he is absurd. Can't read people, paranoid, bad strategist, and he lies in a bad way. Everyone lies, but he just does it in a way that makes me hate him so much. Fuck him. Seriously.

I too really like Nicole and Christine. Also Amber is super hot.

Also Amber is super hot.

bigbrother_s16_amber_bikini_1200_article_story_large.jpg

Amber is definitely a smoke show. I'm a fan of Brittany too, and Victoria could be hot as well if it wasn't for her being a smug bitch all the time. If you have to constantly tell everyone around you that you're the hottest chick in the room, you're automatically NOT the hottest chick in the room. And of course I've made my feelings about Nicole clear earlier. She's still my #1. :love:

Nicole has a more stereotypical Canadian accent than 99.9% of Canadians I've ever met.

And WOW Joey is terrible at Big Brother, like stunningly bad. Really strange too, other than Aaryn getting the full-on Chenbot Smackdown that had to have been one of the most awkward exit interviews I've ever seen :| thankfully she was able to crack at least one funny joke.

This week is going to be insufferable with Devin as HoH. He is so convinced that he runs everything and everybody in the house is listening and doing exactly what he says that it's going to be even worse now that he decides the nominees. Little does he know his fate is already sealed the minute a non-"Bomb Squad" (what a stupid alliance name) member wins HoH. At least that will be fun to watch, hopefully next week.

Oh, forgot to add to my last post, has anyone else noticed Frankie dancing in the background of the "Problem" video?

I finally noticed once I was able to stop looking at Ariana :drool:

Speaking of Frankie, him and Zach are cuddling all the time in the house, spooning on the couch, arms around each other, etc. First BB (US) gay showmance? It's about time :up:

Devin might be my least favorite player in BB history. God damn he is absurd. Can't read people, paranoid, bad strategist, and he lies in a bad way. Everyone lies, but he just does it in a way that makes me hate him so much. Fuck him. Seriously.

I agree with every word you said. I cannot stand this guy, what the hell is wrong with him. :rant:

Speaking of Frankie, him and Zach are cuddling all the time in the house, spooning on the couch, arms around each other, etc. First BB (US) gay showmance? It's about time :up:

:cute: :cute:

Now that you mention it...
now they absolutely despise each other (for reasons unclear to me, I didn't catch the live feeds where something may or may not have gone down), and are actively campaigning the house to try to get rid of each other :shrug:

I won't reveal any specifics about what happened this week for those who don't pay attention to the live feeds, but holy Moses are the next two episodes ever going to be entertaining :hyper:

I have been watching the 2-3 hours of BB After Dark on cable every night and reading the Jokers updates.
I like Devin and hope he does not go home anytime soon.
Zack is my least favorite.

I like Devin and hope he does not go home anytime soon.

Really?

He is quite literally the single worst Big Brother player I've ever seen in my life. He's so scared of appearing like "the bad guy" that he blabs every piece of information to everybody so that in his mind he doesn't look like a liar, and is screwing his own game and everybody who works with him.

He's gone next week so long as Caleb doesn't win HoH, his own alliance can't stand him now.

I hate the live feeds and I dont understand why people would watch them. I hate spoilers :mad:

I hate the live feeds and I dont understand why people would watch them. I hate spoilers :mad:

Hope I didn't ruin anything for you Sicy, I'll refrain from commenting on anything that hasn't yet made it to the broadcast.

I don't watch the actual live feeds (I tried that for BB Canada and it was boring as all hell) but I do like to know what's going on in the house and don't consider the info to be "spoiling" anything for me, because I get the general goings on from the live feed recaps and then watch the show to fill in the details of how these things happened. Plus you obviously don't get any of the diary room stuff on the feeds so there's still more than enough unseen content on the show to make it entertaining.

To each their own :shrug:

No its fine if you use the spoiler tags, I just need to not click on them lol. But it spoils stuff like who won HOH and things like that. I watched a couple episodes once last season and then when I realized I was getting spoiled I stopped watching them.

Seriously is Devin just completely screwed in the head? He is so ridiculous. It's so hard to watch.

So Dave maybe you know, how far off are the live feeds from when the episodes air? A couple days?

Also can I just say I don't think the have not room is really 0 degrees. When people are in there they do not look cold. They wear shorts and tank tops. I'm sorry but if I had to sit in a 0 degree room I'd be bundled up and my nose would be red. :huh:

Seriously is Devin just completely screwed in the head? He is so ridiculous. It's so hard to watch.

So Dave maybe you know, how far off are the live feeds from when the episodes air? A couple days?

Also can I just say I don't think the have not room is really 0 degrees. When people are in there they do not look cold. They wear shorts and tank tops. I'm sorry but if I had to sit in a 0 degree room I'd be bundled up and my nose would be red. :huh:

Yeah it's definitely not 0 degrees, even 0 Celsius would be noticeably very cold and they don't seem to have much problem being in there.

The way the schedule works on a normal week is that they obviously have the HoH competition on Thursday nights, Have/Have Not competitions Friday, nominations happen on Saturday (and the Battle of the Block happens usually Saturday afternoon/evening, the Veto competition happens on either Saturday evening or Sunday morning (but mostly Sunday right now with the Battle of the Block competitions going on), and then the Veto ceremony Sunday afternoon or evening. So the events shown on Wednesday's show are the farthest off the timeline, with the things happening on Wednesday's show taking place mostly on the weekend.

Of course the schedule is different from week to week depending on what is happening, I have seen weeks where the PoV competition happens Monday morning and the ceremony that afternoon (but never later so that they have time to edit everything for Wednesday), and last week the nominations happened on Thursday night around 11 pm after the show. Generally though all the competition related stuff happens over the weekend and the nominees have all week to just sit around and campaign until Thursday.

Very satisfied with the result from last night's episode. I'm not a huge fan of Zach (I think he's got the right ideas as far as the game goes but doesn't have the personality to rein himself in when he needs to), but for the sake of entertainment he is going to play the game hard and fast now, and if Paola had stayed she still wouldn't do much of anything.

Paola handled her exit with class though, which was nice. She became a lot more tolerable this week, and I think a lot of it was the edit from last week and the bluster and tough-girl act she tried to put on when she came into the house. I think once she dropped the act she seemed to actually be quite a nice person, and reminded me a lot of a good friend of mine from college. Not that interesting to watch in the BB house, though.

And I also couldn't be happier with the two HoH's, I like both of those who won and know they will both be going after Devin (who is SCREWED this week unless he wins the battle of the block and/or veto, although 100 bucks says production is going to make at least one of them a very physical comp so that he stays to up the drama factor for the next week). If they are smart, they'll set it up to back door him so that he doesn't have a chance to compete. I think these two HoH's are smart enough to see that, if someone like Zach or Brittany had won I'm sure they would probably have put Devin and Caleb up on the block together who would easily win the Battle of the Block if it's anything physical.

I think they should nominate Cody/Hayden and Amber/Brittany, tell them what the plan is first of all and make sure they all play hard for the veto, hope that Devin doesn't get picked to compete (the odds then are only 3 out of 11 at that point) and then show him the door. Not a chance he can muster any votes to stay so as long as he doesn't get veto or win the BoB then he's dunzo.

Nicole, Hayden, Christine FTW

And fuck Devin. So glad he got put on blast in front of everyone at the veto meeting. Beautiful.

Last night's episode was great.

More Nicole, less Devin (although I think the "she disappeared, will she ever come back?" thing at the end of the BoB challenge was beyond stupid).

I think a Nicole/Hayden showmance would be something I could support :up:

Nicole and Hayden would make the cutest couple. I'm on board with the nerd team alliance too.

Back
Top Bottom