Big Brother 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently the only reason he wasn't booed is because the audience was made up entirely of CBS employees. It's not the first time they've done that for an eviction on an irregular night (for the purposes of not having the general public immediately spoil the outcome on social media), but I wouldn't put it past CBS to also have done that to avoid having a relatively major pop singer's family member booed mercilessly on prime time TV.

It is 100% guaranteed that he would have been crushed by the crowd if it was an audience of general public.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I felt bad for Caleb last night.

Part one of the HOH was done last night, finally they did a legit endurance competition. Those are always the best comps and they haven't done a single one since the very first HOH.

The impromptu deals made when there's only two people left hanging or holding something for hours are how the house gets flipped and how excitement comes to the game. I can't believe they haven't done a single one this year. Disappointing to be sure.

I did feel bad for Caleb last night, He didn't see the writing on the walls and thought he was going to the final 3 with Cody and Derrick.

Derrick is the ultimate puppet master and has every right to the cash prize as effectively as he has played this game. Whoever sits next to him at the end deserves the $50k. Cody should be able to see though what Caleb was unable to see, which is that the "loyalty" thing only goes so far in this game.

That said, i would be shocked if the final two were anything but Cody & Derrick.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone would credit Victoria with any kind of strategy at all, much less a long game type of thing that she's somehow kept going since day one. That's just asinine.

But then again, he above also said that Jon and Neda from BB Canada are in the top 5 of all time. Obviously he didn't watch the show at all. Those two were just the least clueless of the bunch after the ones who were there to actually play got evicted in the first few weeks, much like last season of BB USA.

EDIT: also, creating a list of "hottest" from this season and not putting Nicole even on it (and putting Victoria on there) completely invalidates everything else in that entire post. You, sir, are a buffoon.

1) I think all the female players were terrible this season and that Big Brother only produces about three legitimately good players in a given season. Victoria was the best of the worst bunch, but still a sub-par player by all means. Nicole is her only competition though. Christina had a poor social game and played a great hand poorly. Jocasta did absolutely nothing. The rest of the women didn't even make jury. Again, Victoria is a terrible player, but better than the other women this year. SurvivorSucks is where I saw a lot of the sentiment for Victoria being the best female player of the season. Nicole's game didn't really get much respect, and deservedly so. She didn't really do anything other than make herself a target. Even her one potential big move (getting out Frankie) blew up in her face and sent her out the door.

2) Jon & Neda owned that house. They controlled the game after Canada's power move and mindfucked literally everybody in there before sending them out the door with their competition wins. Neda is considered a Top Ten player ever around the internet and Jon isn't far behind.

3) Heh, looks are all in the eye of the beholder.

It would be patently brain-dead stupid for either of those two guys to take the other one. It should be the The Winner vs Victoria in the final two. Period.

If Cody has an ounce of sense, he'll take Victoria. Derrick does and he will. Given that Victoria has her head up Derrick's ass, I'd say it's 80% that Derrick wins this thing. Because while for all intents and purposes, it's a 50/50 battle for that last HOH (Victoria = no shot), even if Cody wins he might be a dumbass and try to be loyal and cost himself the money. Derrick wins the jury vote in all cases. Derrick can't lose unless Cody wises up.

It's all very counter-intuitive for me. I respect loyalty and honesty and integrity over just about anything. Yet it basically takes the opposite to win this game. So why do I watch this show? It's just addictive, I guess.

That said, I am terrible at predicting this game because of that. If I were in the jury, I would vote for Victoria just because she has a breath-taking hiney. I mean, that thing's good. I wanna be friends with it.

Yup. Vic is hot. And I think Derrick will take Cody and vice versa. Runner up gets a bunch of money, right? They actually like each other and are friends (at least more so than they are with Vic) and they're going to want to ensure that the other one gets the money and the final two spot. Anything else would be super bogus and could potentially backfire in the final vote. Especially after that big reveal speech about the Hitmen. They're going to take each other. I really do believe that. I could be wrong, though. And I agree that both should take Vic.

Victoria has a great ass and that's about it, lack of intelligence though is such a turn off for me that I have a hard time looking past that. That's a big reason why I like Nicole so much, she actually has a brain.

And yes, now both Derrick and Cody really have no choice but to take each other. If they didn't they would look like gigantic douches after cody's speech and lose votes based on that alone. I wonder if Derrick knew he planned to do that before the live show. Either way I think that unless it's Cody and Victoria in the final, Derrick wins. If it's him and Victoria, it's unanimous. If it's Derrick and Cody, it'll probably be something like a 6-3 or 7-2 vote, and the votes for Cody will be strictly based on competition wins.

Victoria might be smarter than we think, i dont know, but i like her so much better than the annoying Nicole. Sure Nicole was obviously smart, but damn she cried too easy and that voice...just annoying. Victoria doesn't annoy me one bit...love watching her in the comps :D

I do think Derrick and Cody in the final, with Derrick as the winner. Cody has played well enough to get there, though so did Caleb basically.

This is the first time ive watched this show from start to finish, well other than 2003(?) when we had a local guy on there. Cant remember his name though.

Very satisfied with the way that played out.

God I hope next year is an All Stars version with Dan and Derrick (and hopefully Will, although I think he's done with playing BB).

:sexywink:

EDIT: CBS has renewed Big Brother for another two seasons. Further evidence to me that they're planning an All Stars season (otherwise, why two?).

As far as another All Stars is concerned, Alison Grodner figures they will do one within the next few years, but I imagine it will only be players from the most recent seasons (or mostly from the last few seasons) and only one-timers at that. Jordan and Britney and Dr. Will and Dan and Evel Dick have all been adamant about not wanting to come back (and the last one I mentioned obviously can't and won't) while people like Jeff and Rachel have been pretty overexposed by the Big Brother machine. I could see them mostly taking names from BB14-onward (Ian, Frank, Elissa, Helen, Amanda, maybe Aaryn, Nicole, Frankie, Donny, Zach, etc.) with a few other names from earlier seasons thrown in. The Dan vs. Derrick vs. Will matchup would never happen...two of them don't want to play and Derrick's credentials as a "character" are rather suspect, even if he did play a great game.

On top of that, unlike Survivor where there's immunity wins and hidden idols to shelter a great player like Parvati on her third time playing or being a huge tribal asset like Boston Rob on his fourth season, there's really no benefit to keeping a great player around unless you just want a bigger target to remain in the game...and the house would just all pressure the first HOH to backdoor someone like Dan or Derrick immediately. Meanwhile, Dr. Will's schtick could never work again and it only worked the second time because he had competition muscle (Boogie) to help make him a threat. Nobody in their right mind is going to let Dr. Will dictate the game if he plays again, and without the ability to actually win competitions, nobody would ever have reason to listen to him...thus, I think he would simply be kept around until deep in the game with no real power and be bored out of his mind...

Anyway, if I had to...

1. Will
2. Derrick
3. Dan

by individual games...

1. Derrick (BB16) - Flawless game, never nominated despite their being 871 nominations this summer along with like three rewind weeks and a Pandora's Lair or something. I don't really remember.

2. Will (BB7) - Huge target and most competitive cast ever given their past success. Wins again if Janelle makes the rational move at Final 4.

3. Dan (BB14) - Huge target as a returning winner with people suspicious of him from Day One and the Coaches needing to be protected through the first month due to Rachel winning the previous season against newbies. Yet he persevered and made perhaps the single greatest move in the history of the show with his "funeral" where he not only got off the block, but set himself up to automatically make the finals by removing the biggest threat standing in his way, Britney. Only failing was a jury misread...better to risk going home empty-handed in third with Shane/Danielle in the finals than to let Ian sneak into the Final Three. Even worse, Dan was going to throw that last part of the HOH regardless because he thought Ian was easier to beat. :doh: Still, the getting out Shane move was another epic accomplishment and guaranteed him an extra 50K on top of his coaching fee.

4. Dan (BB10) - Probably the most dominant game through this point. A house that wasn't very bright that led to him being the show's only unanimous winner. Very impressive regardless.

5. Will (BB2) - Instituted a lot of important strategies such as throwing competitions and such, but the house was clearly being run by Nicole/Hardy the entire summer. They had no clue what Will was doing on in the background which makes this game that much more impressive. Still, he had a tendency to try to be hilarious too often and while it made him probably the most entertaining reality character in history (his Diary Rooms that season were absolutely hysterical), he often rubbed people the wrong way by poking fun at them which earned him a seat on the block practically every week.

Back
Top Bottom