Better Call Saul - hell yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit, last night's episode BAGMAN was the best episode of the series so far. And that's saying something. Fucking incredible.

And somehow last night’s episode, with the thrilling final act, was even better.

i'd put bagman ahead of it in the overall episode ranking, but that final scene of bad choice road was easily in the top 5 scenes of the entire breaking bad universe.

Between the nice opening scene (a callback to that earlier episode when they are fighting), Odenkirk’s mind blowing performance and the final scene, I think Bad Choice Road is better. Also much more Kim on this one.

giphy.gif

did I black out momentarily or are you just assuming that's a given for season 6 based on the ending?

...also I realized something as AMC's pandemic commercial ran mid show - there won't be a season 6 until at least 2022. They had just started filling in February. That's obviously now on hold for the foreseeable future.

did I black out momentarily or are you just assuming that's a given for season 6 based on the ending?

you didn't miss anything, but nacho signed his dad's death warrant as well as his own with that move. the only way i can think of them getting out is if gus hides nacho and his dad and kills lalo (but we know gus really doesn't care about nacho in anyway), or if mike gives nacho the vacuum man's number and they disappear that way.

either way lalo is out for revenge and i'm scared for kim more than anyone.

I was half expecting Nacho to kill Lalo. If anyone is gonna do it, it should be Nacho. Lalo has made Nacho's life a living hell.

you didn't miss anything, but nacho signed his dad's death warrant as well as his own with that move. the only way i can think of them getting out is if gus hides nacho and his dad and kills lalo (but we know gus really doesn't care about nacho in anyway), or if mike gives nacho the vacuum man's number and they disappear that way.

either way lalo is out for revenge and i'm scared for kim more than anyone.

ah, well yea. Kim is also in deep shit.

The actor who plays vacuum man is dead - so unless they already have it filmed that's probably out.

ah, well yea. Kim is also in deep shit.

The actor who plays vacuum man is dead - so unless they already have it filmed that's probably out.

well they don't need to have the guy appear on screen to use him again - a couple of words that they've already recorded could be used for the phone call and then they could just have the red van silently pulling up to the side of the road and then driving off.

yeah i know this is probably just wishful thinking...i really hope nacho and pops make it out alive but it's not looking good.

i also have a theory/wish that somehow kim goes into hiding from lalo for the duration of breaking bad and that when "gene" calls the vacuum man and changes his mind after getting made by the taxi driver, it's because he decides to call kim to help him and they pull off one last scheme together before riding off into the sunset.

i dunno how i'm going to take it if lalo ends up actually murdering kim...she's probably my favourite character on television right now.

goddammit nacho why didn't you just shoot lalo when you had the chance.

if it's done well anything can be good... but I think she has to be wacked. it's the only way. last thing I want is for them to go all homeland on us and not kill the surprisingly popular character even though the storyline calls for it.

she needs to be Hank'd, and probably earlier in the season so that there's time to see how he copes and reverts back into the guy we meet in Breaking Bad.

if it's done well anything can be good... but I think she has to be wacked. it's the only way. last thing I want is for them to go all homeland on us and not kill the surprisingly popular character even though the storyline calls for it.

she needs to be Hank'd, and probably earlier in the season so that there's time to see how he copes and reverts back into the guy we meet in Breaking Bad.

lalalala.gif

...also I realized something as AMC's pandemic commercial ran mid show - there won't be a season 6 until at least 2022. They had just started filling in February. That's obviously now on hold for the foreseeable future.

Alan Sepinwall has an interview up with Gilligan and Gould. Gould stated he was hoping to begin filming this autumn for a 2021 autumn premiere. Unlikely to hit that now, but Gilligan points out that they can still write the scripts as planned for the time being. Hopefully it won't be too far into 2022, but will still likely return before Atlanta.

Anyway, this could well have been the best season yet, only season 2 can compete IMO. Even more impressive considering season 4 was the weakest. Lalo and Nacho had a big part in that. As much as I love Mike I think he's better in the ensemble rather than a co-lead, the origin of the superlab last season was wheel spinning at best and he was underserved there. Kim has been the rising MVP for over half the show now, I am terrified for her.

And fucking A if it isn't 2022!

Season 6 is finally here and I CAN. NOT. FUCKING. WAIT.

I’ve rewatched all of the seasons the last two months in anticipation. Lalo and Kim are such great characters. I’m really excited to see how it all wraps up

i passed out before the premier even started monday... but was able to make it through all of tuesday without a single spoiler and rewatched the double episode last night.

great, great start. the two episodes were tremendously paced - struck just the right amount of procedural drama and tension filled action. and kim wexler remains the best character on television. it's criminal that Rhea hasn't won a best actress Emmy for this role yet. hopefully they do right by her and give her the nod here in the final season - as she's deserved about 6 of them.

how gilligan and gould remain absolutely masterful in their attention to every single little detail. even the little easter eggs they toss in are done in such a subtle way - totally unforced, and easy to miss if you're not paying attention.

case in point - the old beat up truck that's outside the Kettleman's insurance place? the same one Walt pays the native american guy for in Ozymandias.

The name of the bank on the the insurance check in that same scene? Same one Mike's lawyer used to deposit his "hazard pay" during Breaking Bad. (and apparently was also featured in two episodes that Gilligan wrote for X-Files).

there's a fake medication commercial in season 5 - Numilifor. It's one of the prescriptions on Saul's vanity during the opening. Like who thinks of shit like this?

Back
Top Bottom