Better Call Saul - hell yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this show is fast turning into the best new show that nobody knows what to do with. I went in expecting precious little and it has slowly but steadily upped its game.

Well this show is fast turning into the best new show that nobody knows what to do with. I went in expecting precious little and it has slowly but steadily upped its game.

Exactly. I think it has gotten great faster than Breaking Bad did. I've been watching it the day after it airs rather than saving a bunch of episodes and marathoning, which is the first time in a long time I've done that for a tv show. That'll change now that Mad Men and Game of Thrones are returning, but still.

That scene at the end this week was just soul crushing.

I know, it was a complete emotional suckerpunch when he turned that scene around and forced Chuck to be straight with him.

The last time I did a marathon on any show was probably when DVD releases were my only way of getting onto them, or when the show itself already wrapped up years ago. Now, despite myself, I just watch it each week (though if it's Mad Men, you bet I'll be doing some marathon rewatches).

Chuck made a big mistake. Jimmy was the only one who was sensitive to Chuck's quirks. Chuck's gonna be a mess without Jimmy in his corner.

On the one hand i guess i can see Chucks resentment, i mean, American Samoa U? :applaud:

But seriously Jimmy is really trying to be a better guy and certainly is a good brother to him so you have to let all of that go.

Chuck has basically just lit the fuse for slippin Jimmy to become Saul

Yeah, Jimmy has spent way too much time working his ass off for his law career and going to bat for Chuck for this to be about shortcuts. Clearly Chuck is insecure about this and is fronting about it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not quite as in love with the show as everyone else seems to be -- but I think it's solid. We've had one great episode, and lots of solid episodes, but there's a lot that doesn't work so well. I'm still watching, and hoping it ends well.

Oh wow, I think the run from the Mike episode till now has been stellar. I suppose it helps that Mike was my favourite character from BB, and Saul was a close second. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for backstory. But yeah, I'm loving this.

Eta - yeah, I don't think sucker for backstory even covers it. Jimmy/Saul's story has just been so well done...both written and acted, period. The cinematography's excellent. It's a prestige drama that has outdone the first season of BB, easily. That's possibly in part because of familiarity with some of the characters, but I don't think that's entirely it.

I think Mike is the bright shining light in the series. I found the first few episodes kind of weak, I think any season of BB outshines this. The shooting has gotten better and more creative, I just don't think Odenkirk is in the same league as Cranston so there's not that center of gravity holding it together and giving it that race towards doon. He's fine, but he was always a supporting character, not an easy thing to carry a show.

I also find Kim to be such a generic female character who shows up to encourage the boys and ask clarifying questions for the sake of the audience. Not the actress' fault, it's just a weak role.

Interesting season finale. Certainly set things in motion for next season. Too bad we have to wait until next January to see it.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in this episode. Last weeks was so good, this was a real lackluster one for a end of season. I actually looked at the schedule as it was ending to see if it was a 2 hour episode...or maybe 90 minutes. I really enjoyed the series, but was expecting a little more for the finale.

I thought it was pretty good.

I think the only "problem" (if you want to call it that) the show has right now is that Jimmy is still too much of a good guy.

By the time we get to meet Saul in Br Ba, he's an expert at being a con without the inner conflict. Also he is one hell of a gifted speaker and really lays it down.

If you think about Walter White's transformation from high school teacher to Heisenberg, this is what excites me for what's to come with Jimmy/Saul, even it if's not quite as dramatic or sinister.

I think the first season of BCS has laid the foundation for how Jimmy was before BB. Now we'll get to delve deeper into the evolution of Jimmy into Saul. Seems like the last scene of the episode sets up Jimmy's epiphany of doing what's best for him.

There is a 60-post long mini thread on the AV Club about whether Jimmy raped that girl he told he was Kevin Costner. I think that I am rapidly losing my patience with the internet. And no, I don't celebrate rape.

Yes I agree, they have accomplished the back story. I actually thought to myself that as it ended last night, maybe it was filmed before they knew if they would be granted more episodes in a new season, so they sort of wrapped it up loosely just in case there were no more episodes. :wink:

I liked it. I love the actor who plays Marco from "Getting On" -- maybe the best show on TV right now -- and I enjoyed how creatively and clot fully so much of ther story was filmed.

I'll watch season 2 out of more than just respect and loyalty for BB.

I don't even know what to think. I loved this season so much. The finale was just sad to me, which is stupid, and probably a credit to the writers and Odenkirk. We all know how Saul turned out, and yet I wanted Jimmy to go into that meeting, and was so, so let down when he didn't. Sigh. Definitely appointment tv for me, I'm very much invested. I look forward to next season.

Also, I might have developed a tiny Bob Odenkirk crush. Not sure if I should be ashamed of that.

Season 1 came out on Netflix yesterday. Just did a rewatch of BrBa and now BCS.

New season starts February 15th

Go Land Crabs !

So I was hoping for more from season premiere ...again...maybe I just want them to move along a little faster with the story. Most interesting part is when Mike is on the screen

It's a slow burn but I enjoy every minute.

I love when Kim said "Like Jules at the end of Pulp Fiction" when he referenced Kung Fu

Loved the two BrBa Easter eggs.

KenWins

The special poisoned tequila from "Salud" that they suckered Ken into buying at 50 dollars a shot

The ABQ police officer that comes to investigate the stolen baseball cards is the same cop that responds to Skylers call on Walter when she wants to kick him out of the house but can't.

It's a slow burn but I enjoy every minute.

I love when Kim said "Like Jules at the end of Pulp Fiction" when he referenced Kung Fu

Loved the two BrBa Easter eggs.

KenWins

The special poisoned tequila from "Salud" that they suckered Ken into buying at 50 dollars a shot

The ABQ police officer that comes to investigate the stolen baseball cards is the same cop that responds to Skylers call on Walter when she wants to kick him out of the house but can't.

Wow I sure didn't recognize the cop!! I love when they bring in BB references. Thanks!

Wow I sure didn't recognize the cop!! I love when they bring in BB references. Thanks!

Also the guy paying for the tequila shots is the same guy as the obnoxious guy with the red BMW that Walt blew up at the gas station.

Back
Top Bottom