Better Call Saul - hell yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've caught up on the first two and not that impressed so far. It's interesting and it's great to be back in this world, but I'm finding the whole thing (so far) a clear step down in quality from BB -- in all aspects, writing, acting, directing. Granted, that's about the highest bar imaginable since BB has about half a dozen perfect episodes, maybe more.

My problem is we don't have a clearly defined, propulsive story -- it's all very reveal-y -- "ooh, so that's why he tore up the $26k check earlier" -- in a way that irritates me. I get that's how prequels work, and that's part of the fun -- "ooh, Tuco!" -- but it feels like one more spin around the dance floor rather than something that could exist in its own right.

That said, it's good. I'll keep watching.

Sent from

Keep watching. Episode 3 was the first where I felt the story arc started moving forward. I think the first two episodes were more so to establish the characters and setting.

I watched this knowing full well it was not going to be Breaking Bad. Some of the same people on board, but still, it's a different trip.

The first episode might have started a bit slow but that is somewhat to be expected. Second episode and there was some fun stuff going on. Third episode and some crazy stuff happens.

All in all i like it, it's pretty good. I don't think it will ever be as intense as the other show but it's already more entertaining than the Walking Dead, so there's that.

I love this show. It's very quickly becoming one of my favourite shows on television right now. I don't think I've ever in my life wanted Monday to come again more than I do today.

Thoughts on last night's episode:
- Interesting to see how the name Saul Goodman ("s'all good, man") first came about. That entire first scene was brilliant, and shed so much light on the first three episodes of the series as well as the rest of yesterday's episode. Jimmy hit that bong like a pro, too :up:

- The cinematography in this show is unreal, from the shots inside the mailbox when he goes to visit Chuck, the shot down the ladder when he was climbing up the billboard, the shot when his partner-in-crime in the first scene gets up and the reveal happens, the way the scenes in the salon with the female lawyer who's name I can't recall right now were put together (and the scenes in the desert both when Tuco is there and when Jimmy goes looking for the family in the last episode)...it's fucking genius.

- I laughed way more than I should have at "Hamlindigo".

- Jimmy's hair on that fucking billboard :lmao:

I'm watching and enjoying it so far..I am so mad I forgot to watch this past Monday! episode #3. Will have to get caught up on it:up:

Seems like it's starting to hit its stride. I enjoyed Ep 5 quite a bit. It was also visually much more creative than the first few eps.

Keep watching. Episode 3 was the first where I felt the story arc started moving forward. I think the first two episodes were more so to establish the characters and setting.

This. :up: I liked the first episode. LOVED the opener at Cinnabon. But I was a bit worried that BB had just the right amount of Saul, and maybe this would just be too much "Saul". Didn't happen though. It keeps getting better.

Also enjoying the opening credits every week. Each one has been different, and is actually a look forward to Saul's life on Breaking Bad. The Statue of Liberty, his license plate, the drawer full of cell phones, the scales, (I think there's another I can't remember right now). Anyway, kinda fun.

Have not seen it yet.

But I just want to say all the episodes have been great.
The writing has exceeded my expectations.

To think Jonathan Banks was 'cuz' in Beverly Hills Cop.

I actually think this is better than BB so far, and also hate Walt more the longer this show runs. I freaking love it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I honestly was nervous at the end of this episode as Chuck went outside...I have always the feeling of doom with him that something is going to happen to him that makes Jimmy who he became (Saul) Last night I thought it was going to happen...and was happy it didn't! (yet) Go Jimmy and Chuck!

I agree with both of you. As soon as he went outside i thought, oh shit, he's gonna combust. He just sat there in silence and then when he spoke, it was great. Love this show.

It distresses me very deeply that next week is the season finale already :sad:

The drug dealer guy had so many shades of season 1 Walt, that was a great scene :lol:

Back
Top Bottom