Best movie villains poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Khan would never settle for #24. 1-23 better watch their backs.

WrathOfKhan.jpg

From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!

Khan deserves higher placement as well, I agree.

I see the Heath Ledger love-a-thon continues, I haven't seen it yet so I'm not completely dismissive and I realize that this is the character here we're talking about and not the actor…

Good to see Anton Chigurh placing so high :up:

Their explanation of #1 is that he's so badass in the books. Well it's a fucking MOVIE villains poll, you morons.

Total bullshit. No villain has engrained himself into the public consciousness as much as Darth Vader. And unlike many others, his story has a full arc, even without the prequels.

As much as I love the books, Voldy as #1 is a joke. The only Potter charcter that should be on that list is Mr Potter (Lionel Barrymore) from It's a Wonderful Life.

Decent list though, with some interesting inclusions that range outside of comic book or action films, although personally I would have chosen Bob Mitchum over Bob DeNiro for Cape Fear (even if that gives him two spots) and Cagney's Cody Jarrett over his Tom Powers.

Also, can we please wait until we've actually seen The Dark Knight to praise Heath Ledger's performance? I can't wait for it and he looks great in the trailers, but it's been silly ever since January.

Nice group of characters, terrible placement. I'd even put Palpatine on there, too - he's a greater villain than Vader, I think.

I think we should bring back that Heroes, Villains tourney we had when NSW comes back.

The One Enemy/Sauron and Kaiser Soze deserve spots there.

My top 10 - not necessarily the best, per se, but my favorites.

1.Darth Sideous/Palpetine, Star Wars Saga - played by Ian McDiarmid and the creepy lady in the original TESB.

2.The One Enemy/Sauron, Lord Of The Rings - played by nobody

3.Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars Saga - played by James Earl Jones, Hayden Christensen, and Jake Lloyd

4.Dr. Hannibal Lector, The Silence Of The Lambs, played by Anthony Hopkins

5.Anton Chigurh, No Country For Old Men, played by Javier Bardem

6.Wicked Witch Of The West, The Wizard Of Oz, Margaret Hamilton

7.Kaiser Soze, The Usual Suspects, played by Kevin Spacey

8.Hans Gruber, Die Hard - played by Alan Rickman

9.Queen, Snow White And The Seven Dwarves

10.The Penguin/Oswald Cobblepot, Batman Returns, played by Danny DeVito

If we're doing personal picks:

1. Emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid - Star Wars: Episodes I, II, III, and VI - '99, '02, '05, '83)
2. Bill the Butcher (Daniel Day-Lewis - Gangs of New York - '02)
3. Anton Chigurgh (Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men - '07)
4. KHAAAAAAAN (Ricardo Motherfuckin' Montalban - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan!!! - '82)
5. Darth Vader (James Earl Jones / David Prowse - Star Wars: Episodes IV, V, VI - '77, 80, '83)
6. Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins - Psycho - '60)
7. Michael Myers (Various - the Halloween series - '78-'04)
8. The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Terminator - '84)
9. Biff Tannen (Thomas F. Wilson - Back to the Future / Back to the Future Part II - '85, '89)
10. Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer - Blade Runner - '82)
11. HAL 9000 (Douglas Rain - 2001: A Space Odyssey - '68)
12. Lo Pan (James Wong - Big Trouble in Little China - '86)
13. Dr. Christian Szell (Laurence Olivier - Marathon Man - '76)
14. Dr. Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins - The Silence of the Lambs - '91)
15. Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale - American Psycho - '00)
16. Count Dracula (Bela Lugosi - Dracula - '31)
17. Amon Goeth (Ralph Fiennes - Schindler's List - '93) - Hell, Nazis in general, or at least in Steven Spielberg films
18. Bill (David Carradine - Kill Bill - '03, '04)
19. Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman - Die Hard - '88)
20. Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - '75)

Also, Cocaine in Boogie Nights.

1. Emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid - Star Wars: Episodes I, II, III, and VI
2. Bill the Butcher (Daniel Day-Lewis - Gangs of New York)
3. Anton Chigurgh (Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men)
4. KHAAAAAAAN (Ricardo Motherfuckin' Montalban - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan!!!)
5. Darth Vader (James Earl Jones / David Prowse - Star Wars: Episodes IV, V, VI)
6. Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins - Psycho)
7. Michael Myers (Various - the Halloween series)
8. The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Terminator)
9. Biff Tannen (Thomas F. Wilson - Back to the Future / Back to the Future Part II)
10. Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer - Blade Runner)
11. HAL 9000 (Douglas Rain - 2001: A Space Odyssey)
12. Lo Pan (James Wong - Big Trouble in Little China)
13. Dr. Christian Szell (Laurence Olivier - Marathon Man)
14. Dr. Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins - The Silence of the Lambs)
15. Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale - American Psycho)
16. Count Dracula (Bela Lugosi - Dracula ('31))
17. Amon Goeth (Ralph Fiennes - Schindler's List) - Hell, Nazis in general, or at least in Steven Spielberg films
18. Bill (David Carradine - Kill Bill)
19. Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman - Die Hard)
20. Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)

Also, Cocaine in Boogie Nights.

You don't think Sauron deserves a spot?

1. Emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid - Star Wars: Episodes I, II, III, and VI - '99, '02, '05, '83)

Technically, you could include his scene from the DVD edition of Empire.

2. Bill the Butcher (Daniel Day-Lewis - Gangs of New York - '02)

The fact that he didn't even make that original list makes the whole thing invalid.

12. Lo Pan (James Wong - Big Trouble in Little China - '86)

SWEET.

16. Count Dracula (Bela Lugosi - Dracula - '31)

Personally I'd go with Gary Oldman in Coppola's version. Muthafucka was creepy as all hell, and played him at two different ages.

The lack of Nurse Ratched and HAL 9000 is frustrating. Not a horrible list, but the placement is pretty bad. #1 is hilarious.

Voldemort at no. 1 is a joke. I wouldn't even rate him that high if this was a book poll; I love Harry Potter series but Voldemort IMO is just your standard bogeyman.

Off the top of my head, some of my personal picks would be:

1. Darth Vader - Star Wars
2. Anton Chigurgh - No Country for Old Men
3. HAL 9000 - 2001: A Space Odyssey
4. The Borg Queen - Star Trek: First Contact
5. Annie Wilkes - Misery
6. Scar - The Lion King
7. Marquise de Merteuil - Dangerous Liaisons (played by Glenn Close)
8. Nurse Ratched - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
9. Morgana - Excalibur (played by Helen Mirren)
10. Agent Smith - The Matrix
11. Dr. Hannibal Lector - The Silence of the Lambs
12. Amon Goeth - Schindler's List
13. Magneto - X-Men series
14. Miranda Priestly - The Devil Wears Prada
15. Cruella de Vil - One Hundred and One Dalmatians

Also, Rebecca from Hitchcock's "Rebecca" deserves a special mention, despite the fact that the character never actually appears in the film.

Bring me Everyone.

What do you mean "everyone"?

EVERYONE!

That and when he sniffs the guy... fucking classic.

Laz, I haven't seen Coppola's Dracula in a long time, so I can't say much about Oldman's Dracula against Lugosi's.

Here are my personal favorites (in no particular order):

Darth Vadar/Anakin Skywalker - Hayden Christiansen/James Earl Jones/David Prouse - I don't count Jake Lloyd because he was still an innocent baby....lol.

Amon Geoth - Played to perfection by Ralph Fiennes in Shindler's List. The fact that he was REAL makes his evil even more terrifying.

Bruce the shark - the star of JAWS. Well, ok, he's not a real villian because he's an animal who just follows his natural instincts...lol.

Dr. Zell - Lawrence Olivier is incredible in Marathon Man and I swear that to this day I can't hear the sound of a dentist's drill without thinking of that scene....OUCH!

Meowrice - voiced by Paul Frees in the animated movie "Gay Puree". He's a slimey conniving sleaze who plots to take poor little Mewsette (voiced by Judy Garland) away from her boyfriend Jean Tom (voiced by Robert Goulet) and to ship her overseas to marry a wealthy old man...*shudder*.

Max Cady - Robert De Niro is so evil you just wait for him to get what he deserves.

Travis Dane - Eric Begosian in "Under Seige 2". So cute, so sexy, so BAD!!

Back
Top Bottom