Battlestar Galactica Seasons 4 & 4.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
Considering that Friday's episode was the first of a two parter, I'm not really going to review it until I see how it plays out, but I thought it got off to a good start. It all depends on how the next hour goes.

I find it weird when a show that is for all practical purposes a space soap opera uses "To Be Continued..." at the end of an episode. The whole SHOW is continuing subplots. Now granted there are some that are more stand-alone, but doesn't it seem ridiculous? No one is tuning in now; anyone who did wouldn't have a snowflake's chance in hell understanding what's going on. Everyone who HAS been following the show doesn't need to be told that the story continues next week.

Rather ridiculous.

I thought the stuff with Baltar was going to be cheesy as hell, and though he did confirm my suspicions by gettin' down with one of the ladies, they took his character in yet another interesting direction. Still arguably the most compelling character on the show, and best actor as well.

lazarus said:

I find it weird when a show that is for all practical purposes a space soap opera uses "To Be Continued..." at the end of an episode. The whole SHOW is continuing subplots. Now granted there are some that are more stand-alone, but doesn't it seem ridiculous?

I see them like chapters in a book. When we get a To Be Continued, we're in the middle of one of those chapters.

schmidtort19.jpg

She's waiting.

It's even worse if you pretend that it's not a jacuzzi, and that Bates just made the bubbles right before the picture was taken.

That's why she's smiling.

You know, it's hard to be incredibly addicted to a show like BSG when you don't have cable and you've mostly been reliant on DVDs to catch up.

Well, finally, I've seen everything. BSG 1-3 on DVD, Razor on DVD, and the first couple of episodes of BSG season 4 so far on Hulu.com.

It's very addictive, that's for sure!

Dalton said:
If I were going to cut off my balls, shave my head, cast off all of my self respect and common sense, and join the crazy brigade by watching Battle Star Galactica, do I start with the miniseries or season 1?

Just pace yourself. Start with the miniseries, then get Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, and "Razor" before you watch Season 4.

Don't be apprehensive about politics, if that's what you're afraid of. The show very much stays true to science fiction and doesn't inject itself into modern politics, as far as I see it. Granted, if you're looking for it, you can find it. But I consider that to be optional.

dazzledbylight said:
hulu.com is it free?

Too little extra for fun $ is why I don't have cable. :(

Yes. It's free.

Those outside the U.S. are unable to use it, unfortunately.

It was an immensely satisfying episode. But there was something odd about it. Particularly Roslyn's character, or rather, the acting. It seemed to vary quite a bit. She was nearly manic while trying to communicate with the Hybrid, and then had an odd accent when she first talked to Helo about Deanna.

Also, Baltar seems to be getting more and more cartoonish with each episode. It's good to see the writers having fun with his character, but something about it doesn't seem to jive with the rest of the show for me.

I do love the developments with the rebel Cylons though, and the philosophical ramifications of their actions. Can't wait for Friday's episode!

It's appalling that the producers and writers are setting aside the political insightfulness for lame things like character and all this emotional B.S.

This half-season can't be over soon enough.

I thought last Friday's show was great! I just wish that Adama had laid a big kiss on Roslyn, though, instead of just the little kiss on the forehead. Being a big sap, I am so glad they are finally together--although that just might spell doom for one or both of them. What a cheap shot when the Deanna told Roslyn that she was a Cylon, but was just kidding? Was she, or wasn't she??

I laughed my ass off on that one. Brilliant. The music was perfect. You have to give them credit for taking the piss a bit in that scene, and it's nice to see that they don't take themselves so seriously.

Muldfield probably threw his shoe at the television.

It was an immensely satisfying episode. But there was something odd about it. Particularly Roslyn's character, or rather, the acting. It seemed to vary quite a bit. She was nearly manic while trying to communicate with the Hybrid, and then had an odd accent when she first talked to Helo about Deanna.

Also, Baltar seems to be getting more and more cartoonish with each episode. It's good to see the writers having fun with his character, but something about it doesn't seem to jive with the rest of the show for me.

I do love the developments with the rebel Cylons though, and the philosophical ramifications of their actions. Can't wait for Friday's episode!

I agree on all points. I don't know if they were doing that on purpose with Roslyn's character or not, but you could tell that the tone in the voice was different.

And yes, Baltar role this season has gone off on a less than ideal tangent. I thought he would be starting a new political group or something at the end of last season, but this religious stuff took a weird turn.

The Cylon civil war is by far the best storyline.

Back
Top Bottom