Battlestar Galactica Seasons 4 & 4.5 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Precisely why it shouldn't be in the title. He's given good shows a bad rap by giving us all this political babble...
Especially when "politically insightful" is coming from someone who thinks certain writers did really good work on Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel. That negates all credit for me.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Here's the thing... I don't give a tuppenny fuck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shit-sack... That's pretty much the thing.

I'm going to burn you and see if your ashes turn green.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Don't mind him. He used to be an Irishman.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

Last night, I was having celebration sex with Alicia Keys and Amy Winehouse and as they were screaming "Oh God, Oh God!" I was shouting, "Thank you Battle Star Galactica!!!"

I talked them both into watching the show and penning some songs based on the politically insightful themes.

They tried to make him wear a J-Hat, he said no, no no.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:18 PM
I still hate God for cancelling The 4400, you know? I don't know if I will forgive him in time to watch Season 4.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #21
The Male

I have no idea what the fuck any of you people are talking about, but if it involves political insightfulness, I'm in.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
Especially when "politically insightful" is coming from someone who thinks certain writers did really good work on Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel. That negates all credit for me.
Don't be knockin' some good shows, man.

(Buffy was better than Angel, overall.)
Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #23
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
We don't need anything "political" in the title, simply saying Battlestar Galactica - Season 4 would have sufficed.
But no it wouldn't, don't you see? How can we possibly hope to convert the entire world to BSG fandom if we don't sell the show at every opportunity? Even if it means repeating ourselves word for word throughout multiple threads on the same forum, announcing show times as if we're TV Guide, and using every space available on the the thread title to advertise the show.

You don't deserve to watch BSG if you're not willing to whore it up among everyone you know, at every opportunity you can.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #24
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

You know, since the other thread is not at it's limit, I move that this thread gets merged with the other.

Since there is no season 4 yet.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #25
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

oops. double post.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

How about "The sycophant-creating Battlestar Galactica Season 4"?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Don't be knockin' some good shows, man.

Seriously? I watched about 2 seasons of Buffy cuz that was in the day when I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar was hotter than a microwave.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I still hate God for cancelling The 4400, you know? I don't know if I will forgive him in time to watch Season 4.
Dude, if you check http://www.the4400guide.com and http://www.savethe4400.net, you'll see the campaign has garnered attention. It wouldn't take much to get the show back on the air. USA never had the highest ratings. They kept meddling and those dull stand alone plots killed the season's ratings chances of picking up.

I hope you'll send a letter. There's a pre-written one if you download the petition signatures to date (Feb 1) from: http://www.savethe4400.com

I sent 6 bags of seeds, too.

Also, if it's any consolation, Ron Moore is an old buddy of Ira Steven Behr who executively produced and head-wrote The 4400. Ira worked with him on the early days of TNG's 3rd season, and Ron worked under him on DS9. Anyway, don't give up hope!

Quote:
Was this thread started as a way of mocking me? I specifically stated in the other thread that a new one would start once the season began. We don't need anything "political" in the title, simply saying Battlestar Galactica - Season 4 would have sufficed.

Needless to say, I will still create a new thread later and if the mods need to merge, I will request they keep the thread title simple. We don't need anything more than that.
It wasn't to mock you, but this thread would provide a lighthouse for those already fans of the show with a silly-sounding name referencing a famously bad '70s show. The "politically-insightful" is meant to attract folks who might not be into sci fi. It's much smarter and better than average sci fi. I've also drawn in quite a few people by tagging the show truthfully as that. At the very least it draws attention, which is what the show needs. If the thread were simply titled "Battlestar Galactica", most people would ignore it. The show has always required that extra "umph" to get attention.

This was a preemptive attempt at creating a topic in reaction to YOUR mocking my earnest attempts. You don't have to talk politics if you don't want to, but this is a way of attracting attention to the show's useful layer of political commentary. If anything, it draws attention to the fact that it's a serious show and not simply the usual escapist nonsense with scantily dressed women a la Star Trek Voyager.

Besides, Mark Sheppard agrees with me in these first few seconds (contains Season 3 spoilers):

"Genuinely, you can proselytize people. People who don't watch it, don't see it, don't know -- then they're the people who are missing out." He's also admitted to telling a casting agent, who falsely dismissed him as acting in "Stargate" (She'd confused STARgate and BattleSTAR Galactica), that she should watch the show and that it was "good for America."

The actors -- especially Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, James Callis, and Jaime Bamber -- have all spoken highly about the show's political relevance to the most pressing issues of our time, and it seems superficial to try and say discussion of the show should be so constrained to avoid acknowledging such relevance, when that is the source of so much of the writers and actors' passion for their work.
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

I've said before those aren't amazing shows. I enjoyed them just like I enjoy "Lost". It doesn't mean I think they're politically-insightful or particularly educational for society. They're fun, mostly for the comedy, and the writers did proportionately good work for those shows. They have their faults and formulaic contrivances, but I think they're a hell of a lot better than most of what's on TV like "Grey's Anatomy" or "Desperate Housewives" or even "24" or "The Shield".
Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

I'm torn on that one. I think Buffy's 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th seasons were pretty great; season 4 had some awful drama, but wonderfully funny moments. However, Angel's 3rd, 4th, and 5th season just might beat those. The finale was pretty awesome, too.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #30
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I keep trying to spread the word to my friends, but they just don't like it.

Even when I say how politically insightful it really is.

Philistines.

Tags
battlestar galactica