Battlestar Galactica Seasons 4 & 4.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm betting Gaeta and Tom Zarek eventually get executed for treason. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Looks like I was right! There really was no going back over what they did.

Zarek was always a complex, but ultimately unsympathetic character. Gaeta probably deserved better in the series, but it was a fitting end for a quietly idealistic character who repeatedly made bad decisions.

Oh and Ellen next week!!!! :hyper:

Especially after Zarek had the entire Quorum murdered. That was one of the more brutal scenes in the entire series.

They are certainly going all-out here at the end. The cracks in the ship just adds to it.

I can't believe a show as good as this will be ending soon.

this series needs to end

many series start out so strong

because one does not know where it is going.

the whole Final 5 concept has only played lukewarm with me :shrug:

sometimes I think everybody is a Cylon ?

Why not? there seems to be different versions with advanced capabilities?

There is no real way to tell them apart from humans.

And some can reproduce.

The Twilight Zone, WTF ending
is that the humans completely destroyed themselves.

And there are just different versions of Cylons.
That are so human that they may just destroy themselves, again.

Yes, this is the longest of longshots. WTF?

Zarek killing the quorum--HARDCORE.
Starbuck smashing that mofo's head into the wall--HARDCORE.
Tyroll ripping out the FTL mechanism--HARDCORE.
Rollo FUCKING Lampkin with his pen--UBER HARDCORE.

Is this maybe the best episode of the entire series, if you include the first part? Possibly.

All I know is that they managed to make Gaeta sympathetic, and that's in part to Juliani's performance, but more importantly James Callis. That final scene between Gaeta and Baltar nearly had me choked up. Because Baltar "gets him", so do we, and Gaeta is able to reach some kind of peace before it's over.

Simply amazing stuff.

I thought it interesting how you guys mentioned Baltar the other day, and he touched upon his situation barely in this episode, seemingly as confused to what his role really is as the writers are in creating it.

Or perhaps that's the whole point.

Zarek killing the quorum--HARDCORE.
Starbuck smashing that mofo's head into the wall--HARDCORE.
Tyroll ripping out the FTL mechanism--HARDCORE.
Rollo FUCKING Lampkin with his pen--UBER HARDCORE.

Is this maybe the best episode of the entire series, if you include the first part? Possibly.

All I know is that they managed to make Gaeta sympathetic, and that's in part to Juliani's performance, but more importantly James Callis. That final scene between Gaeta and Baltar nearly had me choked up. Because Baltar "gets him", so do we, and Gaeta is able to reach some kind of peace before it's over.

Simply amazing stuff.

Well said.

sometimes I think everybody is a Cylon ?

they are just different versions of Cylons.

so no one wants to address this?

Baltar is definitely a cylon,
how else would he be there, the opening credits show him in a nuclear holocaust

Starbuck, a cylon, no other explanation.

and if Tigue and Adama have been friends for 30 plus? years. Then he is a cylon that ages, different from numbers 1- 7, the final 5 were all born as infants, had childhoods and experienced life as ordinary people. Therefore, anyone can be a cylon. Everybody is my guess.

I have thought the same thing. I also think that the destruction of the Cylon home world was done by humans, perhaps they turned on the Cylons. The Cylons destroying Earth was their revenge. This is my theory, but I'm sure it's way off.

I think he's a fan of the show and was probably brought in to add some levity. I think he's awesome.

This episode made me sad that the show is almost over. I hope that it somehow segues into the Caprica show.

Lost model #7....Gaeta, anyone? :sexywink:

If it exists, it's supposed to be kind of artistic, yet fucked up, if Ellen is any guide. And we all know about his more musical side.

And I must admit that I really missed Ellen quite a bit, in hindsight. I was sad to see her die on New Caprica, actually, so it's good to see her again.

Lost model #7 "Daniel", as in "Daniel Greystone" of Caprica series, maybe?

Personality profile of "Daniel" seems similar to Starbuck's artistic leanings and hidden sensitivity...

On the other hand, Baltar also seems to be the "sensitive" and "insecure" type similar to what Ellen described...

My 1st theory: Starbuck is the 8th model Cylon version 2.0 of Daniel in female form, gathered from whatever DNA Ellen and the other Four had.

My 2nd theory (more farfetched): Starbuck and Baltar are genetic fraternal twins that share similar personality traits and connections with Cylons.

Lost model #7....Gaeta, anyone? :sexywink:

I also suspected Gaeta a long time ago... And I think he still might be connected to the Cylons, in reference to his last conversation scene with Baltar. (I actually thought Gaeta might have had a conversation with Baltar in his head like Six/Baltar.)

Another part of me thinks there's probably a cloaked resurrection ship orbiting Earth, which would also explain Starbuck's reappearance from the previous season.

So who knows? ... Gaeta might download and resurrect.

So wait, we only know of 11 then?

The way they have it, there's eight models, plus the Final Five.

Since Number 1 (Cavil) erased all memory of the five from the other models, it is also conceivable that he erased any evidence of Number 7 existing from their memories too.

It basically answers why we've always had Numbers 1-6 and then Number 8 (Boomer).

My 1st theory: Starbuck is the 8th model Cylon version 2.0 of Daniel in female form, gathered from whatever DNA Ellen and the other Four had.

I was basically joking about Gaeta. I think him being #7 would be a very weak revelation; his ultimate fate was poetic in itself, and I don't imagine that it would be undone so abruptly.

Starbuck does seem to be the candidate, if #7 still exists in some form. That, of course, keeps open the big question as to what the "Cylon god" is supposed to be. I found it interesting that Ellen tersely stated that it was created by the Centurions, and that it seems to act independently of the other Cylons. Also, it might be a decent chuckle to note that the original Starbuck back in the late 1970s show was a man; perhaps when Ellen talked about how Cavil "contaminated the chromosomes" of Number 7, it's a sly reference to this.

I tend to think that the reveal about the nature of the Cylon god will answer about the origin of the Virtual Six too. Can I say that one of the biggest disappointments of the latter half of BSG is how Virtual Six just kind of disappeared and never came back? Of course, Baltar really hasn't had much of interest since he became a messenger of the Cylon god, at the behest of Virtual Six--yet another indicator that this amorphous being is involved.

Some interesting things ahead in the show, it seems.

I think it's lame for the producers to play the "Guess the cylon" game again after all the Final Five stuff. And hoping they agree with me, I'm thinking that maybe Daniel will be "reincarnated" with the birth of Saul & the Six's child, which could be the "miracle" Anders was yelling about right before the operation.

I was basically joking about Gaeta. I think him being #7 would be a very weak revelation; his ultimate fate was poetic in itself, and I don't imagine that it would be undone so abruptly.

Starbuck does seem to be the candidate, if #7 still exists in some form. That, of course, keeps open the big question as to what the "Cylon god" is supposed to be. I found it interesting that Ellen tersely stated that it was created by the Centurions, and that it seems to act independently of the other Cylons. Also, it might be a decent chuckle to note that the original Starbuck back in the late 1970s show was a man; perhaps when Ellen talked about how Cavil "contaminated the chromosomes" of Number 7, it's a sly reference to this.

I tend to think that the reveal about the nature of the Cylon god will answer about the origin of the Virtual Six too. Can I say that one of the biggest disappointments of the latter half of BSG is how Virtual Six just kind of disappeared and never came back? Of course, Baltar really hasn't had much of interest since he became a messenger of the Cylon god, at the behest of Virtual Six--yet another indicator that this amorphous being is involved.

Some interesting things ahead in the show, it seems.

I think it's lame for the producers to play the "Guess the cylon" game again after all the Final Five stuff. And hoping they agree with me, I'm thinking that maybe Daniel will be "reincarnated" with the birth of Saul & the Six's child, which could be the "miracle" Anders was yelling about right before the operation.

Some of you, I was going to say many of you won't like my most current theory or prediction.

But this mysterious, and final cylon
is Battlestar Galactica.

I could site obvious clues, hidden in plain (plane) sight over the last couple of episodes.

The way they have it, there's eight models, plus the Final Five.

the creators never use the word only 12 or 13 or any number.

and if you noticed
the opening credits now read

"39,XXX survivors "

instead of "39,XXX human survivors"

since it has now been revealed that there are cylons mixed in with what we thought were only human survivors

I do remember listening to an interview with one of the writers awhile back
and the question was
there are only 5 final survivors?

his answer was something like,

it has been revealed that there are a final five.

he left out the word only.

This show certainly doesn't frakk around.

So, is Starbuck a child of a cylon? Perhaps she's a hybrid...

I have no idea how they are going to wrap all of this up in only three more episodes.

with only 3 episodes left

I am starting to think, all of this will not tie up as nicely as many of us were hoping it would.

Back
Top Bottom