Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read an article about Christian Bale in the Sunday paper and he mentioned it- he said that Christopher Nolan really hasn't told him anything about the script, etc. but he trusts him.

zoolander-dark-knight.gif

I liked Batman Begins. But I hated Dark Knight and i can't imagine that this would be much better, with Bane as the male villain. Bane, really? They couldn't do The Riddler?

I thought the ending was contrived and stupid.

To explain, here's what I wrote in regards on Yahoo Answers at the time, i regard to the ending:

As far as I'm concerned, the movie contained good strong writing, but with a faulty ending thanks to the surprise twist. On the surface, it seems like Batman made a good sacrifice by telling the Commissioner to blame Harvey's bad deeds on him. But if you scratch beyond the surface, I think it makes little sense, for 4 reasons:

1. I understand they didn't want Gotham City to know that Harvey had done those killings, but do the writers honestly expect me to believe that Batman and Gordon couldn't have come up with a better story than to blame it on Batman? How about blaming it on one of Joker's men or even saying they don't know who did them?

2. Noble noble Batman doesn't want Gotham to lose faith in justice and goodness by finding out that a good man did bad things. Well, that's understandable. But Harvey's dead now, and the people do still have Batman to look up to. The city needs someone living to look up to, more than the memory of a good man. Some people in the city wanted Batman gone, but others loved him. Is it somehow better for them to believe that a good man that is still alive has gone bad than it is to believe that a good man now dead did some bad things? The citizens will now hate and fear Batman; what's the point of the good citizens thinking Batman's a murderer? It's ridiculous, in my opinion.

3. I really believe Gordon never would have agreed to do it, because of his friendship with Batman.

4. Besides his loyalty to Batman, Gordon would be breaking the law by hindering a criminal investigation, covering up, and committing mass fraud. I don't think he would do that. I really don't.

I'm having a hard time imagining Catwoman in Nolan's universe at the moment, guess we'll see how that goes. Not too worried about it. Bane could be cool.

Also, I don't care what you think about Anne Hathaway's looks or acting ability. She does not have the feline carnality of some of the other names that were tossed around.

I'm a little confused, and can only hope Nolan saw something that I didn't.

I also agree with Scumbo that the character itself doesn't seem to fit with the tone of this new series. And as much as I dislike Tim Burton, I liked Batman Returns and thought he pretty much did Catwoman as good as I could hope to see it.

She does not have the feline carnality of some of the other names that were tossed around.

I liked Batman Returns and thought he pretty much did Catwoman as good as I could hope to see it.

I agree with both points entirely. Nolan is also about the last name that comes to mind when I think "sexuality" or even "strong female character."

And as much as I dislike Tim Burton, I liked Batman Returns and thought he pretty much did Catwoman as good as I could hope to see it.
The duality theme in Returns is explored brilliantly and Burton/Waters absolutely nail the Bat and Cat relationship. It also helps that Keaton and Pfeiffer had great sexual chemistry, no doubt the product of their earlier off-screen courtship. I don't think there's much left to be said with regard to Catwoman, plus Nolan's films are like one big dry vagina. Very strange choice.

It should be noted that a lot of people thought Heath Ledger was an awful choice when it was first announced. It wasn't until images and trailers started that everyone realized Nolan knew what he was doing.

It should be noted that a lot of people thought Heath Ledger was an awful choice when it was first announced. It wasn't until images and trailers started that everyone realized Nolan knew what he was doing.
To be fair, Nolan is also the man who cast Tom Wilkinson as an Italian-American mob boss. Love Wilkinson but he's about as intimidating as a substitute geography teacher and his accent was straight out of Dick Tracy.

It should be noted that a lot of people thought Heath Ledger was an awful choice when it was first announced.

Those people were idiots.

Anyone who watched more than a couple Heath Ledger performances would have realized he was capable of a very wide range of roles. The guy almost won a Best Actor award for Brokeback before The Dark Knight was even filmed, a perf that was itself quite different from what he had done before.

When you stop to think about it, it's kinda nice they chose Bane. Riddler wouldn't be cool 'cause it's too "similar" to The Joker; I mean, I know it's actually not, but you get the point. Also, Bane is more in the vein of the "realistic" villains the Nolans are approaching.
And anyway, even though I was hoping for The Pengiun, after the perfect masterpiece Nolan delivered in the last Batman film, I trust him to use whatever characters he wants to. Aso, I hope he stays true to what he said that this will put an "end" to the Batman story. So, if fuckin' Warner wants more Batman films in the furture, his trilogy's story will remain untouched.

It makes about as much sense as "80sU2isBest".

Glad I wasnt the only one who caught onto that apparent trend

I can't wait to see what Nolan does with these characters. I'm sure Bane wont be the cheesy, mask wearing, muscley drug addict as he is in the comic books. I just hope they dont create some sort of new drug to have him addicted to though. I always hate when the do that in movies. Make him a sketchy pcp addict or something.
I'm also having trouble wrapping my head around cat woman, but I have faith in Nolan. I mean, Scarecrow would be hard to imagine had we not seen him in the first movie

anne-hathaway-240.jpg

Catwoman is purr sex.

(I guess Liza Minnelli was a tat old)

I assume this is sarcastic? I'd post a video that would show otherwise, but it would get me added to the 'banned/suspended members' thread

She looks Liza in that picture, that was in the CNN article about Batman.

If you look in the other thread, you will see that I said she can act sensual,that she was pretty hot in Sex and Other Drugs and some other films.

She looks Liza in that picture, that was in the CNN article about Batman.

If you look in the other thread, you will see that I said she can act sensual,that she was pretty hot in Sex and Other Drugs and some other films.

well then maybe I should just post the video anyway

Back
Top Bottom