Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a feeling that we won't actually see Catwoman, though. As Laz and Peef mentioned, there's a need for a female lead, so maybe they'll stick with Selina Kyle and leave the Catwoman business out of it. It would be unusual, but I wouldn't be too surprised. Maybe she'll have a couple cats in her apartment or something and that will be the only reference to Catwoman that we'll get. I'd be okay with that

I've got a feeling that we won't actually see Catwoman, though. As Laz and Peef mentioned, there's a need for a female lead, so maybe they'll stick with Selina Kyle and leave the Catwoman business out of it. It would be unusual, but I wouldn't be too surprised. Maybe she'll have a couple cats in her apartment or something and that will be the only reference to Catwoman that we'll get. I'd be okay with that

I suppose this is possible. The film could always end like Batman Begins with Gordon making reference to a new criminal who the audience would know was Catwoman. With the Joker and Scarecrow still alive in Arkham Asylum there is no reason to think that Batman would not face them again in the years following the final film. Sneaking in Catwoman's existence at the end would only enhance the known rogue gallery in the Nolan universe and leave the audience with a sense that Batman has many more adventures to come. I wouldn't mind that actually.

Wouldn't be all that wise if Nolan didn't want WB to exploit his franchise and continue it, such an open ending would make that even easier.

He's been on record as saying that he's looking to close his film arc and doesn't mind other filmmakers coming in with their interpretations of the material afterward. If anything, I'm more interested in seeing what a less literal-minded director would bring to the material.

I'm watching Begins right now and am liking it WAY more than I remember.

Bruce's return to Gotham. He strolls into the office in his fine suit. "Name?" "Bruce Wayne."

And next thing you know he's got his arms around the secretary teaching her how to putt.

That's some straight up James Bond shit right there. They might as well have had him say "Wayne. Bruce Wayne."

Cool shit.

Yeah, Begins has now moved into 2nd place on my Chris Nolan filmography rankings, behind The Prestige.

The man's comedy ran dry, but he is a killer dramatic actor. Of course I'm sure this rumor is bunk, someone just threw it out there for attention and thought they'd get a little bit more 'cred' because Williams starred in Nolan's Insomnia. Someone did the same thing for Williams being cast as the Joker back in 2006 or so.

I think that rumour has been going around for quite a while. At one point, he was rumoured to be playing the Riddler. I do like JGL, but I dont find him to be a particularly good actor. He always seems to be playing a part rather than embodying a character

TDK was on TNT yesterday, caught some of it while flipping channels, forgot just how brutal that was in the movie...really overdone.

Kind of hoping they can come up with an in-universe autotune effect that justifies Nolan digitally altering Bale's voice to a non-constipated growl.

Now all you need is Ellen Page as Batgirl, and you have an Inception reunion.

Whoa, or was that just a dream? /Neo voice

Leonardo as Egghead?

b1d543d94631aaa851c9706f6c0e.jpeg

+

egghead.jpg

=
Leonardo-DiCaprio-balderized.jpg

Marion Cotillard Joins Anne Hathaway, Christian Bale for Batman 3

Gotham City is about to get a French accent. Already set to star Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Christian Bale returning as the Caped Crusader, the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, is also welcoming a formidable femme fatale: 2008 Oscar winner Marion Cotillard.

While it still remains to be seen whether the French star, 35, will play a romantic interest or a rival superhero to Hathaway's character of Selina Kyle – also known as Catwoman – the addition of Cotillard comes as a surprise, reports Monday's Le Parisien newspaper.

Sources also tell PEOPLE that the La Vie en Rose Oscar winner, who is expecting a baby in April with her French actor-director beau Guillaume Canet, signed onto the Batman project Saturday in Paris.

The Batman movie will also reunite Cotillard with her Inception director Christopher Nolan and costars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy. Others in the cast include Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman.

According to sources, Cotillard will start shooting at London's Elstree Studios in mid-June, then move on to locations in Pittsburgh and Los Angeles this summer. Filming is expected to wrap in New York in November, with the picture's release set for July 2012.

I'm glad there's still a possibility for Talia's involvement however I wouldn't have pegged her for French (Cotillard pretty much can't drop the accent) but then again Liam Neeson's depiction of the father was kind of cosmopolitan-can't-place-it-European so it could be fine.

Throw in a Scarecrow cameo and you have the vast majority of Inception's cast.

Back
Top Bottom