Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because of Wikipedia, I just realized he was played by the lead singer from James in Batman Begins.

I didn't even realize he was in Batman Begins in the first place.

I knew this, but I have no idea why I knew this

Harley Quinn in my opinion would have been perfect in the Nolan universe even if nowhere near as popular.

And then this too. Though, how can you have Harley Quinn with no Joker? Maybe this was in the cards, but had to be scrapped after the Olsen twin killed Heath

Zsasz is too much of a "nobody". I mean, all those characters are kind of (bad) variations of The Joker.
Bane, on the other hand - if Nolan stays close to the comics vision (or improve it, which I think he'll do) - will be awesome. Bane is quite a departure from the Joker in terms of style, but not in quality of the character (even though no one can beat the Joker, imo).
Also, now that I've got to think about it... hey, one more reason to hate Batman and Robin... they managed to complete fuck up Bane in that... joke of a film.

I know the end result will turn out well, but I have reservations.

I'm seriously disappointed they're going with 2 villains that have already been done in live action Batman films. Also, I really hate the idea of Catwoman in Nolan's Gotham.

Maybe I'm just disappointed that Hardy isn't playing Black Mask.

Oh and for the record:

Batman Begins
Under the Red Hood
The Dark Knight
Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Returns

Batman

Batman Forever

Batman & Robin

And I really think his vision of a trilogy took a huge hit when Heath passed. If that had not happened, I'll bet he would have been back for this third one. It just makes me wonder what Nolan's original plans were for this final installment, and how big a part the Joker played in it. If any.

I dunno, I think he wrapped up what he wanted to do with The Joker, other than possibly having him appear in a cameo to torment Batman for a moment during a scene in Arkham or something, their story was over, Bruce won and did it without compromising his morals. What really threw me for a loop with TDK was Two-Face. I remember reading an interview with Nolan back in 2005 when Begins came out when he first talked of his franchise as a planned out trilogy, saying that (as we already knew from the tip-off at the end of Begins) Joker would be the villain of part two and that he would scar Dent during a trial at the end of the movie, setting up Two-Face as the villain of the third film, so that (which of course he had years to change that treatment, but I liked the idea) combined with how Two-Face was shoe-horned into the end of TDK and killed and I was a bit baffled.

I really wish TDK had ended BEFORE they went into the Two-Face stuff. God that felt so rushed.

Agreed, I can see it fitting into one story, since thematically it did work, but it was rushed. I admire TDK for wanting to be this huge-scale crime saga set in a comic book world, but I think had they saved some for future installment(s) it would have worked better. Also, following my Begins' personal character study (favorite comic book film), it was kind of disappointing for Bruce Wayne to be more of an ensemble player in the whole thing when Begins was the first Batman movie to not let the villains push Batman out of the central focus (though coincidentally, Murphy's Scarecrow is also my favorite Batman villain performance).

Personally, I can't see Bane as a realistic Batman villain in a Nolan movie. I could see Seline Kyle/Catwoman with some Gotham mob connection a la Dark Victory graphic novel... that would be cool. And then, HUSH character would be really cool.

can someone tell Bale to spit the gravel out of his mouth for this installment?
Or at least pretend to look interested.

Bat-flicks in order:

Batman Returns
Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Batman
Batman Forever

I actually saw Forever eight times at the cinema. Yeah.

What do you folks think of the 1966 Batman movie? What a laugh riot; I love it!

can someone tell Bale to spit the gravel out of his mouth for this installment?

2nb649c.jpg

It's a masterpiece when under the influence of drugs.

'Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.'
That is one of my favorite lines of all time, and I've never been under the influence in my life! Weirdness can be loved just for the sake of weirdness.

I know the end result will turn out well, but I have reservations.

I'm seriously disappointed they're going with 2 villains that have already been done in live action Batman films. Also, I really hate the idea of Catwoman in Nolan's Gotham.

Maybe I'm just disappointed that Hardy isn't playing Black Mask.

If someone as previously marginalized as Bane or The Joker is re-used in a different interpretation, then I think it's fair game, is it not?

Of course it is, I was just saying that since this is supposedly Nolan's final installment, it's disappointing to me that we won't get to see him interpret any more of the members of Batman's rogue's gallery that have never been in a live action film before, you know what I mean?

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'm dumbfounded that Nolan actually wanted to bring back the Catwoman character. I can't believe that after the success of TDK it could have been any kind of studio demand.

Of course it is, I was just saying that since this is supposedly Nolan's final installment, it's disappointing to me that we won't get to see him interpret any more of the members of Batman's rogue's gallery that have never been in a live action film before, you know what I mean?

I completely agree when it comes to Catwoman/Selina Kyle, but with Bane, the character presumably won't be anything close to how he was depicted in Batman & Robin for it to matter.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'm dumbfounded that Nolan actually wanted to bring back the Catwoman character. I can't believe that after the success of TDK it could have been any kind of studio demand.

He had to have been pressured to have a lead female character to some extent.

Oh yeah I highly doubt either villain will be anything like how they were previously portrayed.

OTHER FAMOUS ALL-TIME BONERS

If hadn't already received a grammatically disastrous banner ad for boners, I will now.

I really wish TDK had ended BEFORE they went into the Two-Face stuff. God that felt so rushed.

yeah, agreed. i haven't followed the comics or the story closely at all, so to me that final quarter or so of the film with regards to Two-Face did feel very rushed.

What do you folks think of the 1966 Batman movie? What a laugh riot; I love it!

i absolutely love it. we taped it off TV ages ago on VHS, and i watched it that many times that tape wore out.

Back
Top Bottom