Bad Movies you love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Cliffhanger

The dialogue is so full of cheesy one-liners, they grow on you and you learn to love them. John Lithgow is a great villain. Tons of great character actors.

The score and visual scenery is amazing. The movie is supposed to take place in Colorado, but photography took place in the Dolomites of the Italian Alps.

I'm going to repost this from the list thread, because I put a lot of time into writing it, and I don't feel like basically saying the same things over again :lol:

My Favorite Movies - So Bad, They're Good
-The first five on this list are in order, the rest are just as I think of them:

1) Under Siege - I love this movie so much, I actually come close to ranking it among my favorite films of all time. It's Die Hard, but on about 10 different drugs. There is a stew goin' on here, and it's ingredients are Steven Seagal as a Navy Seal/Chef, Tommy Lee Jones as a biker terrorist and it's seasoned beautifully with a closing knife fight between the two. Genius.

2) Con Air - There are times where this film almost eclipses Under Siege, for me, but it's not the non-stop laugh riot that the former is. The pace slows a bit at times, but it's still got a few scenes that just can't be topped. Now why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box?

3) Teeth - This movie doesn't really fit into the "so-bad-it's-good" category so much as it's just an absolutely ludicrous feature. I first saw it on my quest to find the best bad horror movie out there. After it was over, my task was completed. This film uses a young girl who discovers she has a set of teeth in her vagina as an allegory for the dangers of abstinence-only education...what's not to love?

4) The Room - It has to be here, so let's just get this over with. I almost don't like to give the movie such a place of "honor" because of how much Tommy Wiseau banks on his inabilities, but I'll let it slide in this case: I don't think any of us believe that he actually made it this way on purpose.

5) Last Action Hero - A favorite movie of mine when I was a kid, it actually only got better when I viewed it as an adult. Jingle All The Way, aside, this is probably my favorite Schwarzenegger flick, mostly because I admire how good a job he did of thoroughly taking the piss out of himself.

Most of the rest of these are going to be horror movies:

6) Jennifer's Body - The plot is hysterical, the acting is mediocre and the gore is applied heavily. Any movie that makes a mockery of the typical teenage-slaughter-sex-fest films is usually going to be one I love. No exceptions here.

7) Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - I've never watched the MST3K episode of this, because I don't know why anyone would need to: This movie's funny enough on it's own.

8) Ulli Lommel's Zodiac Killer - I'm only going to choose one by Ulli Lommel, because I could probably list every one of his I'd seen here, otherwise. Pretty much this movie is another in a long history of films trying to give an answer for who the Zodiac killer was. This one, however, does something a little different, on its $50 budget. It takes place in the 2000s, and the antagonist isn't the Zodiac killer of old, but a young man who takes his inspiration for a killing spree from the original. However, it turns out that the Zodiac killer is still alive and angry that such shoddy work is being attributed to his name, and he comes for "our hero".
A combination of incorrect history, bad plotting, horrible camera work and a micro-micro-budget make this the worst movie I have ever seen.

9) Christmas Evil - I don't like to tell people why I love this movie so much, because it will spoil the ending. There is about 45 minutes of straight-up boring material in this film, but the beginning and most certainly the ending warrant sitting through the entire thing. If you're not up for it, however, X-Entertainment did a LOVELY review.

10) Leprechaun 3 - The Leprechaun takes Las Vegas in this fantastic sequel to what was already a train-wreck of a franchise. I picked this one specifically because I have some fond memories attached with it from one St. Patrick's day viewing with my mom, oh so many years ago.

11) Bride of Chucky/Seed of Chucky - I'm putting these together because they're basically just a continuation of one another. Somewhere in any horror franchise, you have to make a choice: Do you continue to try to make serious movies, or do you begin to do as much as you can to turn the franchise into a joke? The Leprechaun movies and the Chucky films made the right choice. I'm beside myself with despair that the newest film coming out is apparently going back to trying to be a "real" horror movie.

So, there you are. I had to put 11 in there because I forgot about the Leprechaun films. Anyways, I'm sure I'll think of others I forgot later, but I thought I'd share for fun.

I would just like to add that since I wrote this a couple of years ago, I have seen the MST3K episode of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Rocky IV was pretty bad, but I've seen it countless times. Unlike Rocky V which sucked even worse and I can't watch it again.

The Room is the worst movie ever made. There's bad movies where the people involved could give a shit, but this is a bad movie with a professional crew that was trying their best and a creator that thought he was constructing an unmistakable masterpiece.

The Room then trumps all that by being hilariously bad in the most inconceivable of ways in a mind-boggling amount of times, becoming both the funniest film ever made and, dare I say it, the best movie ever made. The only real example of something so bad that it is in fact good (and I've seen other hilarious disasters such as Troll 2 and Plan 9 - films that still end up being terrible).

Seriously, gun to my head, I'm going to list films like Star Wars, Manhattan, Through A Glass Darkly and (probably my favorite) The Nights of Cabiria among the greatest films ever made. But The Room trumps them all.

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves: Costner's "English" accent, mullet hair-do. Alan Rickman did the best he could do with what he got.

Favourite line of dialogue: Freeman: "Damned English Oak!"

I have no idea why, but Sphere is a movie I can watch and enjoy at any given time. Other than that, most of those mid-to-late 90s Nic Cage action movies (Con Air, The Rock, Face Off).

What's wrong with Con Air? John Malkovich makes it.

Funny enough I was writing my TOP 10 (or should I say Bottom 10) Worst Films on the train on the way to work this morning. They are.....
1. Freddie Got Fingered
2. Battlefield Earth
3. Mac and Me
4. Leprechaun 5
5. Birdemic Shock and Terror
6. Pink Flamingo's
7. The Room
8. The Troll 2
9. Plughead Reward Circuitry Man
10. Sleep Walker

Back
Top Bottom