Australian Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have to admit nothing!
:scream:

Is this show really still going? Isn't it like Big Brother, and now just redundant?

Well, it was always redundant, just more so now!

But god, it's pretty funny to see these terrible kids hit the wrong notes a lot and then hear Marshia talking about how great they are (usually paraphrasing something that the guest judge or Dicko said a second prior).

There's a lot to enjoy about the show, mainly the lack of professionalism in it. If you watch it as people watch Eurovision, you might enjoy it a lot.

top24_WesCarr_Main.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS AUSTRALIA!! YOU HAVE VOTED A SMALL FOREST MAMMAL IN AS THE LATEST AUSTRALIAN IDOL!!!!

:lukeshouldhavewon:

Congratulations Australia, you managed to weed out the contestants who had any talent long before the final, and left us with two singers who make Chris Martin look like Elton John, Luciano Pavarotti and Freddie Mercury all in one!

Congratulations Australia, you managed to weed out the contestants who had any talent long before the final, and left us with two singers who make Chris Martin look like Elton John, Luciano Pavarotti and Freddie Mercury all in one!

What did you expect? This is a country that frowns upon the talented. Now let us all buy a VB or a XXXX, put a hand to our heart, and belt out Khe Sanh.

Jessica Mauboy's doing pretty good for herself... two years later.

But those two years included six months in the death throws of the Young Divas and a dubious single featuring a "guest US rapper" that is so generic it could be from Kelly Rowland, Mya, Ciara, Jamelia, Brandy - absolutely no personality just another belter.

Give me binge drinking tons of fun Casey Donovan any day. At least she didn't resort to Aguilering every damn song.

Her or Millsy - any guy that star fucks for attention and then goes Broadway is OK with me.

Who did you think had talent? That little kid from Immanuel College? Your friend's music teacher? Chris Isaac?

TNMP, your points are also taken.

To be honest, I think Luke was probably the best male singer they've had in a while. That does not by any means speak volumes, but at least he had a distinctive howl and some control over his voice. Also he actually sounded like a man bloke rather than a wimp, quite rare for the mainsteam male vocalist these days.

Can they kill it now? Please?

Watch! As once again the winner fades into obscurity. Shannon Noll's had mild success. Guy Sebastian's fallen away. Anthony Callea sold very well but is now nowhere. Casey Donovan, no more words needed. They're the only names I can remember.

Anthony Callea has a featured role in Wicked - the biggest musical to ever be staged in Australia. $40 million+ in advance ticket sales. However Rob Mills is also in that - so maybe not something to boast too loudly about...

Some of the girls did OK - the Young Divas were successful for a year or so. And didnt that South African kid who was in the 2005 season get onto Neighbours?

:faint:

That promotional song they performed together was undoubtley cheesy and cringeworthy.

Hope this series goes fast.

You know - even though I live in inner Melbourne due to some badly placed hills my digital receiver doesn't pick up Ten (or One Sport either for that matter). Thus I am relient on behindidol.com yet again to hear any of the newbies sing. So keep me posted on who I should keep an eye on :)

I just remembered this thread exists. I know like two other people watch it as well, so bring the good stuff.

Firstly, I think Toby left just because he couldn't think of any Naughties bands he liked other than Radiohead, Muse and Coldplay and couldn't really hack singing another of their album tracks.

Back
Top Bottom