Arrested Development....THE MOVIE?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start of the first episode was pretty....dense, is that the word? We'll have to see if that pays off later, because the actual story of the first episode starts about a third of the way in.

oh, starting episode 2 and I forgot each episode is character-centric. And Paul Rust is story editor! Cool cool cool.

I'll admit, I've not seen much of season 3, so I have no idea what's going on.

Even so, it felt like this was a mess. Still, laughed out lout at least 4 or 5 times which is more than can be said for a lot of what's supposed to be funny on TV.

Everything involving UC Irvine sucked, everything else was funny. Weird episode.

Let's see if George Sr. fares better.

Weird indeed. I wouldn't say dense, as much as slow. I laughed once

Spoiler tag app filler

Here

Ok...

Continuing....

"three people in burkas just walked by, did you not see that"
. Based on that, it's living up to my astronomically low expectations and the assumption that I'll finish watching it with the thought that while it was too bad it originally ended when it did, at least that allowed it to finish before it got embarrassingly bad.

Seth Rogen and those dudes in the airport from that show I tried to watch an episode of once but can't remember the name of...all that quasi-cameo crap is just going to irritate me. We get it, you're comedians/actors in comedies who support the show. Big deal.

Dan Harmon is in episode 2!

First episode was uneven, second episode was pretty entertaining. Not remotely enough episodes to see how it all fits together, but you can start to see where pieces will be filled with context from later.

Episode 2 was tons better. Honestly, though, I was never a huge fan of Michael or George Michael, so that makes sense.

Michael works best as a sarcastic straight man, he was clingy and over-the-top in episode 1. He had a couple of great quips in the flashbacks where his character felt more natural.

This season will be clever, but it's at its low point when it's really overtly trying to show that off so desperately.

oh god

Ron Howard

Judy Greer, Mary Lynn Rajskub, and Isla Fisher play the leads....in my heart. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

(daaaaaaaaaaaamn)

Carl Weathers, James Lipton and Andy Richter reveal
was pretty funny.

Michael episodes have been pretty lame though

The Tobias episode was not too entertaining. That's all for tonight, GOB looks like it'll be episode 7 so I should wait.

Made it through the first four. My favorite was definitely episode 2. First episode was the worst, third was the most absurd and I laughed the hardest at it and the fourth was at least better than the first.

So written out that would be:

I only had the patience to watch one episode at work on my phone. Now that I'm home, it will be tempting to watch the rest rather than nap, although I think I've been up since 10am yesterday, so I'll probably start to doze off around noon unless it gets really good.

Watched the first three. Thought the third was the best so far.

"What's the name of this acting class again?"
"Method One.

"This guy is giving me nothing to react to. Can I have some more of that acting juice?"

And the Fünkes putting the duck in the oven was hilarious.

Portia De Rossi looks hotter than ever.

The Tobias episode killed me.

"I'm Johnny Storm, the Human Flamer!"

ANUSTART

And man, Maria Bamford is one of my favorite comics. Love that girl.

First two episodes so far. Liked the first. Real good laughs throughout. Michael being bleeped out swearing at the Asian kid was a favorite.

But seriously guys? George Sr. Episode was fucking horrid. Only one or two good laughs and a mountain of tedious exposition. Plus him forgetting how to play Oscar utterly after 7 years.

GOB's Colony Collapse episode (7) might be the best episode I've seen yet. Will Arnett's been needed!

Maebe's episode (12) is badass. The ostrich gets me every time; I want 5 more minutes watching it chase her around.

Back
Top Bottom