Arrested Development....THE MOVIE?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
show stealer pro trial version

So is that why it says that in the watermark on all the footage from the old episodes?

I fell asleep toward the end of the second episode. Depending on which city I wind up working in for the remainder of the week, I probably won't get around to watching the entire thing til Wednesday now.

One episode 13 now. Despite getting off to a rocky start (which may have been in hindsight partially just acclimating to the very different rhythms and structures of this season) this thing is fucking brilliant. Not as consistently or complexly hilarious as the original three seasons (but few things in the universe are, if any, so lets not hold that against it), season 4 is some kind of masterpiece of plotting and characterization. This is thirty times as fulfilling a piece of cinematic storytelling as the original seasons, filled now with lived-in and human characters, and a wonderfully sophisticated structure withig each smaller arc and across the whole. It's also completely hysterical at this point as well, with all new comedic patterns meshing with familiar ones, so that aspect still holds up to a degree.

I'm through the first Gob episode now, and the ending of the Tobias ep was the hardest I've laughed so far. I've gone back to watch it several times already. His gleeful "bullshit!" upon hearing there was a raccoon outside was so inexplicably hilarious to me.

Season 4 as a whole is worth watching- the last episode doesn't have a lot happening and is sort of low key. Maybe that's to be expected with such a densely constructed season winding down, And as Lance said, I didn't like the first few episodes either, but it may improve once I'm caught up to its rhythm. But up to and around the 2/3rds point of the season with enough balls thrown in the air and things starting to fall into place is probably the highlight.

I did a season 4 marathon yesterday. I had my hopes up, but then I saw on the IMDB message board that everyone was bashing it and saying how horrible it was. So I lowered my expectations.

I don't know what those people were thinking. It was flippin' awesome.

So was Annyong and the tomato juice at the end of episode 8 really the m*a*s*h reference that I thought it was? :hyper:

^i am going with yes. Especially after the end credits rolling before the babytok ad.

Finished up the season this morning. That ended up being really good. A structure that got off I a bumpy start turned out to be very well put together, with a nice mix of old recurring jokes and new ones.

tumblr_liyehtlAjT1qafc68.gif

BEES?!

Arrested Development will "definitely" be returning, according to series creator Mitch Hurwitz.
Chortle reports that when asked at the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal if the show had a future, he responded by saying simply, "Definitely".

While that's good news in and of itself, Hurwitz went on to explain he was still undecided whether he'd prefer to see the Bluths return in a movie or another season of the cult show, though he was adamant that the cast should be reunited as a whole rather than shot separately.

“Whatever we do, I want to get the cast all together and not do another anthology thing.
"I keep thinking about it, and why don't we do the movie version of this and then do the series, because this series kinda peaks with the story?" he said.

"I kinda go back and forth between that and a series. But here’s the most important thing, whatever we do, I want to get the cast all together and not do another anthology thing, and that’s why I keep thinking about kicking off with a special or a three-part show and then going into a series."

Following this, he turned to Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos who was on the panel with him and asked, "Are you game for that?" Sarandos is then said to have replied, "Absolutely. In any form!"

An Arrested Development movie has long been talked about, and Hurwitz has spoken previously of his hopes that the recently-released fourth season would serve as a "first act" that would lead into a film. In a recent interview with the BBC, he also expressed his belief that a movie was "definitely the next step."

http://ign.com/articles/2013/07/29/arrested-development-definitely-returning

Back
Top Bottom