Another one bites the dust: Divorce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish them both the best of luck.

I have learned it is impossible to know how a marriage is really working from observing it on the outside.

I don't know what happened, but a separation and divorce is better than the John Edwards method.

After 40 years? How long did it take them to realize it wasn't working out? I guess it wasn't working out more recently, obviously only the two of them know and should know. That's too bad, after a marriage of that length.

I agree wholeheartedly that it's better than the John Edwards method, that's a very good point.

I'm shocked too. You would think after 40 years they would be able to sort of their differences.

After 40 years, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was having an affair, or had met someone else. I think many couples at the 40 year point would stay together even if the marriage wasn't great (y'know, barring abuse, or something as horrible). I can't see many people at that age separating just because they're eager to be on their own, or to jump back into the dating pool.

If that's the case, props to them for handling it maturely. :up:

Some woman probably came up to Al outside a hotel and said "you're so hot" a la Rielle and he thought she was talking about global warming and he got all excited so they went up to his hotel room and started talking about global warming and she said is that global warming in your pants or are you just happy to see me..and well, things happen.

(AP)According to an e-mail circulated among the couple's associates on Tuesday, the Gores said it was "a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider confirmed the statement came from the Gores, but declined to comment further.

The Gores were telling friends they "grew apart" after 40 years of marriage and there was no affair involved, according to two longtime close associates and family friends, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because it was a personal matter.

The associates said the Gores, over time, had carved out separate lives, with the former vice president on the road frequently. One of the associates said: "Their lives had gotten more and more separated."

al%20gore%20tipper%20gore%20kiss.jpg

seriously 40 years is a damn good run, only one marriage between them

and they seem to have raised some decent kids to adulthood, cheers to them

and let's hope the rest of their lives is filled with some meaningfullness.

At least they're one of those long term marriages that doesn't have to stay together for financial reasons. They're lucky in that respect. To be trapped for that reason is just sad and miserable.

Russell Brand, Katy Perry to marry on a Hump Day

You would think a celebrity like Russell Brand would want to keep the date of his impending marriage under wraps, but in fact, he has no problem revealing when he and Katy Perry plan on tying the knot.

"Sometime this year," he told "Showbiz Tonight's" Brooke Anderson during her interview with the English comedian. "Hopefully, Wednesdays."

Yes, you read that correctly - on a Wednesday, at some point in the future, the two will wed. Who said celebrities are secretive?

The couple had embarked on a whirlwind romance in January, and Brand popped the question to the American songtress just three months later while they were vacationing in India.

"Wednesdays" seems a fitting time as any, this coming from the guy who once claimed, "We are going to do the wedding naked!" at the 2010 Grammy Awards.

Would you expect anything less?

this is a guaranteed 'bites the dust' a lock, a la madonna and sean penn

Mark-Paul Gosselaar and wife Lisa Ann Russell separate

Mark-Paul Gosselaar and wife Lisa Ann Russell have split after 14 years according to People magazine. The two met on the set of Saved by the Bell in 1993 where Russell had a small role.

“Mark-Paul Gosselaar and his wife Lisa are currently separated, but they both remain focused on their family and are jointly committed to their children,” Gosselaar ‘s representative told E! News.

The couple has two children, 6 year-old Michael and 4 year-old Ava. Gosselaar will be staring in a new legal drama for TNT called Franklin and Bash. The show also stars Garcelle Beauvais, who recently filed for divorce from agent husband Mike Nilon after sending an email to his co-workers accusing him of carrying on a five year affair.

Back
Top Bottom