Another one bites the dust: Divorce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1153573393.jpg

:hmm:

hotelroma4el.jpg

Is that the "other woman" in the first pic? If so, wow - she looks there like she could be Patti's sister...and history IS kinda repeating itself. :ohmy:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i think that older tabloid shot is from when they first hooked up or something. he looks much younger in those pics :hmm: :shrug:

yeah really.

I hope the rumors aren't true, but you just never know these days.

:shrug:

The balcony pics were from Rome during the Tunnel of Love Tour 1988...and what prompted Julianne to file for divorce.

Breakup rumors have been going on for awhile, last tour it was a waitress named "Leah" who got her own song on Devils & Dust and now this one...But I rather doubt this story-if Bruce had shown up with her at the Pony-there would at least be cell phone pictures.

Bruce is who he is, he likes to flirt :wink: But they both deserve to be happy and if they do split, I'm sure the kids will be ok as both parents appear to be pretty committed to them. Looked like he and Evan were having some quality time last weekend at the 75th Anniversay of the opening of the Manasquan inlet:
bruce1.jpg

Barefoot Bruce !!

Last edited:
http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/28/bruce-and-patti-go-rumor-squelching/

Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa threw some cold water on rumors that a split between the two of them was imminent with a little antique-shopping trip last Saturday - and even gave fellow patrons an impromptu concert.

TMZ spoke to Judy Barnaby, a manager at the Antique Center of Red Bank in Red Bank, NJ, about an hour from New York City, who told us that the couple showed up on Friday afternoon and perused the store's antiques for about an hour, holding hands and acting "not at all different" from their customary behavior.

Springsteen and Scialfa have been regular customers at the store for 20 years, according to Barnaby, who first recounted the couple's shopping jaunt on redbankgreen.com, a local news and opinion blog. Dispelling any suggestion that she and Bruce might be separating, as reported last week, Scialfa gave Barnaby a hug, reports redbankgreen, and said of the rumors, "Isn't it ridiculous? My friends are more upset than I am."

Later, Springsteen found an old guitar, and Scialfa an antique mandolin, and the pair did a mini-set of songs for "enthralled" customers. And the Springsteens aren't the only rockers to visit the store: Sheryl Crow stopped in yesterday, says Barnaby, to do a little browsing, though she didn't make any music.

Bruce commented on his website

"I hesitate to use this website for anything personal believing it should remain a place where fans of my music can come free of the distractions that occasionally arise with the rest of my job.
However, due to the unfounded and ugly rumors that have appeared in the papers over the last few days, I felt they shouldn’t pass without comment. Patti and I have been together for 18 years- the best 18 years of my life. We have built a beautiful family we love and want to protect and our commitment to one another remains as strong as the day we were married."

:up: :heart:

After the break-up rumors started to fly around, Springsteen and his wife showed up at the Antique Center of Red Bank in New Jersey.
"They've shopped in here for 20 years, and they were the same couple they were 20 years ago," saleslady Judy Barnaby told Lowdown yesterday.
"Patti said everything was fine. She said her friends were more upset than she was."

"Bruce was strumming an old guitar, and Patti was strumming an old mandolin, and they were singing and cuttin' up and having a good time. They were holding hands and kissing and carrying on." Barnaby declared in an interview afterwards.

Reports said that their relationship was "on the rocks” and they were “virtually living separate lives". Not even Springsteen’s mother in law had an idea about what was going on. "I don't know anything about it" she said.

Other friends of the couple are not sure the marriage is over. "He's just a really big flirt," another friend told the Post. "There's nothing going on."

“The Boss” was spotted in the company of a mystery woman at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park.

Apparently it was said that he got involved in a relationship with a “..stunning 9/11 widow” after he organized a telethon- America: A Tribute to Hero’s, where they met. Her children attend the Ranney School in Tinton Falls with Springsteen and Scialfa's children, according to the report.

Regarding his relationship with Scialfa, an unidentified friend said "They're separated, but everyone has been sworn to secrecy. We're not supposed to talk about it."

But another friend added: "Bruce and Patti are very much partners. They go at it a lot and fight, but they also work at it a lot… Patti is a strong woman. They are not going anywhere."
:shrug:

I really hope these are all just rumors and that the Boss and his lady Patti stay together. I felt incredibly sad hearing they may break up! It's the weirdest thing.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Bruce commented on his website

"I hesitate to use this website for anything personal believing it should remain a place where fans of my music can come free of the distractions that occasionally arise with the rest of my job.
However, due to the unfounded and ugly rumors that have appeared in the papers over the last few days, I felt they shouldn’t pass without comment. Patti and I have been together for 18 years- the best 18 years of my life. We have built a beautiful family we love and want to protect and our commitment to one another remains as strong as the day we were married."

:up: :heart:

:up:

Not married but..very sad if they have split, but maybe they'll get back together. If only I had a chance in hell :wink:

Actor Orlando Bloom and his on-again, off-again girlfriend of nearly four years, Superman Returns’ Kate Bosworth, have split, Entertainment Tonight reports. Sources close to the pair tell ET that the Pirates of the Caribbean star and the 23-year-old actress have decided to go their separate ways. (The couple’s rep could not be reached for comment.)

Bloom, 29, is currently on location in Southern California shooting Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End. He recently attended the Teen Choice Awards on August 20 solo, where he accepted the surfboard award for “Choice Hottie.”

However, there could be some awkward moments in the former couple’s future. This month, they’re set to start filming Seasons of Dust, a Depression-era drama about a young woman (Bosworth) whose uncle commits suicide, forcing her on the lam with a dashing thief (Bloom).

according to tmz.com

"Orlando Bloom dropped by the set of Uma Thurman's new Honda commercial in NYC. The (reportedly) newly-single "Pirates" star is rumored to be dating the tall beauty, but nothing has been confirmed.

The two kept a safe distance from each other in this video, but who knows what happened when the cameras were off."

Now that doesn't mean they are dating, but if they are and Orlando and Kate had already split, well I bow to you Uma. Good on ya :wink: Now that's a gorgeous couple

I just hope it's not for Owen Wilson. She can do a LOT better.

War Is Over
ROCK legend Sir Paul McCartney has offered Heather Mills a £40 million divorce deal to buy her silence, the News of the World can reveal.

He will pay the money over 20 years and in return she must keep quiet about what went wrong in their marriage for the rest of his life.

Macca, 64, who is worth about £825 million, came up with the deal as the mud-slinging between the pair eased.

A source close to the couple said: "They are thrashing out a deal which would amount to between £30 million and £40 million over 20 years and there will be strict conditions.

"Heather must reveal nothing about their personal lives... no books, no TV specials.

"She has one hell of a story and Paul wants a settlement to make sure it never comes out.

"Heather has no intention of telling it because she knows it would only hurt their daughter Bea, but it would always be lurking in the background.

"Any breach of the conditions would allow him to stop the payments — so basically he has control of Heather for the rest of his life.

"There's a long way to go but it looks like that will form the basis of the settlement."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/showbiz/showbiz2.shtml

JCOSTER said:
Maybe she was so horrible to him, he wants to control her.:eyebrow:

No matter what it was he is trying to control her. He is a very high profile celebrity who has been around for a very long time and we all know full well he's got many many stories. She just knows too much.

Back
Top Bottom