Another one bites the dust: Divorce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stay tuned for the two-hour E! special chronicling their divorce......

Last night E! had the Kardashian wedding special on again but this time with the news ticker scrolling across the bottom of the screen announcing the divorce.

It was classic E!.

:heart: TV :heart:

Kim K's mother was on GMA this morning and laughed when she said "no one likes an Indian giver" and that Kim should keep the ring, it was a gift. Seriously? Maybe he didn't even buy it.

They are also talking about donating the value of the wedding gifts to charity, which etiquette says isn't appropriate-the gifts should be returned. Why the hell did people with that kind of money even register for and accept wedding gifts? If you wanted to donate to charity ask for that as a wedding gift.

Even if you don't care about etiquette why would anyone want a ring or gifts from such a short lived marriage? She can buy all of that and more for herself.

Not very PC either. Not that I expect that from them.

She's not a matriarch, she's a MOMAGER. Just that phrase makes me cringe.

Interesting timing too, all of this going down just as momager's book is coming out.

Kim K's mother was on GMA this morning and laughed when she said "no one likes an Indian giver" and that Kim should keep the ring, it was a gift. Seriously? Maybe he didn't even buy it.

They are also talking about donating the value of the wedding gifts to charity, which etiquette says isn't appropriate-the gifts should be returned. Why the hell did people with that kind of money even register for and accept wedding gifts? If you wanted to donate to charity ask for that as a wedding gift.

Even if you don't care about etiquette why would anyone want a ring or gifts from such a short lived marriage? She can buy all of that and more for herself.

I agree the proper etiquette would be to return the wedding gifts. Apparently Joy Behar made such a statement to Kris Jenner on The View. When Kris appeared on Joy's evening show she "surprised" Joy with not one but TWO Cuisinart Blenders. I'm guessing that was supposed to be humorous? Interesting point that Kris Jenner's making the rounds promoting her book. Timely, isn't it? (Just like the timing of the girl claiming she allegedly birthed Bieber's offspring -- announced the day his Christmas cd was released so he's having to make the PR rounds facing all the media frenzy on that story).... So anyway Kim was saying in AU interviews she's making payments to charities for the "value" of the wedding gifts. Ummmm so that allows her to use this method as charity WRITE OFF?! This is really wrong if it's true. The whole wedding to divorce situation is sad.

Demi Moore is filing for divorce from Ashton Kutcher, she told the Associated Press.

"As a woman, a mother and a wife, there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life," she told the news service.

Demi Moore is filing for divorce from Ashton Kutcher, she told the Associated Press.

"As a woman, a mother and a wife, there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life," she told the news service.

I'm glad she'd done it. I read an article recently saying that Kabbalah was trying to convince her that the woman's role was to forgive and support her man...bollocks to that. He shagged around and made a fool of her.

I agree, Cin. More power to Demi. I was cheated on and thought the right thing was to do whatever it took to mend things and take my husband back. Glad I woke up one day and said "to hell with this, I deserve better".

Kabbalah. Pffffftttt......same goes for Scientology IMO

yeah, I saw that figure in the paper and wondered of it was a typo,
without googling, my guess is Mel made the dough by producing some very successful films, he certainly didn't make it all on his acting pay

I guess with that kind of money he felt he was entitled to a little eastern European exotica.

Yeah that worked out really well for him

I guess Lethal Weapon, what were there 4?, made him mega rich. He's probably had gross percentage and more for quite a while. So even though he essentially screwed his Hollywood career he had already made so much. Supposedly just the church he built cost over 40 million.

I guess Lethal Weapon, what were there 4?, made him mega rich. He's probably had gross percentage and more for quite a while. So even though he essentially screwed his Hollywood career he had already made so much. Supposedly just the church he built cost over 40 million.

Don't forget that little movie he directed about Jesus several years ago.

Yea they make more when they have a percentage of the gross from films, if the Exec Produce or finance films. His money can't be from his acting :lol:

Back
Top Bottom