Another great actor gone.. Pete Postlethwaite dies at 64

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Actor Pete Postlethwaite dies at 64
By the CNN Wire Staff
January 3, 2011 6:48 a.m. EST

He was nominated for an Oscar for "In the Name of the Father"
He also starred in "Inception," "The Usual Suspects" and "Romeo + Juliet"
London (CNN) -- Oscar-nominated actor Pete Postlethwaite, who starred in "Inception" and "The Usual Suspects," has died at the age of 64, his agent said Monday.
Highly intense, with a bulbous nose, high cheekbones and ruddy complexion, the actor was immediately recognizable in films ranging from the second "Jurassic Park" movie to "Romeo + Juliet."
It was for his role as Daniel Day-Lewis's father in the IRA drama "In the Name of the Father" that he got his only Oscar nomination, for best supporting actor. He lost out to Tommy Lee Jones for "The Fugitive."
Postlethwaite died of cancer, British media reported.

Actor Pete Postlethwaite dies at 64 - CNN.com

Man, that sucks. I always enjoyed when he'd pop up in movies. Only a few days ago I mentioned to a friend that I really liked him. What a shame

:sad: great character actor that will be missed, and 64 seems pretty young nowadays.

Must of been a pretty aggressive cancer.. He was well into it when he did Inception. One of my fav movies, In the Name of the Father. He was so great in that.

He was really good in The Town, a fairly big part. He did look extra thin.

010TTO-Pete-Postlethwaite-001.jpg

"Brassed Off" is the first movie I remember seeing him in. Loved that film.. will have to watch it again soon in his honor. Godspeed, Sir. :sad:

"Brassed Off" is the first movie I remember seeing him in. Loved that film.. will have to watch it again soon in his honor. Godspeed, Sir. :sad:

Kobayashi in The Usual Suspects stands out for me.

I can barely remember him in Inception (one scene), he played the dying father.

Oh Brassed Off, haven't seen that in years but it was good! I loved him in Dragonheart, he was really funny in that. Sad news. :(

He'll be in "Killing Bono" coming out later this year, his last role

R.I.P. loved him in Jurassic Park and Romeo+Juliet

^Aw, I didn't know that

He has been in so many great films, very unappreciated. At least he left with a bang, 2 fantastic movies in 2010: Inception and The Town

CBS reminded me that Steven Spielberg once called him the greatest actor ever, a true chameleon.

Interestingly enough for this forum, his swan song will be in the Killing Bono film later this year.

I missed this news, it came as quite a shock to just now seeing this thread title. So sad that he's gone, he was a wonderful actor, always the highlight of the films he was in. :(.

Back
Top Bottom