Anime and/or manga lovers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crud, LJT.

That little preview of Noein is dope as hell.

I'm definitely gonna check that out. Is it an ongoing show or is it already done?

If it's already done... the more fun for me. I can take my time watching it without worrying about falling behind. Haha.

Awesome rec. :up:

Does anyone else remember how mind-blowingly awesome Blood: The Last Vampire was when it first came out? (the movie, not the series) I'm sure it looks extremely dated now, but at the time I'd never seen CGI and animation mixed like that. There's apparently a live action film coming out later this year, but it's in English and it doesn't have a Japanese person in the main role. I'm not sure why that bothers me, but it does.

I was living in Japan when Mononoke Hime came out. It was the highest grossing movie ever in Japan at the time. There was so much merchandise everywhere you looked. Posters, books, comics, toys, you name it. I actually bought it on VHS in Japan (yes, that's how long ago it was), and it was one of the first DVDs I purchased as well.

I agree that in general, the Japanese track with subtitles makes a considerable more amount of sense. The English dubs usually feel like they have to make some ridiculous voice or over react to the "freak out" moments in Japanese animation, which always kinda kills it for me.

Holy crud, LJT.

That little preview of Noein is dope as hell.

I'm definitely gonna check that out. Is it an ongoing show or is it already done?

If it's already done... the more fun for me. I can take my time watching it without worrying about falling behind. Haha.

Awesome rec. :up:

It's been done for over a year now, so you can relax and take your time....but it is honestly one of the greatest things I have ever watched.

Has anyone heard of an anime that begins with Hajma something.. I dunno how to spell it, write it, nor do I know the entire title.

All I know is that it's about a kid who works with his mother casting fishing nets and whatnot. Then he gets bullied and can't stand up for himself, and after some incident with another guy, he decides to pick up boxing.
And then he becomes a boxer and so on and so forth.

Any help?

My friend recommended it to me and that I'd enjoy the humor. :shrug:

It's Hajime no Ippo...haven't watched it myself though so can't offer an opinion...I tend not to like the sports based anime, other than Suzuka...but that's a sports based romance...uhh which i'm a sucker for:shifty:

And I've just come to the startling realisation that i'm the biggest geek in this thread for knowing all this:happy: I have no shame.

Haha, if you're a geek, I'm a geek.
.... and we're all geeks. :wink:

Thank you, LJT, for telling me the title of that anime. Same over here, I don't find sports-related anime to be interesting, but my friend keeps pushing for me to try it out before saying otherwise. Haha.

I have this insanely long list of anime movies and shows to watch, but I never have the time to. It's making me mad. :angry:

When I was doing Psychology at uni a few years back I spent most of the second semester watching anime when I should have been at class:wink: I wasn't a complete geek though, I partied hard:cool:

Back
Top Bottom